Changing Cutscene objects and superstars?

Simul8

Hi, 

I found this very useful thread Which helped me get a cutscene into the video creator, it works perfectly. However one thing I'm still not clear on is changing the objects and characters in the cutscene. I've scanned both the thread and the a files with HxD and I'm still none the wiser. I'm looking to change all 3 characters, the microphone (as the one in the cutscene is the scratch logo). 

Here is (I think) the file for the cutscene: 89a8af1c8ff10d0f48bd0971344c78f9.png

And here is what the cutscene looks like in-game currently: e4aa74f5ac090aa0cb108afafa74d39e.png

Finally here are the files (courtesy of 'SquaredCircleFan'): https://mega.nz/#!Qixz0aKa!5QDf3K5BvAgDDSZNnaWmCREiOU8xff3YuEjqfrYEsXI

Hi,

The data for the characters and objects is in the 0fop file. You need to decompress the entrance file using pac editor. Open the file in Pac editor and select Mass Extract in the menu. 2 folders will be created. The EVP folder contains a file with a 0FOP extemsion. Open this File in HxD and you will see the following 

I have highlighted a few hex values here . You need to change the BYTES PER ROW in HxD TO 16 in the view settings.

I will explain a few of the data bytes I have highlighted

4B02 - This value in decimal is 19202. This represents the dummy character (Mycareer) model which you can change to any character in the Create Video cast settings 

921A - Hex value for 37402 - This is the ID for Paul Heyman.

85FE - Hex for 34302 2hich is the ID for Brock Lesnar

64CA - Vickie Geurrero - Who handles the contract signing

The other bytes below are for the props

0AC3 -is for a title belt. ignore this

0B1C -Hex for 2844 which is for the wooden table (This prop is not in 2k19. I uoploaded a file in that thread with the table prop)

07F6 -Hex for 2038. This is the ID for the 2k15 mic

07F7 - 2039  . 2k15 clipboard

0836 - This is for the Pen.

I had to lookup the values for the props using this sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SP-pDrcl8pBA2JsQ-_6UzFT29bhe68xlI6ZowTTaRu8/edit#gid=309907045

RMHSD1U.png

To change the mic in this scene, you can change the ID to that of a 2k19 mic. The prop  ID's for two of the mics are 0141 and 0142. This is 8D and 8E in Hex. You will need to replace 07F6 with 008E. You then save and reinject into the EVP using the INJECT AS BPE function.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2019 at 9:48 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

The data for the characters and objects is in the 0fop file. You need to decompress the entrance file using pac editor. Open the file in Pac editor and select Mass Extract in the menu. 2 folders will be created. The EVP folder contains a file with a 0FOP extemsion. Open this File in HxD and you will see the following 

I have highlighted a few hex values here . You need to change the BYTES PER ROW in HxD TO 16 in the view settings.

4B02 - This value in decimal is 19202. This represents the dummy character (Mycareer) model which you can change to any character in the Create Video cast settings 

0B1C -Hex for 2844 which is for the wooden table (This prop is not in 2k19. I uoploaded a file in that thread with the table prop)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SP-pDrcl8pBA2JsQ-_6UzFT29bhe68xlI6ZowTTaRu8/edit#gid=309907045

RMHSD1U.png

To change the mic in this scene, you can change the ID to that of a 2k19 mic. The prop  ID's for two of the mics are 0141 and 0142. This is 8D and 8E in Hex. You will need to replace 07F6 with 008E. You then save and reinject into the EVP using the INJECT AS BPE function.

Thank you buddy! I'm going to give this a whirl now. It's the John Cena contract signing I'm trying to change but I'm pretty sure I can take what you said about the Heymen cutscene and apply the same techniques. Will let you know If I have any success lol 

One thing that has confused me, that I'd like to get my head around is... How did the 8D hex translate into 07f6? 

Thank you. 

Edited by Simul8

1 hour ago, Simul8 said:

Thank you buddy! I'm going to give this a whirl now. It's the John Cena contract signing I'm trying to change but I'm pretty sure I can take what you said about the Heymen cutscene and apply the same techniques. Will let you know If I have any success lol 

One thing that has confused me, that I'd like to get my head around is... How did the 8D hex translate into 07f6? 

Thank you. 

8D and 8E are hex ID's for two of the mics in 2k19. 07F6 which was a mic prop ID in 2k15 ,isn't available in 2k19 . What will happen is, mic will be missing from the scene unless you change the ID to that of a 2k19 mic.

