Dear WWE2k20.....

King.Zo

Now we all know about the issues with the new WWE game. But there are some things I have to get off my chest and share with others. So apart from the glitches the bugs and the let downs in terms of game modes match types you name it, there are some things that really bug me. 

I pay alot of money for a game that advertises as the next big thing in the wrestling game industry but get a whole bunch of nothingness. First off I encounter problems with launching the game alot of crashing freezing etc etc. My system is above requirements soo thats not the problem. After days of back and forth with the 2kSupport the end up telling me my antivirus is causing problems. Alright then I proceeded to uninstall it reinstall it even make an exception for the WWE application yet I still cannot launch the game properly without having to turn of my computer restart unplug all USB devices to then get to play. And then I thought to myself, I have played so many games on this machine with this antivirus installed, why is WWE the only game that seems to have an issue with this. Anyways after all the hassle and work done I finally get to play WWE. Not considering the bugs and glitches like clipping floating chairs etc, some of the glitches make the game actually fun if I am being honest. But I cannot accept game breaking bugs and glitches. Why is it for example when I cash in, in universe mode and succesfully win the title that the game acts like none of that ever happend and I am greeted with the champion being displayed as still the champion, or cutscences, out of 10 of them 8 are just wrong completly diffrent superstars, invisible people (didnt know there were so many in the wwe) etc etc. That just makes a quiete boring game even less fun. And now to my final point. While the MyCareer mode had its fun moments I didnt feel like it was MYCAREER that I played. I played a story a campaign if you will in a mode that is supposed to be the players freedom. Yes I had some options that I could choose from but the mode is linear and is aiming at the same exact finish for everybody. Look at the NBA games for example, while also containing a bit of "story mode" you end up with complete freedom from choosing a team to having media interviews to some cutscenes here and there doing sponsorship things you name it. It really feels like I am in controll there. After you completed the main story you cannot play further you are in the hall of fame and thats that, I cannot go and defend my championship like in 2k19 or have any similar expierience other then the towers, and to me they are just not appealing. So thats that for the MyCareer this year a mediocre storyline. 

2kShowcase mode. Now this is something what I dont think is needed at all at this time and point, alot of 2k's resources go into showcase mode each year,  and for what? I cant remember the last time I played Showcase mode, especially if you have the Unlock all thing that pretty much gets you all the custom attires etc. And on top of that why would I recreate matches that already happend if they are accesable everywhere on the internet, a wwe game should be about the players freedom creativity, I dont want to watch a cutscene play out every 5 mins for a match where I already know whats gonna happen. Save the money for Showcase mode and spend it on other things 2kTeam.

And now for the final part while there is stuff like the 2k towers and the originals what else is there to do in this years 2k. The game has just come out and its already pretty boring. I was really looking forward to universe mode but after 2 "seasons" it's getting pretty boring same cutscenes same everything. This is the mode where players can get their freedom and creativity yet this is the mode with the least love shown. The mode lacks sooo many features. The mode comes out every year with no change seriously I feel like I am playing the same universe mode every year....

So overall the game definetly will go down as one of the worst wrestling games in recent history, hopefully this is a wake up call for the 2k Team for next years game. I know there was the departure of yukes and all but elements that were in the game last year that could have literally been copy and pasted in this years game are missing. I am really looking forward to upcoming patches and changes although they wont do too much and much rather concentrate on DLC like they do every year.

Feel free to leave your thoughts in this discussion enough ranting.