X-Rey 4 Official Thread. 4.2 Released

tekken57

X-Rey is a program used to view, export and import the yobj and mdl 3d model formats of the WWE series of games. It has other functionalities related to the models such as animation meshes, importing an exporting of meshes etc. 

New Features in v4.2

- Recoded the extract and inject smaller functions to work with PC models

- Fully custom yobj's using meshes of any size (accessed using ctrl+p) (video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/1MjombsZ03g )

- Read and export creation studio Sub object meshes

- Increased length of shader name inputs allowing for longer shader names

- Recoded the export all functions for the UFC ps4 models

- Added support for UFC ps4 prop models

Thanks to @HanleysFramerfor providing me with the algorithm for generating pofo's. 

New features in v4.1

- Recoded the uv import function when importing custom meshes. The normal / uv color data is moved when a custom is injected and this offset value is changed in the header of the mesh. This solves the problem of uv's importing incorrectly. 

- Coded functions to set facial animations of 2k18 upwards models to a neutral position 

- Coded functions to edit the header information for meshes in a yobj file. This allows you to quickly change values on a single screen. 

New features in v4 beta 1:

- Added support for the 2k20 mdl format i.e viewing / importing / exporting. Textures previews are not fully support, however the uv's are generated, so you can apply textures in your 3d modelling application (3dmsax, blender,etc)

- Added support for animation meshes on 2k18 models upwards. (Right click a head mesh and select "Load animations 2k18 upwards)

- Custom mesh import, meaning that you can import meshes from other games or meshes you create yourself into a yobj. This is still in beta testing and only works for static objects such as arena's, props and also works for the head meshes for wrestlers. Other meshes such as body parts, hair, etc don't work for the time being but I'm looking into this further. To use this function, turn the "Import faces" on.  

The reverse triangle strip method I am using here was discovered by @HanleysFramer . Thanks to him for sharing the information with me which enabled me to complete the reverse triangle strip code i’ve been working on for a few years. 

- Rewrote the weight export and import scripts to fix the rigging on custom yobj files.

Please contact me at sf4mods@gmail.com if you would like to purchase the software. 

Also please note the following with regards to the licensing model:

I create a new version of X-Packer and X-rey when a new WWE game is released, this requires a separate license from the previous years X-Packer. During the course of the year I release updates to X-Packer and X-rey which are free and do not require a separate license. e.g. X-Packer 2017 is for 2k17. 2017.1, 2017.2, etc will be under the same license. X-Packer 2019 is for WWE 2k19 and requires a separate license.

Updates for the course of the year will be done at no cost. I create a new version of X-Packer  and X-rey for each new game e.g X-Packer 2019 for 2k19, X-Packer 2020 for 2k20, X-rey 3, X-rey 4, etc. These require separate licenses.  X-Packer and X-Rey functionality is cumulative, meaning that the newer versions will always retain the functionality for working with older games.

Please note that the serial key is specific to a single computer. Please send me the serial key from the computer on which you will be doing your mods. If you are planning on formatting your computer or upgrading your operating system, please do that first before installing X-Packer  and X-rey and thereafter request an activation key.

Please allow up to 72 hours for me to send you an activation key as I am not in the same timezone as most people. Also remember to check your spam filters in your email to ensure that my email is not discarded. If you have not received an activation key from me after 72 hours, please email me.

I am locking this thread and will be handling user support queries via email at sf4mods@gmail.com.

I will not be entertaining any discussions around paid vs free software this year, there are various alternatives to my tools and you are free to use whichever tool you prefer.  

• Like 7
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 1

• tekken57 locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

X-rey version 4.1 released and emailed to all who have donated. 

New features in v4.1

- Recoded the uv import function when importing custom meshes. The normal / uv color data is moved when a custom is injected and this offset value is changed in the header of the mesh. This solves the problem of uv's importing incorrectly. 

- Coded functions to set facial animations of 2k18 upwards models to a neutral position 

- Coded functions to edit the header information for meshes in a yobj file. This allows you to quickly change values on a single screen. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

As requested, here is a tutorial on how to rip caw's and convert the meshes into custom yobj files. I've broken down the tutorial into two parts, the first focuses on how rip the model. The second is a custom mesh tutorial, I decided to rerecord this process as newer discoveries have sped up the process to create custom yobj files in general:

• Thanks 1