Mercurius

Finding the font for the match up screen

Recommended Posts

Mercurius

I'm working on modding the game for my CAW League, and was wondering where the font for the matchup screen is located. I circled the part in question, so you know what I mean...

CkNlIin.jpg

 

Thanks! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackBen83

Interesting, I'm searching how to replace like you the front and the background for one of my custom show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bushysowavvey
On 12/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, Mercurius said:

I'm working on modding the game for my CAW League, and was wondering where the font for the matchup screen is located. I circled the part in question, so you know what I mean...

CkNlIin.jpg

 

Thanks! ^_^

Why does that look like a custom font lol. I never seen that before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mercurius
10 hours ago, BlackBen83 said:

Interesting, I'm searching how to replace like you the front and the background for one of my custom show.

It's in the pac/menu/win/Assets/wwe19_anime/match_up folder. Unpack one of the PAC files using pac_GUI, then open that unpacked file though RePac, to uncompress the largest file sized BIN file (which is the renamed BK2 file of the background) and the DDS file, which is where the front piece is. For the type of DDS file, use Hex Editor to open that DDS file, before you edit it. We recommend using Paint.net with the DDS plugin to edit it.

If you have photoshop, save the DDS file as a PNG file, then edit it though photoshop, then go back to Paint.net to save it as a DDS.

Repack them with Oodle Tools, to make them into .oodle files, and reinject/overwrite the original files before reinject into the main pac file for the show you're replacing.

7 hours ago, bushysowavvey said:

Why does that look like a custom font lol. I never seen that before. 

If you're referring to the background, it's my own customized font. 😛

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JManny

GO TO - pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_anime\match_up

Extract the files from the arena you want to edit, drag each file (4-8 of them) into a hex editor to find the FTPK files (FONTPACK).

qypvK45.png

There is usually 1, 2 or sometimes 3 of them.

Inject another arenas FTPK over any you find.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mercurius
6 hours ago, JManny said:

GO TO - pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_anime\match_up

Extract the files from the arena you want to edit, drag each file (4-8 of them) into a hex editor to find the FTPK files (FONTPACK).

qypvK45.png

There is usually 1, 2 or sometimes 3 of them.

Inject another arenas FTPK over any you find.

 

Okay. And when it comes to nameplates or location plates, is there any way to adjust them so they fit to where you want them, like angling and position, and the timing of their appearances?

Edited by Mercurius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mercurius

Anything about that namebar/location bar thing, to change fonts and positions of them, @JManny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JManny

@Mercurius Sorry I was on vacation, you have to edit the bk2 video in premiere pro or after effects and adjust the position and timing of it to match the font that you choose. That's what I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mercurius
6 hours ago, JManny said:

@Mercurius Sorry I was on vacation, you have to edit the bk2 video in premiere pro or after effects and adjust the position and timing of it to match the font that you choose. That's what I did.

I mean if I don't want the position of the font, like Backlash's nameplate and location plate looking slanted, when I want them straight...or should I choose a different nameplate/location plate for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JManny

@Mercurius Yeah, find a font that isn't slanted and has the position closest to what you like, then edit the video/animation to match it.

I tried adjusting font location etc but it's a f'n nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.