Ported entrance, victory motions and move animations from 2k20 and previous games. Ported entrances update added. 13th December

BlindedByTheGrace

53 minutes ago, SLSBaconBits said:

If I could be a sob and make some more recommendations...

avalanche poison rana
cartwheel dropkick
flying knee
knee stretch & elbow drop
surfboard stretch & gouging
tornado enzuigiri 2

... and if you could make a non-OMG version of the tree of woe coast-to-coast, that'd be sick too.

Hi,

Thaanks for the suggestions. The moves you have listed are mostly strike and running strike moves which have issues presently when ported.

At the moment a lot of the strike moves or running strike moves are not working properly when ported due to some data strike moves contain called homing parameters, which enable the punch or kick connect with the opponent, being formatted differently in 2k20. 

This is the reason I've only been able to port o er a few strike moves.

Moves on the ropes are an issue too as the new 2k20 move animation files don't include the rope collision data. When ported to 19, they glitch on the ropes as the game can't find the data for the rope collision and animation.

I had attempted the avalanche poison rana but I  haven't been able to get any sound for the move.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bis1994 said:

Hey Squaredciclefan! First of all, congrats, these ports are amazing and I'm pretty sure that they reignited the hopes of having a updated game for everyone that downloaded it. Also, I would like to give some suggestions about them. 
First on your Strings file, there's a missing entry (if I'm not mistaken), that would be "5845  ----> EVA MARIE", I noticed that every time I install any update of your mod, Eva mod name changes to "5845 -EMPTY STRING TO BE FILLED". Also if possible, could you add  "EVE TORRES" to 6370, and @EVETORRESGARCIE to 6371 (or in any other entry).
On the 2K20 ported entrances, I noticed some bugs, Ember's entrance shows the tongue but the mouth is closed (the thongue just glitches throug the mouth in some wrestlers). Also happened once in Molly's entrance, the face of the superstar was all strenched forward (like a woodpecker lol) and it persists if you try to preview any other ported entance, but if you press the preview button in a entrance from the game (not modded), it turns back to the normal. This happened only in Create a Entrance, and only once, and in a modded character (so I'm not sure if this was causing it). 
Also another suggestion, you could maybe make a pack with old 2K entrances compiled, like Finn 2K17, Layla, Aj Lee, CM Punk, Alexa Bliss 2K17, Summer Rae 2K17, and some other that aren't in 2K19, I'm pretty sure that most of them are all converted, that maybe would need only to be added to menu and it would avoid conflicting with your ports.
And of course, these are just suggestions, just ignore it if you didn't like, and a big thanks for all of these releases.

Hi,

I will add the string names to the file. I never edited these in the first place so it probably was not added in when the string file was initially modded.

1. The big issue with 2k20 ported entrances is the 2k19 game engine can't read the facial animation data in the entrances. There is actually no facial animation in any of the entrances. Any animation you see is just an improvisation.

I have had to replace the facial animation data for all the ported 2k20 entrances with data from 2k19 . Some work quite well, some are inaccurate. Those glitches you see I just left as if I cut out some the data, there will be no animation. Same with Molly Holly's entrance. I noticed what you said so I'm going to remove the facial animation data I added as it obviously doesn't work with that entrance.

Due to a slightly different facial animation data structure for female models in the game, their mouths don't open. This is with a 2k19 character. A fully ported 2k20 character will have the mouth animation working properly. You will notice with Nikki Cross the yelling doesn't work.

At this point though, I'm pretty much done with ported 2k20 entrances so apart from minor fixes, that's probably the lot I'll be porting over.

With adding entrances from previous games, I try to avoid duplication especially if someone had already ported over the entrance previously and placed it on 2KModz., or shared it on the forum or if @AznBlusuazn had ported it for 2k19 on his thread.

