Arena Information, Asset IDs, and bunch of other stuff

hovathagod32

Ok here is the start of the 2K20 sheet for assets and arenas. I'm missing a few... I'll get to those soon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18gkvo9xDGEboAGtF_bc9iPDxAjpohVAU_wrN2fAJbak/edit?usp=sharing

Not really able to mod the game yet, but I can mention what I've seen so far. There are no more YOBJs. Characters and arena's OBJ files are now contained in one .MDL file. So all the objects within an arena are now combined into one. So going forward there would probably need to be a script that splits everything and allow for it to be joined back afterwards. Texture files are now different as well. They're not .DDS. They are compressed as .TEX. I've been looking at a few of these lately and for the most part they are the same. I noticed yesterday that a lot of the menu/font textures are not .DDS at all. They're .TGA compressed in .TEX. Makes it a bit more difficult to extract because I don't know where the offsets begin and end, compared to last year when I made mention of font swapping in the older thread. 

A lot of files that existed in previous games are different. I am not sure if that's good or not though. Assets are no longer numbered. They just have the files within their particular "folder". I am not sure how they're assigned yet, but I'm really hoping that you can just add whatever you like and assign it. That's all I got so far. I'll be updating as I go. I think for arena modding.. You definitely want to keep your 3ds max files together if you plan on porting 2K16-19 things. 

• Like 5
  • Yes! 1