Ported entrance, victory motions and move animations from 2k20 and previous games. Ported entrances update added. 13th December

BlindedByTheGrace

Did you remove the Poison Mist and Power of the Punch paybacks in one of the updates? I saw it in your Hacked Moves part 3 video but their not on my list in the moveset editor. 

• Like 1

Hello, thanks for this mod, I had it working fine but had to do reinstall of my game due to messing up another mod,  after I reinstalled I see the animations but they are listed with a number followed by "Empty String to be filled"

any ways to resolve this?, thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yukes>VConcepts said:

Is it possible to port the moves to WWE 2K17? More recent games crash when starting them up :(

Hi,

No its not possible. The file structure for the moves data is different to 2k19. Not the data itself but the files which are used in both games to store the moves.

14 minutes ago, UnleashedFX said:

Hello, thanks for this mod, I had it working fine but had to do reinstall of my game due to messing up another mod,  after I reinstalled I see the animations but they are listed with a number followed by "Empty String to be filled"

any ways to resolve this?, thanks

Hi, You need to ensure you have placed the string_win.pac file in the mods/superstring folder from the pack into your 2k19\mods\superstring\pac\string\win folder .

1 hour ago, The_Sherminator2 said:

Did you remove the Poison Mist and Power of the Punch paybacks in one of the updates? I saw it in your Hacked Moves part 3 video but their not on my list in the moveset editor. 

Hi, 

I removed them as they were glitching in the game at the time. It want actually the payback , but the original move from 2k18 which was replaced with a different animation files in 2k19 as  paybacks.

27 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

No its not possible. The file structure for the moves data is different to 2k19. Not the data itself but the files which are used in both games to store the moves.

Hi, You need to ensure you have placed the string_win.pac file in the mods/superstring folder from the pack into your 2k19\mods\superstring\pac\string\win folder .

Hi, 

I removed them as they were glitching in the game at the time. It want actually the payback , but the original move from 2k18 which was replaced with a different animation files in 2k19 as  paybacks.

Hi, thank you very much for your response. I have another question: is there any editor which makes extracting the anims from those files possible? Also, is it possible to convert WWE 2K18 moves to 2K17? Is there any way to make new moves from 2K18 or 19 work in 17?

Edit: I tried replacing WWE 2K17 files with files from this mod, game started but crashed when I tried to edit the moveset.

Edited by Yukes>VConcepts

Hi, 

No everything is done manually. The main issue is the file structure used for moves in 2k15-17 will not make Back porting moves from 2k19 and 2k18 work as both 18 and 18 employ the separate param and mpc file formats you find in the move packs. 2k17 doesn’t use that format. 

Copying the animations to the game isn’t that difficult, but the other files which the moves require to work in gameplay can’t be copied over . Sound also can’t be copied over . 

12 minutes ago, Yukes>VConcepts said:

Hi, thank you very much for your response. I have another question: is there any editor which makes extracting the anims from those files possible? Also, is it possible to convert WWE 2K18 moves to 2K17? Is there any way to make new moves from 2K18 or 19 work in 17?

2 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, 

No everything is done manually. The main issue is the file structure used for moves in 2k15-17 will not make Back porting moves from 2k19 and 2k18 work as both 18 and 18 employ the separate param and mpc file formats you find in the move packs. 2k17 doesn’t use that format. 

Copying the animations to the game isn’t that difficult, but the other files which the moves require to work in gameplay can’t be copied over . Sound also can’t be copied over . 

Thank you again, man. Are there any mods that add hacked moves to wwe 2K17?

18 minutes ago, UnleashedFX said:

Thanks for the reply, I did place the string file into the correct location but having no luck

https://imgur.com/a/2smjdMy 

this is where I put the file

If you have Installed the superstring file though CCT, a mods folder is created in the main 2k19 folder. This is where you need to place the file. Look the the file path I posted in the previous message. 2k19/mods/superstring/pac/string/win

1 minute ago, Yukes>VConcepts said:

Thank you again, man. Are there any mods that add hacked moves to wwe 2K17?

None at all. I tried a few at the time but I could only place moves from 2k15 and 16 in as al three games have the same file structure. Even then, impact sound could not be ported over .

12 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

the other files which the moves require to work in gameplay can’t be copied over

And if I replace anims that have similar length and body part that is being damaged will it break too? I'm new to WWE 2K modding, the only 2 mods that I could make work is song replacing and logo replacing as a workaround for custom logos, and am trying to find a way to update the game to more recent ones

They will glitch in gameplay as no two animations have the same motion data files which the game engine needs to make the animations work. Secondly backported move animations are most likely to crash as the developers included additional data in the motions which the older games can’t read properly .
To get the moves working the way they should, you’re going to have to find a way to get 2k19 working on your PC. I just don’t think 2k17 with ported moves is worth the hassle. 

9 minutes ago, Yukes>VConcepts said:

And if I replace anims that have similar length and body part that is being damaged will it break too?

