The Many faces of Sting (RELEASED) - New Previews 11-17-23

wtferrell

The Icon, The Stinger, The Franchise

Before he was the Vigilante, he was a 6 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, the two time WCW International world Heavyweight Champion, and hte NWA World Heavyweight Champion once. He made more pay per view appearances than any other wrestler. When you think of WCW you probably think of the charismatic face painted franchise, Sting. 

Thanks to matt2282p, he released my 19 pack of Stings, ported from 2k15, and also helped me along getting back into the modding scene. Thanks also to hova, AlcLegacy, amongst others for helping direct me to tools, resources and tutorials. Thanks to AznBlusuazn for his old tutorial on making facepaint peelable, etc. This adds so much to my favorite superstar. 

11-17-23 Update! New preview of NWA attire

BlueScorpion.png?ex=656a27cf&is=6557b2cf

11-15-23 Update!  new Previews, redid the facepaint on NJPW after rewatching the match, and new Thunderdome Sting previews!

image.png?ex=656741ff&is=6554ccff&hm=ca5

image.png?ex=656683f0&is=65540ef0&hm=e9a

image.png?ex=656683c7&is=65540ec7&hm=484

V1 92 Great American Bash vs Vader

image.png?ex=6567a6ad&is=655531ad&hm=039

V2 - Updated texture

image.png?ex=6567b4a2&is=65553fa2&hm=711

I'll be releasing some of my favorite facepaints/attires in time.  Here are the first few I've worked on.

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing. I "think" these files are correct. I can't verify as the PC I have right now won't run the game.

Sting Great American Bash 89

https://www.mediafire.com/file/770nyosxuy4x9ey/Sting_GAB_89_10.7z/file

Starrcade 88 w/ Dusty vs Road Warriors

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h4ycvo3r224rurw/Starrcade_88_w_Dusty_vs_Road_Warriors_9.7z/file

Great American Bash 91

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ine87akkpozpzx/GreatAmericanBash91.7z/file

Rookie Match

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6d0zuog372n0ffk/Rookie_match_8.7z/file

One of my favorite looks is from his match against Rick Rude in Japan, which was Rude's final match due to the injury he sustained. Working on the entrance jacket currently:

EJdH074X0AAWHO7?format=jpg&name=large

EJYQv5MWwAEB9Ta?format=jpg&name=large

EJdIQPHXsAAscXo?format=jpg&name=large

The next attire is from his epic Starrcade 89 match that he teamed with Flair to take on Muta and Funk in the infamous Thunderdome match. This paint took a LOT of time due to the details, etc.

EJTCWbpXsAE2PKS?format=jpg&name=large

EJTCWbqWoAAWbuL?format=jpg&name=large

The next look was one of his first televised matches in NWA. This was before he had the Scorpion or Stinger on his pants. It's not a necessarily impressive facepaint, but I wanted to make it as a tribute to where it all started.

EJNxlPYX0AIJAxG?format=jpg&name=large

EJNxlPeXkAAl-nA?format=jpg&name=large

EJNxlPQWwAE_2ZI?format=jpg&name=large

Pay not attention to the mismatch skin/next texture here, but the Great American Bash is one of my favorite attires. The facepaint was so unique w/ the Scorpion in the middle of his forehead. 

EJIydvCWkAEq8RJ?format=jpg&name=large

EJIydvDWwAAI8B1?format=jpg&name=large

EJIydvFXUAUzdNh?format=jpg&name=large

EJJE7wfWkAA0hgA?format=jpg&name=large

I'm going back through and working on some of my paint as well. Here's an updated look at Starrcade 88 where he teamed with Dusty Rhodes.

EJdQaNeXUAAEyv4?format=jpg&name=large

If you don't like the Stinger, this topic won't be for you most likely, haha. My works will be a tribute to The Franchise. I've made a full face texture, normal, wrinkle, and once I get my XRey key, I'll be making some tweaks to the headshape and body in order to make him appear more youthful.

Thanks for checking him out!

Edited by wtferrell
new previews
  • Like 21
  • Too Sweet 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Woo 5

3 hours ago, wtferrell said:

If you don't like the Stinger, this topic won't be for you most likely, haha.

