"Connected" Careers via Universe Mode

Evangel

I've seen other people do this, but I wanted to find a way to do my own with multiple people. I'm using 2K19 for this until 2K makes another game that doesn't suck. Basically the way it would work is your ratings would be determined by the fighting style you choose, much like the ratings in MyCareer mode.

This is where I've had an issue deciding which way I want to go.

1) The first system was going to be an "XP" based system where, depending on who you beat, you gain experience that's used to "buy" rating points. Experience is based on the person's rating in the elo based leaderboard. Basically, if their rating is a 1800, you get 18 points to use for beating them. A loss only gives 25% of that, so you'd basically be given 4.5 points to allocate. This basically makes it so the higher the caliber of star you beat, the more pay-off there is as you work up the ladder.

2) This system makes more sense to use as there is wrestler progression and regression. You basically get better or worse as things unfold and based on how well you do as a player. The same elo based system as before is used, but the difference is you pick a fighting style from MyCareer mode. You don't have to "unlock" the special styles, you can pick them from the start. Basically, this sets the maximum for each attribute. Instead of being able to pick and choose where you want points to go, your player automatically gets better or worse depending on their elo rating. If #1 on the leaderboard is a 1800 and you're a 1650, you divide your rating by #1's rating and get a 91.6, or for this we'll say 92. Your ratings are 92% of their maximum. This idea I just came up with literally today, and I like it on paper until I see how broken it would be in practice.

I guess my reason for posting is to see if anyone likes these ideas and to see if anyone has ways these ideas could be improved on. I was hoping to start up a federation, but instead of the usual Federation, it would all be PvP based. All the people involved could interact, cut promos, and add to the environment to bring something never seen before. I have a habit of coming up with ideas like this where everyone gets involved to help bring a different kind of community to games. This would be on PC, but since Steam has implemented remote play, it wouldn't be an issue if you didn't have it on PC or your PC is too 2010 to run it. It would all take place on one machine on Universe Mode. I love the old XP system the SvR games used to have, but I have no idea how you would even go about implementing something like that in this game, and I see it as almost forcing you to make balanced builds as more XP is needed to upgrade attributes you'd actually want to play with. At least with the first idea I posted, you can build and play how you want or create a build that matches your play style.