If you do have any issues, I will do a data breakdown of the John Cena contact signing cutscene

• Like 2

2 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

8D and 8E are hex ID's for two of the mics in 2k19. 07F6 which was a mic prop ID in 2k15 ,isn't available in 2k19 . What will happen is, mic will be missing from the scene unless you change the ID to that of a 2k19 mic.

If you do have any issues, I will do a data breakdown of the John Cena contact signing cutscene

After a few trails and errors I think I've cracked it! Using the info you gave me thank you very much!! Just for testing I've used Randy and Drew and also managed to get them in their entrance gear. Also the Big Gold is now the current WWE Championship. I've not tried the microphone yet.

One issue I am having though is the role of the host. The 2 superstars were also the moveset dummies (hex 4B02 as you said), however there were only 2 values of this in the 0FOP. Any ideas what hex the third character might be? 

Thanks once again for getting me this far. a1pefhx.jpg

EDIT: I've done it :D It too was using Vicky Guerrero's old ID. As she's not in the game it must have been defaulting to the Dummy. Thank you once again! Just gonna try and get that microphone changed to a new one now. Appreciate the support bud. Cheers

Edited by Simul8
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Simul8 said:

After a few trails and errors I think I've cracked it! Using the info you gave me thank you very much!! Just for testing I've used Randy and Drew and also managed to get them in their entrance gear. Also the Big Gold is now the current WWE Championship. I've not tried the microphone yet.

One issue I am having though is the role of the host. The 2 superstars were also the moveset dummies (hex 4B02 as you said), however there were only 2 values of this in the 0FOP. Any ideas what hex the third character might be? 

Thanks once again for getting me this far. a1pefhx.jpg

EDIT: I've done it :D It too was using Vicky Guerrero's old ID. As she's not in the game it must have been defaulting to the Dummy. Thank you once again! Just gonna try and get that microphone changed to a new one now. Appreciate the support bud. Cheers

Can you send me the modded files, since I'm in need of those as well. The interview and both contract signing ones. I also need to know the decimals for created championship titles for future uses to change that, when I get to it.

Thanks! ^^

20 hours ago, Mercurius said:

Can you send me the modded files, since I'm in need of those as well. The interview and both contract signing ones. I also need to know the decimals for created championship titles for future uses to change that, when I get to it.

Thanks! ^^

I don't keep my modded ones so I can start from scratch every time I need to without messing anything up, but it's easy once you know how.,

Here are the cutscene files, (uploaded by SquaredCircleFan): https://mega.nz/#!Qixz0aKa!5QDf3K5BvAgDDSZNnaWmCREiOU8xff3YuEjqfrYEsXI

Here are the prop ID's: 

The Big Gold championship is 2009.pac, so the decimal ID is 2009. Using a decimal to HEX converter, this makes the Hex 07D9. Search for 07D9 in the 0fop file shown above and change it to the belt of your choice, for example. The current WWE Championship ID is 2004, this is 07D4 in Hex. 

Other ID's are 

64CA - (The person conducting the contract signing)

4B02 - There are TWO of these in the 0fop, change these to the wrestler of your choice. I used Character Creator tools to get the Wrestler ID's and converted it to Hex just as we did with the belt. Drew McIntyre for example is ID 278, we convert 27802 to HEX to insert him. The 02 added on to the end is the attire. 02 is ALWAYS ring attire. and 04 will be ENTRANCE attire. So 27804 will be entrance attire. So Drew in his entrance gear is 6C9C in hex. 

You will also need to put these in your prop folder to make the table and pen etc... visible: https://mega.nz/#!9zgFlAxT!gs2uxlfVxcp0zdOXtLWg7O7u6viQktcvD8R7m6ou1_Y

Be sure to rebuild chunk after doing all this. 

On 11/29/2019 at 4:48 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

RMHSD1U.png

How do I go about replacing a scene all together in CaV? I want to see if I can get certain cutscenes to show up in Universe mode

On 12/9/2019 at 8:40 PM, UtlimatePiper said:

How do I go about replacing a scene all together in CaV? I want to see if I can get certain cutscenes to show up in Universe mode

That's beyond my skill buddy, this scene was already hanging around the forums before I downloaded it. Hopefully someone see's this that can help you though. 

@UtlimatePiper

Not sure about what you want to do ?

Cutscene in universe are linked/triggered, doesnt think you can add other cutscene,from previous game and missing in the game and make them appeared in universe mode.

@JManny

Has an edited (wip?) universe mode with vintage theme,but he doesnt change the cutscene,only the element inside the cutscene

Sorry budy.