Well, for what it's worth, I like Sting enough to make up for anyone who doesn't 😀.

• Like 5

Yes this is incredible always loved your work from back when you first started your mod legacy back then. Cant wait to see all the variations also hope to see some of the paints when he fought with Nikita Kolof at the great american bash 1991 was one of my personal favorites hoping to see that one. Also hoping to see the crow version. But am happy you started with the blonde stinger as that was really stings best years and so many memorable matches and feuds.look forward to watching the progress on this.

6 hours ago, solidassassin47 said:

Yes this is incredible always loved your work from back when you first started your mod legacy back then. Cant wait to see all the variations also hope to see some of the paints when he fought with Nikita Kolof at the great american bash 1991 was one of my personal favorites hoping to see that one. Also hoping to see the crow version. But am happy you started with the blonde stinger as that was really stings best years and so many memorable matches and feuds.look forward to watching the progress on this.

I've got the GAB 1991 Facepaint finished, as are the tights. I'm waiting to install x-rey so I can try to figure out how to best mimic the hair.  I'm also working on the jacket too. It won't be 100% accurate, but the in ring portion will be. 

22 hours ago, amazing-maze said:

yesssss

Hahaha. Glad to see guys are enthusiastic about the Stinger

On 11/16/2019 at 7:43 AM, Just Not said:

Awesome work man! Really looking forward to all of your MAN CALLED STINGs!

Awesome. Thanks for checking it out. I'm trying to churn through another 10 pack here of unreleased attires. 

On 11/16/2019 at 5:14 AM, El Guapo said:

These look great!

Thanks brother, I appreciate it.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:09 AM, tomwearsglasses said:

Well, for what it's worth, I like Sting enough to make up for anyone who doesn't 😀.

That makes two of us tom. I appreciate it man. Glad to know that hopefully you all will get some use out of them. 

On 11/15/2019 at 11:55 PM, RockBottomCFH said:

Epic stuff! I remember using your stinger pack from 2k15 as well. Welcome back & thanks for working on one of the greatest!

Haha, glad to see people remember the guy who loves the early years of the Stinger. That's some of my greatest memories growing up, wrestling my Ric Flair pillow pal, getting revenge on him any time Sting lost, haha. 

• Like 2
  • Woo 1

42 minutes ago, wtferrell said:

Man, I appreciate it. Didn't realize there were that many Stinger fans out there, ha. 

Brother.. i have been following your work since 2k15..... would love to see what u got going on.... especially for starcade'97 ;)    

52 minutes ago, solidassassin47 said:

Wow man fantastic paint work on great american bash tights look perfect as well also jacket is very good as you said not perfect but very nice. Really love the progress on this.

Thanks brother. I'm working on the hair now. I've just got to figure out the changing of hair, etc. It's been years since I've done this, haha. The hair is my favorite part of that whole attire, as he only wore it like that very few times. I'll try to fix it and release the first 5 attires. 

1 hour ago, GRAVEB4SHAVE said:

Great work! As a lifelong Sting fan I always liked his Great American Bash 92 paint (where he faced Vader) and Sept 4 1995 Nitro (Pink and Purple) paint.

I'll make sure I try to get those. I'm having a ton of issues on the 91 GAB Hair, making it look the way I want it, so I may just have to release it with the standard hair, etc.

And the arenas are a part of the 88 Arena Mod

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing. I "think" these files are correct. I can't verify as the PC I have right now won't run the game.

Sting Great American Bash 89

https://www.mediafire.com/file/770nyosxuy4x9ey/Sting_GAB_89_10.7z/file

Starrcade 88 w/ Dusty vs Road Warriors

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h4ycvo3r224rurw/Starrcade_88_w_Dusty_vs_Road_Warriors_9.7z/file

Great American Bash 91

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ine87akkpozpzx/GreatAmericanBash91.7z/file

Rookie Match

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6d0zuog372n0ffk/Rookie_match_8.7z/file

I hope to get another PC soon that'll allow me to look through the files that I have left. 

• Too Sweet 2
  • Woo 2

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • wtferrell changed the title to The Many faces of Sting (RELEASED) - New Previews 11-15-23