My WWE 2K19 is corrupted, due to trying to install CM Punk entrance to a CAW

Mercurius

I made a HUGE mistake of installing the CM Punk entrance into a CAW slot (slot 2), and now the game is so corrupted that I'll have to delete my save...

unless there's a way to save it.

I wanted to use the CM Punk entrance for CAW Slot 2, which is 142894E70 in hex. Used Cheat Engine to install it, and now everything is messed up. I even had the superstring installed. So, what do I need to do to fix it?

4 hours ago, Mercurius said:

I made a HUGE mistake of installing the CM Punk entrance into a CAW slot (slot 2), and now the game is so corrupted that I'll have to delete my save...

unless there's a way to save it.

I wanted to use the CM Punk entrance for CAW Slot 2, which is 142894E70 in hex. Used Cheat Engine to install it, and now everything is messed up. I even had the superstring installed. So, what do I need to do to fix it?

In what way is your save corrupted ? 

If you had your mods installed through Custom Character Tools, the software will have made a backup of your save file which you can restore.

If you wanted to use a custom entrance for a CAW, you are better off adding the string name and ID for the entrance using CAE ITEM ADDER tool so it is listed for selection in the Create Entrance menu.

I tried that, but it won't work.

And I installed it through Cheat Engine.

Also, if I did make a backup via CCT, when I load the game, it'll fail that save load. So...I'm lost.

Edited by Mercurius

2 hours ago, Mercurius said:

I tried that, but it won't work.

And I installed it through Cheat Engine.

Also, if I did make a backup via CCT, when I load the game, it'll fail that save load. So...I'm lost.

Can you send me the cae_item.pac locates in the pac/ menu folder and the ID for the Cm Punk entrance file you have in your game ? It is not best to install logos for CAW’s using cheatengine. 

You will have to restore a CCT Backup manually by copying the save file in the CCT Backup folder to the game save backup folder, closing all steam processes , restarting steam and restart the game.

Shared the link to get them via PM.

Also, I tried your method and still get a failed save notice in-game. I'm still thinking it's tied to one of the profiles I had, since I have 3.

Edited by Mercurius

12 hours ago, Mercurius said:

Shared the link to get them via PM.

Also, I tried your method and still get a failed save notice in-game. I'm still thinking it's tied to one of the profiles I had, since I have 3.

You need to ensure steam is not running in your game when you copy the files to the programfiles(x86)/steam/userdata/...../817130 folder. The files you are copying from the CCT Backup saves are the remote folder and remotecache.vdf. You will need to go to task manager and close all running stream processes not just closing the app or it won’t work. So here are the steps :

1. Close all running steam processes.

2. Copy the backup saves files to the steam game save folder 

3. Restart steam

4. Restart your game.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This happened to me as well. I don't know what caused this to happen I just opened up my game. No internet at the time either. But I have many backups with CCT but none of them seem to work. Please help. Should I try reinstalling the game through steam and retry your process?@squaredcirclefan

Edited by Jrockisbeast

20 minutes ago, Jrockisbeast said:

This happened to me as well. I don't know what caused this to happen I just opened up my game. No internet at the time either. But I have many backups with CCT but none of them seem to work. Please help. Should I try reinstalling the game through steam and retry your process?@squaredcirclefan

Yes you can do that. You will be able to restore the save following the procedure I described.

Thanks for the response and i followed your steps but I just keep telling me it's a corrupted save. I went to task manager and closed everything steam related, transfered my CCT backup, restarted steam, and tried the game @squaredcirclefan

Edited by Jrockisbeast

8 hours ago, Jrockisbeast said:

Thanks for the response and i followed your steps but I just keep telling me it's a corrupted save. I went to task manager and closed everything steam related, transfered my CCT backup, restarted steam, and tried the game @squaredcirclefan

Have you tried using another save from a previous date. 

Can you also highlight the steps you have taken and which files you are copying ?

On 12/8/2019 at 2:05 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

You need to ensure steam is not running in your game when you copy the files to the programfiles(x86)/steam/userdata/...../817130 folder. The files you are copying from the CCT Backup saves are the remote folder and remotecache.vdf. You will need to go to task manager and close all running stream processes not just closing the app or it won’t work. So here are the steps :

3. Restart steam

4. Restart your game.

This normally works for me.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:05 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

3. Restart steam

4. Restart your game.

I used these steps, followed them carefully. I can use my steam upload save game but that's it. And also if I create a new save file with nothing I can also use my steam upload file to replace the blank save game. My CCT backups don't work for some reason. I tried a few of the backups. The backup folder is a save folder and inside is remote folder and remotecache.vdf and those are the files I replace in my userdata/...../817130 @squaredcirclefan

Edited by Jrockisbeast