Everything disappeared and reset!?

El Guapo

Hi all

I've suddenly encountered a strange issue where 2k19 is apparently ignoring my save file and creating a new one when I load the game.

Normally if there is an issue with the save file I get a "save corrupted" type message, but recently it's just completely ignoring what's there and over writing it

Anyone else experienced this? I've tried rolling back to a previous save (I learned the listen to make incremental backups back in my 360 modding days) and I still get the same problem

Today, turned on the game and somehow it Updated WWE Live even though I had it OFF on purpose, but it did it anyway, and again after the "update" everything in WWE 2K19 is now default!

All MODS gone!, All history gone! Every CAW gone! Every downloaded CAW, Arena, Belts GONE! 

:mad:

1 hour ago, drwho269 said:

Today, turned on the game and somehow it Updated WWE Live even though I had it OFF on purpose, but it did it anyway, and again after the "update" everything in WWE 2K19 is now default!

All MODS gone!, All history gone! Every CAW gone! Every downloaded CAW, Arena, Belts GONE! 

:mad:

Is it possible to roll it back to the previous version? I mean - save folder. I did it in my 2k16 and everything came back. 

Edited by satonishell

21 minutes ago, satonishell said:

Is it possible to roll it back to the previous version? I mean - save folder. I did it in my 2k16 and everything came back. 

Hi,

Do you happen to use CCT to install mods.? If you do, it will have made a backup of your save at the point of your last mod install.

• Yes! 1

In my experience every time this has happened I have lost everything, that's why I had the WWE Live Bullshit set to Off.

I don't know how this happened, it should have never happened.... turned On by itself.

Now I am going to have to install every Mod again.... 

The only one who survived.... mostly was 2K88 everything else was completely erased. 

Edited by drwho269

The exact same thing happened to me (see my post  a little below yours)

I had been keeping incremental backups for a while, so while I could roll back it was till sporadically running the stupid LIVE Update. 

I've eventually managed to get it to stop happening after trying  a number of different things - in fact I;m still not entirely sure just what I've doen to make it stop!

Would really appreciate any feedback anyone might have in regards to what is causing this, as I have no idea if/when this'll happen again

• Sad 1

I don't know how to make backups for this games either.

That might have saved my game, I really hate this random "update wwe live" which I do not need or want, but 2K force this and screws my game. 

So much work to redo all over again. 

Today it has being 3 days in a row that this BS happen! 

Thank God "or whoever" that "told me" NOT to download anything yesterday, because it happened again! 

Everything back to default, this is getting tiresome. 

All I want is to be able to download all belts, CAWS, arenas that I use, Install all MODS I use and NOT getting deleted because of the Infamous WWE Live Bullshit.

I do NOT care about the stupid towers, playing online or anything else related to the WWE Live Bullshit. 

Yes I am Mad! 

It happened to me again on Sunday evening and I had to switch off my internet to get it to stop 

Last night, absolutely fine.

I don't know what to tell you mate,I have no idea what this is our why it's happening.

Is anyone else at all experiencing this, or is it just me and drwho269?

For those curious, when I have been able to load my game I have checked and Live Updates are definitely turned off ....

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 6:40 AM, Cave Waverider said:

Do you have Steam cloud saves disabled? If you aren't using any online features, it might be a good idea to block WWE 2k19 with your firewall, too.

I just downloaded most of the belts I need today, still need to download CAWS, arenas/shows again.

I guess I should probably try your suggestion right after.

But my problem is that it did this 3 days in a row. Today it seem fine. 

I really do not play online, do not use the towers, so why would I need that stupid "wwe live update" and why 2K makes it obligatory?

EDIT:

Today... it did it again. 

I was forced to take the game completely offline (block the game in firewall like you said) the only thing is that I download belts, CAWS, arenas... stuff like that. Which I will missed. I do not understand bhy after turning the "upgrade WWE live" bullshit OFF, still at random the game turns it ON for some weird "reason". 

At least I only lost like a day in Universe, but got everything else back. 

Edited by drwho269
Update

Happened to me as well today - was fine on Friday. I had to restore my backup and unplug my internet.

Still none the wiser to what causes it

Edited by El Guapo

20 hours ago, Seattlejedi said:

Happened to me today as well.

"Welcome to WWE 2k19" right after it kicked off an update, when it was set to OFF.  My backups didn't work at all, I am trying to figure out why

Make sure you turn off STEAM, use task manager to make sure they are OFF.

On 11/12/2019 at 1:33 AM, Seattlejedi said:

Happened to me today as well.

"Welcome to WWE 2k19" right after it kicked off an update, when it was set to OFF.  My backups didn't work at all, I am trying to figure out why

Wierdly, if I use a backup straight away I geta "Corrupted Save" error, so I have to restore a backup and restart my PC

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Wierdly, if I use a backup straight away I geta "Corrupted Save" error, so I have to restore a backup and restart my PC

Same for me, until I remembered to Turn Off STEAM, then paste the files and start the game again.

Hope this help. 

Bit of an update of sorts - I've found that if I unplug my network cable, load WWE 2K19, then plug it back in again it does not happen.

Seems to be a thing that only happens on game launch

On 11/15/2019 at 12:55 PM, El Guapo said:

Bit of an update of sorts - I've found that if I unplug my network cable, load WWE 2K19, then plug it back in again it does not happen.

Problem I have is that I have a notebook, so unplugging the cable doesn't solve my problem.

I have the game blocked on Windows Firewall so technically is not suppose to try to connect to STEAM, yet it keeps happening almost every single time.

EDIT: I have even started the game with Online OFF and still happens.

Worst is that I can't advance on Universe because when I copy/paste the backup files, I am at the exact same card that I was weeks ago. :(

EDIT:

I opened STEAM, on the top left click on SETTINGS then click on INTERFACE then unclick "Run STEAM when computer starts" then click APPLY.

I started the game after restarting the PC, it appears to be working without problems now. 

Edited by drwho269

I have a recent backup so nothing too disastrous, but for some reason my whole game reset itself and removed all the mods!? I have it blocked from the server, so no idea how this happened. Anyone have any ideas? Okay, so my backup saves are gone too!? Any idea if CCT or anything else backs this up automatically?

Edited by LordBarker

On 11/15/2019 at 5:55 PM, El Guapo said:

H imate, didn't read your first post properly or that it was you that post it, thought it was some god awful noob! Weirdly I've also started having this issue!?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LordBarker said:

H imate, didn't read your first post properly or that it was you that post it, thought it was some god awful noob! Weirdly I've also started having this issue!?

I opened STEAM, on the top left click on SETTINGS then click on INTERFACE then unclick "Run STEAM when computer starts" then click APPLY.

This has continued working for me, but If I start the game again, I have to remember to turn OFF STEAM on Task Manager, then start the game again.

If not, same thing will happen again.