Changing names

bushysowavvey

How do I change the name of the wrestlers? I want to revert a Buddy Murphy mod back to Buddy Murphy instead of just Murphy. I’ve injected pofo’s and edited the string file with HxD but no changes. What exactly am I supposed to change?

Say I want to edit Kane ‘98s name too, any help is appreciated. 

Hi,

Ive come across this question posted a few times. Ill try to answer it the best way I can.

You can do this easily in two ways. I will explain how you can do this using Wrestleminus 

In this example , I will change Murphy to Buddy Murphy and Kane 98 to Kane 99.

1. You will need a copy of the modded string_win.pac file which you will find in the mods/superstring folder. Remember it's the modded one which has a filesize of 10.7 MB. Launch Wrestleminus and open this file.

2. Highlight the 0000000 as shown in the screenshot and click on String Viewer.

isA6W5U.png

You will be presented with the following screen

LY5Dz4Z.png

3. Type MURPHY in the highlighted search bar and click anywhere in the program window. You will be presented with the following.

qm7dXXL.png

4.  Click on the first MURPHY and change it to BUDDY MURPHY. Click on save. You will be presented with the following . Select YES.

2ll7zZ9.png

Now we will change Kane 98 to Kane 99. 

Search for KANE '98 in the searchbar. You will be presented with entries from Multiple strings. In-game character names have multiple strings.

gtV7U3t.png

Change all 4 entries of Kane '98 to Kane '99 and save. If you are presented with the superstring detected window, click on Yes. and save.

TJXBcry.png

Copy the modified string_win.pac file back to the mods/superstring folder .

Restart your game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 14:36, BlackBen83 said:

@squaredcirclefan È molto più veloce laggiù, grazie per il consiglio. In generale ho modificato direttamente il file string con HxD, ci vuole ancora molto tempo se devi fare diversi nomi.

Coglierò l'occasione per vederlo stasera : D

I changed the names but in the game they always remain the same, yet I changed the string file both in the mod folder and in the main directory. How can I solve?

2 minutes ago, Fram01 said:

I changed the names but in the game they always remain the same, yet I changed the string file both in the mod folder and in the main directory. How can I solve?

Did you perform a save after changing the names ?

2 hours ago, Fram01 said:

For me it works fine bro, did you save with WrestleMINUS? and for the second step, did you rehash / resign with CCT too?

Try this and launch the game.

2 ore fa, squaredcirclefan ha detto:

È possibile che il gioco stia leggendo da un file di stringa diverso. Puoi cercare nelle cartelle del gioco per vedere se hai una copia del file string_win.pac in una posizione separata?

by chance I have to modify the other files: string diff_win, string rtg_win stringsst_win?

5 minutes ago, Fram01 said:

by chance I have to modify the other files: string diff_win, string rtg_win stringsst_win?

You can go directly in your String.pac file located in the mods folder (in the main game folder), open it with HxD and search by name "MURPHY", select "all", and you can go directly on the name you're searching.

Modify "MURPHY" by "BUDDY MURPHY" and press F3 to go to the next. You need to do this four or five time. When it's done, save, close HxD and delete the BAK.file.

Rehash / Resign with CCT :)

Launch the game, enjoy. 

Edited by BlackBen83

10 minutes ago, BlackBen83 said:

Puoi andare direttamente nel tuo file String.pac situato nella cartella mods (nella cartella principale del gioco), aprirlo con HxD e cercare per nome "MURPHY", selezionare "all" e puoi andare direttamente sul nome che ' stai cercando.

Modifica "MURPHY" con "BUDDY MURPHY" e premi F3 per passare al successivo. Devi farlo quattro o cinque volte. Al termine, salva, chiudi HxD ed elimina il file BAK.

Rehash / Dimissioni con CCT :)

Avvia il gioco, divertiti. 

no I tried to change the name of Bray wyatt in the devil, just saved on wrestleminus except then I deleted arc file on cct and regenerated the def file but once used the game I always get out of bray wyatt and not the fiend.I checked there are only two string files and I have selected both, how can I solve?

10 minutes ago, Fram01 said:

no I tried to change the name of Bray wyatt in the devil, just saved on wrestleminus except then I deleted arc file on cct and regenerated the def file but once used the game I always get out of bray wyatt and not the fiend.I checked there are only two string files and I have selected both, how can I solve?

I have just changed the name of Bray Wyatt'14 by the Fiend and it works fine for me (I have done this with HxD), but you need to modify the String.pac file in the mods folder located in the main WWE2k19 folder (not the String.pac file of the 2k19 game).

5mvy081i2yqa9euzg.jpg

5 minutes ago, BlackBen83 said:

Ho appena cambiato il nome di Bray Wyatt'14 da Fiend e funziona bene per me (l'ho fatto con HxD), ma è necessario modificare il file String.pac nella cartella mods situata nella cartella principale WWE2k19 ( non il file String.pac del gioco 2k19).

5mvy081i2yqa9euzg.jpg

now I have activated the game and both the characters: bray wyatt and bray wyatt 14 are gone.what could have happened?

3 minutes ago, Fram01 said:

now I have activated the game and both the characters: bray wyatt and bray wyatt 14 are gone.what could have happened?

Certainly a pofo problem, you have injected the same, or simply reactive the two wrestlers with CCT when the game is running. In my WWE and Universe mode too.

1 minute ago, BlackBen83 said:

Sicuramente un problema pofo, hai iniettato lo stesso, o semplicemente reattivo i due lottatori con CCT quando il gioco è in esecuzione. Anche nella mia modalità WWE e Universo.

1 minute ago, BlackBen83 said:

Sicuramente un problema pofo, hai iniettato lo stesso, o semplicemente reattivo i due lottatori con CCT quando il gioco è in esecuzione. Anche nella mia modalità WWE e Universo.

and now what do I do?

Just now, Fram01 said:

How do you do?

Launch CCT, run the game with CCT. When the game is still running, go to the CCT and unlock the wrestlers you want on right click on the wrestler. Go to Quick Actions and select move to Superstars, and Playable.

• 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, KJ SimsJr said:

When I open follow the first two steps and get to the page i don't see string viewer

Hi, Are you trying to edit the string_win file in the pac\string\win folder or the superstring downloaded with CCT in the 2k19\mods\pac\string\win folder.? The superstring file is what you need to edit.