After Steam Update every Savegame is emptied

BamBams Universe

I have a big problem and would be very grateful for any help.
Yesterday the Steam Client has been updated. After that I only had problems with my game. )For the explanation I use different Steam users so I could install the game several times.) After the Steam update, my savegame is destroyed each time. It is just reset. When I load the backup (even in offline mode, the backup only once every 20 attempts loaded correctly) otherwise it is always the empty start Savegame. 

If I save in the few successful savegame restorations, the changes (eg cheer / boo), then the Game and Steam reboot in online mode, I have at the latest then again the problem that my savegame is newly created / empty.
The problem affects all Steam users I had created. So I could not use my modified games neither in offline mode nor in online mode :(
A sure sign that my Savegame was destroyed is that the game after the start screen brings the hint "Welcome to 2K19 ...". I have already done the help instructions here about 100 times. But the problem occurs again and again. I would have thought this is a new way to prevent modding, but apparently only I have the problem.

For me the worst thing that can happen. Despite regular backups no chance to bring the game back with mods. Even if I rebuilt the game completely, it could happen again immediately. Modding would be impossible for me.

Does anyone know a solution? A desperate Bam Bam :(

-----------------------All these steps I had done-----------------------

1. Start Steam.
2. Click Steam->Go Offline.
3. Restart Steam in Offline Mode.
4. Exit Steam.
5. Rename or delete your Save game folder.
6. Copy the entire backed up Save game folder to your \Steam\SteamApps\userdata\<YourSteamUserId>\ directory.*
7. Start Steam in Offline Mode again.
8. Start your game.
9. The game should now start with your backed up save (or blank one if you chose to not restore a save game*).
10. Save the game by changing an Attribute or Boo/Cheer of a superstar in the game (in WWE 2k19 and later, you'll want to select "Save All Settings" when prompted). This will mark the save as being newer than your previous one so Steam won't replace it with your old save form the cloud.
11. Exit the game.
12. Start Steam in Online Mode.
13. If Steam Asks you which save to use, choose to upload the local save to the cloud. Wait for the save upload to complete.
14. Start the game in online mode and save it again as described in step 10. just to be sure.

* If you wish to create a new save game because you don't have a backup, want to start from scratch, wish to access a fresh save game or some other reason, simply skip step number 6., in which case the game will create a new save game on the next startup.

Edited by BamBams Universe

Don't know if this will work, but its worth a shot.  Create a new Steam Account under a different name, for instance BAM.  Now give BAM access as a friend to the steam library of BAMBAM.  Once you have permission, grab the save file that works, the one that you want that isn't corrupted, and put it in the save folder for BAM.  See if the game keeps changing it or  telling you to change it.  Hope that works.

• Thanks 1

First of all, thank you for your help. I appreciate it very much.
I'm afraid your suggestion will not help. I already have 3 Steam accounts. The problem I have with all 3 accounts with 3 different save games. :(

Strange is also that is never reported that the savegame is broken. It is simply replaced by an empty one. (with welcome and thank you I have purchased the kickstart message)

Sorry to hear it didn't work.  The only other thing i can think might be the culprit, as weird as it may sound, is the date on the save folder/files.  I had a similar incident where my PC clock was de-synchronized & the date listed on the save file was causing it to be corrupted on load.  I feel your pain man.  Hope someone else chimes in & can get it sorted out. :cheers:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Freon said:

Sorry to hear it didn't work.  The only other thing i can think might be the culprit, as weird as it may sound, is the date on the save folder/files.  I had a similar incident where my PC clock was de-synchronized & the date listed on the save file was causing it to be corrupted on load.  I feel your pain man.  Hope someone else chimes in & can get it sorted out. :cheers:

That might make sense, especially since some countries had the daylight savings time change and others did not, which might mess things up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

That might make sense, especially since some countries had the daylight savings time change and others did not, which might mess things up.

Also since he said the game files are not corrupted, but it keeps giving him the welcome message as if he just purchased it & started it up for the first time, it keeps hinting towards that direction.  Make sure your CMOS battery is not on its last legs.  If you notice the clock on the bottom not holding the time, it might also be the culprit.

@Freon @Cave Waverider

Thanks for your help and tips. I was hoping it might be on the date of the folder but folder time is correct. And the system time is correct. :(
The problem occurred after the last Steam Update. Since then, the Steam surface is new. It has something to do with this Steam Update. I have to test if the game still saves any changes (even if empty start savegame). CAWs etc would not be possible anymore. Basically it could be that the game does not save anymore.  If so, all I can do is contact Steam Support. :( But of those usually come only automatic answers. How to reinstall, new savegame make everything ok. Nothing that could save my game. My motivation is currently really at the end.

@Warhawk8492 So far only I seem to have this problem. As long as others do not report the same error, your CAW show should not be a problem.

Odd. No problems with saves for me, but I don't use multiple Steam accounts. Perhaps you could try disabling cloud saves for each account before you restore your save games and see if that helps.

Also, you might want to try to run chkdsk for the drive with your save games, in case the problems are due to drive degredation.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

At this point again my sincere thanks for your solution approaches.

I was pretty desperate and my hobby was no longer feasible. The Steam and 2K support did not help. (the steam support was really bad!!!)

But I have been able to locate and fix the problem. Maybe someday somebody has the same problem, so I want to explain briefly what I did.

As written Steam had carried out an update and the savegames of all 3 accounts (on different HDDs) were destroyed. It only affected 2K19. This game was the only one where I used the three accounts. I had indicated in Steam where the path to the respective account is deposited. After the update but the other account has destroyed the savegames of the other.

Solution: I have now separately installed Steam 3 times on different hard drives. Each Steam has only one account. For this you only have to copy the userdata folder (including memory file), the Steam Apps folder and the Steam.exe to the other hard disk. There you start the Steam.exe. The program reinstalls itself. Then you have to define the path to the HDD in the Steam Settings. If necessary, you should still override savegames and game files (folder: Steamapps) with your backups. This helped me! I hope it was understandable and helps others in the same situation.

• Like 4