6 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

To get the moves working the way they should, you’re going to have to find a way to get 2k19 working on your PC.

Is it compatible with 64x Win 7?

3 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

2k19 is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks. Do you know any reasons why it could crash when I start it up? I tried to start it in Win7 compatibility mode and in administrator mode (or how the heck it's called in English). It just shows the game's logo and then crashes saying "WWE_2K19.exe has stopped working"

8 minutes ago, Yukes>VConcepts said:

Thanks. Do you know any reasons why it could crash when I start it up? I tried to start it in Win7 compatibility mode and in administrator mode (or how the heck it's called in English). It just shows the game's logo and then crashes saying "WWE_2K19.exe has stopped working"

Do you have the last update for Windows 7 (x64). It can also be caused by the version of the graphics card driver you are using. If its an AMD gfx card, you might experience issues with the latest version. You will need to search for previous versions of the driver.  But as win 7 isn't being supported, there are likely to be unanswered questions especially concerning a game released with Windows 10. 

7 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Do you have the last update for Windows 7 (x64). It can also be caused by the version of the graphics card driver you are using. If its an AMD gfx card, you might experience issues with the latest version. You will need to search for previous versions of the driver.  But as win 7 isn't being supported, there are likely to be unanswered questions especially concerning a game released with Windows 10. 

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M and have the latest version of drivers available for Win7, also the latest version of Win 7 professional, now downloading some minor updates available. Also, I am thinking of upgrading to Win10. Is it worth it?

1 minute ago, Yukes>VConcepts said:

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M and have the latest version of drivers available for Win7, also the latest version of Win 7 professional, now downloading some minor updates available

That card will struggle to handle WWE 2k19 though. I thought you were using a desktop PC.

1 minute ago, squaredcirclefan said:

That card will struggle to handle WWE 2k19 though. I thought you were using a desktop PC.

I know, but somehow it runs WWE 2K17 30-40 FPS and minimal sys requirements are the same for 17 and 19. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yukes>VConcepts said:

I know, but somehow it runs WWE 2K17 30-40 FPS and minimal sys requirements are the same for 17 and 19. 

I don't think they are though? According to PCGameBenchmark the minimum for 2K17 is AMD Radeon HD 7770 and 2K19 is an AMD Radeon HD 7850. 18/19 has a more powerful graphics engine compared to 17.  

I'm running 2K19 on an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 16 GB RAM and I still get a couple of minor performance issues on the main menu and moveset editor from time to time.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Sherminator2 said:

I don't think they are though? According to PCGameBenchmark the minimum for 2K17 is AMD Radeon HD 7770 and 2K19 is an AMD Radeon HD 7850. 18/19 has a more powerful graphics engine compared to 17.  

I'm running 2K19 on an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 16 GB RAM and I still get a couple of minor performance issues on the main menu and moveset editor from time to time.  

Yeah, I've forked up. For 2k17 it's geforce gtx 660 and for 2k19 its 670. However, I'm used to very low fps in WWE series, played at average 15-20 fps for about 2 months, so even if fps will be that bad this will do. Also, do you know any ways to boost fps in wwe games?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yukes>VConcepts said:

Yeah, I've forked up. For 2k17 it's geforce gtx 660 and for 2k19 its 670. However, I'm used to very low fps in WWE series, played at average 15-20 fps for about 2 months, so even if fps will be that bad this will do. Also, do you know any ways to boost fps in wwe games?

If u want to boost game fps, just reduce ur game resolution to 1280* 720. (720p) rather than 1980*1020 (1020p). Also turn off shadow and turn off motion blurr as well.

Edited by reezy
  • Like 1

So I've been thinking, since there's a limit to how many moves you can add in before it can't load other moves, maybe you should get rid of duplicate moves in the move pack... Like off the top of my head, why add in 2k20's Storm Zero, when the Tiger bomb (Tyler Driver?) is essentially the same thing.

I'm pretty sure doing that would clear up some space.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_Sherminator2 said:

i am also with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and have some figures poping on my screen

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SLSBaconBits said:

So I've been thinking, since there's a limit to how many moves you can add in before it can't load other moves, maybe you should get rid of duplicate moves in the move pack... Like off the top of my head, why add in 2k20's Storm Zero, when the Tiger bomb (Tyler Driver?) is essentially the same thing.

Hi,

I get what you mean with some of the moves. But on close examination, the Storm Zero and Tyler Driver are slightly different motions. Same as the Spirit Bomb and the sit-out last Ride Powerbomb. I initially thought they were the same motion. Like Jackhammer 1 and 2 etc. 

Some moves in the game are captured the way the character does it with certain theatrics. Secondly every user has different preferences to which move animations they want in their game so its not as straightforward to remove a ported moves from the list.

One thing I might do is to remove about 50-60 of the ported moves from the older games and list them out . The animations are not removed, its just they wouldn't be listed for selection in the game. They can then be assigned in data editor.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SLSBaconBits said:

I, for one, appreciate having the actual Storm Zero in the game.

• Like 1