6 hours ago, grayfox12 said:

@UtlimatePiper

Not sure about what you want to do ?

Cutscene in universe are linked/triggered, doesnt think you can add other cutscene,from previous game and missing in the game and make them appeared in universe mode.

@JManny

Has an edited (wip?) universe mode with vintage theme,but he doesnt change the cutscene,only the element inside the cutscene

Sorry budy.

I managed to get @JManny backstage interviews to show up in Universe using KG’s tool so I wanted to see if I could try more tests in replacing certain scenes or elements in the scene in CaV.  The problem about the backstage interviews playing out in Universe is that it will glitch in the interviewer in the match after the scene is played (the original 4221 & 4226.pac is tag team backstage segments where the tag partner gets jump then the scenes cuts to the 2 on 1 handicap match) There’s a workaround with this by rearranging the casts within the tool before the scene finish but it could be tedious 

What’s confusing  about KG’s  tool is how it reads the scenes & identify the IDs. For example JManny”s interview scenes are 4221 & 4226 in CaV. If those scenes plays in Universe while using the tool it would be shown as 8617 (Heel) & 8618 (Face) on his tool. ID 4221 & 4226 would be a totally different scene or nothing at all if I used those numbers in Universe . I been complying a list of different IDs that the tool will generate for the scenes when playing in Universe but I have no clue on how & why  the tool is getting these numbers. Hope that explains what I’m going for.

• Like 1

Yes, i have the same crazy hope since the release of 2k15 and the sad vanish of the mode

It was so fun to create what you want and make it play to friend. And it was easiest for creating video/story/episode...

Stupid 2k. I have great hope for yukes next game, without licence for more freedom...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2019 at 3:59 PM, Piper said:

I managed to get @JManny backstage interviews to show up in Universe using KG’s tool so I wanted to see if I could try more tests in replacing certain scenes or elements in the scene in CaV.  The problem about the backstage interviews playing out in Universe is that it will glitch in the interviewer in the match after the scene is played (the original 4221 & 4226.pac is tag team backstage segments where the tag partner gets jump then the scenes cuts to the 2 on 1 handicap match) There’s a workaround with this by rearranging the casts within the tool before the scene finish but it could be tedious 

What’s confusing  about KG’s  tool is how it reads the scenes & identify the IDs. For example JManny”s interview scenes are 4221 & 4226 in CaV. If those scenes plays in Universe while using the tool it would be shown as 8617 (Heel) & 8618 (Face) on his tool. ID 4221 & 4226 would be a totally different scene or nothing at all if I used those numbers in Universe . I been complying a list of different IDs that the tool will generate for the scenes when playing in Universe but I have no clue on how & why  the tool is getting these numbers. Hope that explains what I’m going for.

Hey Piper -  did you figure out how to make these cutscenes in Universe work? I can load in the backstage interviews (by using 8617 and 8618 - thank you for that info) although the casting is wrong (interviewer is missing). Can you share what settings you use in KG's tool so that the interviewer and Superstar appear in the correct spots in the cutscene please?

You also mentioned a workaround to avoid the interviewer glitching into the match - what did you do to make that work? My understanding is that these cutscenes will only appear in Universe show if part of an active rivalry, and activated in the "rivalries" cutscene function (bottom right on "Current Match Card" tab) in KGs tool - is that correct?

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 11:55 AM, Fecks said:

Hey Piper -  did you figure out how to make these cutscenes in Universe work? I can load in the backstage interviews (by using 8617 and 8618 - thank you for that info) although the casting is wrong (interviewer is missing). Can you share what settings you use in KG's tool so that the interviewer and Superstar appear in the correct spots in the cutscene please?

You also mentioned a workaround to avoid the interviewer glitching into the match - what did you do to make that work? My understanding is that these cutscenes will only appear in Universe show if part of an active rivalry, and activated in the "rivalries" cutscene function (bottom right on "Current Match Card" tab) in KGs tool - is that correct?

Thank you!

Hey sorry for the late response. For ID 8,617 which is the heel interview, you have to cast somebody in slot 1 & slot 4( Cast 1 interviewing Cast 4) & for ID 8,618 which is the face interview, slot 2 & slot 3 need to casted (Cast 3 interviewing Cast 2).

