Adding to misc01_start.pac?

xtremebrett

Trying my hand with WWE 2K16 on the PS3 and one issue with both this game and 2K15 is that there are a limited amount of slots to use in the misc01_start.pac. I was wondering if there was a way to increase the number of slots located within this file to perhaps have at least 50 slots? I assume this would be done via hex-editor, which I have no problem with. Seeing as 2K14 had a slot for nearly every in-game wrestler, I was hoping it was possible for these games as well. 

Thanks for anyone who might know something :)

Okay so I've tried injecting the 0005.dat from 2K14's misc pac into every single 2K16 misc pac. I've tried misc01_start.pac in both the game and GAMES folders as well as the misc01_start_p01.pac and misc01_start_p02.pac in the game folder, but to no avail unfortunately. Not sure what the problem is here, but I'll continue to try my luck with certain things until it works :) Hopefully someone knows what I'm doing wrong

The game reads always the misc file that came with the latest dlc/update . I think you can find the file in one of the catalog folders.

To answer your other question, yes you need to update the arc file or the game Data gets corrupted.

If you didn't update the arc file so far and the game still works, then this would mean you edited one of the outdated misc files that get ignored by the game.

Edited by kim666
  • Like 1