You correct. The scenes only work if the rivalry is active or the game generates a Potential rivalry which you can still see & make changes in the tool.  How I make the interviewer not glitch into the match, its a tedious procedure lol. Basically you'll setup the cutscene like you'll normally do (Set up the cast members, the scene id to match card & rivalries, etc) before you start the card. When you start the interview scene, quickly go back to the tool & rearrange the cast members & removed the interview scene ID to another one in both rivalries & current match card while the scene is playing. Once the scene finish, it will go back to normal to whatever new scene id you'll put in the tool.  What I found to be more less stressful to bring the scene back to normal is to just set up the new scene without hitting "send mods" until you start the interview scene. Atleast all the right people will be in placed already & you can still watch the interview.

I know its not worth all that work since theres no dialogue or audio in those scenes but atleast it  help spice up the mode a bit becausee majority of the cut scenes can be repetitive & boring at times which is why Story creator mode needs to make a return.

Heres a text file of the scene IDs I compile for Universe mode. Some of the IDs is still blank because I dont know what they are. Some of them could be just for the news section without a cut scene. I'm still trying to get the contract signing scene & others to show up  in Universe mode but no luck so far.

https://mega.nz/fm/aolTlIKI

Let me know if you need any help

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piper said:

Hey sorry for the late response. For ID 8,617 which is the heel interview, you have to cast somebody in slot 1 & slot 4( Cast 1 interviewing Cast 4) & for ID 8,618 which is the face interview, slot 2 & slot 3 need to casted (Cast 3 interviewing Cast 2).

You correct. The scenes only work if the rivalry is active or the game generates a Potential rivalry which you can still see & make changes in the tool.  How I make the interviewer not glitch into the match, its a tedious procedure lol. Basically you'll setup the cutscene like you'll normally do (Set up the cast members, the scene id to match card & rivalries, etc) before you start the card. When you start the interview scene, quickly go back to the tool & rearrange the cast members & removed the interview scene ID to another one in both rivalries & current match card while the scene is playing. Once the scene finish, it will go back to normal to whatever new scene id you'll put in the tool.  What I found to be more less stressful to bring the scene back to normal is to just set up the new scene without hitting "send mods" until you start the interview scene. Atleast all the right people will be in placed already & you can still watch the interview.

I know its not worth all that work since theres no dialogue or audio in those scenes but atleast it  help spice up the mode a bit becausee majority of the cut scenes can be repetitive & boring at times which is why Story creator mode needs to make a return.

Heres a text file of the scene IDs I compile for Universe mode. Some of the IDs is still blank because I dont know what they are. Some of them could be just for the news section without a cut scene. I'm still trying to get the contract signing scene & others to show up  in Universe mode but no luck so far.

https://mega.nz/fm/aolTlIKI

Let me know if you need any help

All good Piper - I appreciate your detailed response. I agree - probably not worth the workaround shenanigans every time, but good to have it in the locker. 

Thank you for the IDs file - the link goes to the Mega registration page - is an account required to download files from Mega now?

If I find the contract signing scene ID, will pass it on to you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fecks said:

All good Piper - I appreciate your detailed response. I agree - probably not worth the workaround shenanigans every time, but good to have it in the locker. 

Thank you for the IDs file - the link goes to the Mega registration page - is an account required to download files from Mega now?

If I find the contract signing scene ID, will pass it on to you.

No problem. Try this link & let me know if this works https://mega.nz/#F!rh0CHaBL!tzo42gli5c-I80wbAkevYg

Edited by Piper
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

A quick update, I manage to get a few cutscenes like the Cena's contract signing & Jason Jordan Backstage selfie with Champ to show up in Universe mode by injecting the bpe files to a existing evt file. It still do that weird glitching where the match will play right after the cutscene. My main goal is to find those ring Promo evt files that Universe mode is using & see if I can replace the promos with other cutscenes. So far I have no luck with this but I'll keep trying

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 11/28/2019 at 1:50 PM, Simul8 said:

Hi, 

I found this very useful thread Which helped me get a cutscene into the video creator, it works perfectly. However one thing I'm still not clear on is changing the objects and characters in the cutscene. I've scanned both the thread and the a files with HxD and I'm still none the wiser. I'm looking to change all 3 characters, the microphone (as the one in the cutscene is the scratch logo). 

And here is what the cutscene looks like in-game currently: 

Finally here are the files (courtesy of 'SquaredCircleFan'): https://mega.nz/#!Qixz0aKa!5QDf3K5BvAgDDSZNnaWmCREiOU8xff3YuEjqfrYEsXI

Unfortunately the link above is dead.  Would anyone happen to have these files available and be so kind as to send them my way?  :)

I'm really hoping to add the retro backstage interview cutscene into the game to play around with.

Edited by Def Dave