What I will do is probably place the entrances he had ported over and few others from other games in a pack on a different thread and add their string names so it's easly accessible by modders and selectable in the game. It wouldn't include a string file as the names are already in the string.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JonasSlasher said:

hey man is it possible for you to port over charlotte's new natural selection 2K20 from the DLC? :)

thanks for all your work man

Hi,

We can't access the DLC files to extract any data at present due to the encryption. Wasteland Wanderers, Southpaw Wrestling and Empire of tomorrow.

• Like 1

First of all, thank you for all your Fantastic work.

I saw your work a few days ago, bought 2k19 from STEAM and started again.

Of course, I gave up 2K20.

If you have time for that, could you please port Mixed Tag Entrances from 2K20?

Or explain how.

I think that is the biggest, and only advantage of 2K20.

I've tried it alone, but I'm not getting any results due to lack of data and knowledge.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, musclebuster said:

First of all, thank you for all your Fantastic work.

I saw your work a few days ago, bought 2k19 from STEAM and started again.

Of course, I gave up 2K20.

If you have time for that, could you please port Mixed Tag Entrances from 2K20?

Or explain how.

I think that is the biggest, and only advantage of 2K20.

I've tried it alone, but I'm not getting any results due to lack of data and knowledge.

Hi,

Glad you appreciate the ported motions.

As regarding 2k20 entrances , I'm afraid I'm pretty much done with porting those for now. Maybe at some point in time in future  I might be motivated again to port a few more. 

A 2k20 entrance porting tutorial  from scratch will be too lengthy. If I need to put up a guide , I will have to assume the reader knows how to decompress 2k19 entrance pac files, can do a bit of hex editing and can compare the data structure in the 2k20 and 2k19 entrance files. 

Understnading the data structure for 2k19 entrance files is key as porting a 2k20 entrance isn't just copying the files over. Like porting entrances from older games.The data in the files have to be rearranged in a 2k19 entrance file as they aren't pac files and the data in them is flipped in reverse order.

if you are willing to go ahead, send me a PM and I'll let you know the first steps you need to take.

• Like 1

Truly great work you have done for this game, with 2k20 being what it is..this have really helped keep 19 fresh, i was wondering if you have tried to port over Rondas  new Cross Armbreakers? They are so much better in my opinion than the 19 ones

52 minutes ago, Dennisolsen2006 said:

Truly great work you have done for this game, with 2k20 being what it is..this have really helped keep 19 fresh, i was wondering if you have tried to port over Rondas  new Cross Armbreakers? They are so much better in my opinion than the 19 ones

Hi, I had tried previously, but there are minor glitches like the arm not being grappled properly due to 2k19 not reading data for the hand and finger motions from the file.

6 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

Glad you appreciate the ported motions.

As regarding 2k20 entrances , I'm afraid I'm pretty much done with porting those for now. Maybe at some point in time in future  I might be motivated again to port a few more. 

A 2k20 entrance porting tutorial  from scratch will be too lengthy. If I need to put up a guide , I will have to assume the reader knows how to decompress 2k19 entrance pac files, can do a bit of hex editing and can compare the data structure in the 2k20 and 2k19 entrance files. 

Understnading the data structure for 2k19 entrance files is key as porting a 2k20 entrance isn't just copying the files over. Like porting entrances from older games.The data in the files have to be rearranged in a 2k19 entrance file as they aren't pac files and the data in them is flipped in reverse order.

if you are willing to go ahead, send me a PM and I'll let you know the first steps you need to take.

I have never learned programming, and my native language is not English.
Maybe that's why my head is already starting to hurt.

I will be happy to wait for your new work.

hi @squaredcirclefan after the latest movehacks update or may be prior to this update i have noticed many taunts have been removed in selection of the Create a movesets for example jbl taunts any many other taunts plus i have noticed royal rumble finisher sometimes dont work like clothesline finisher also john cena RR AA 2k15 doesnt seems to work either 

5 hours ago, Junaid Ahmed said:

hi @squaredcirclefan after the latest movehacks update or may be prior to this update i have noticed many taunts have been removed in selection of the Create a movesets for example jbl taunts any many other taunts plus i have noticed royal rumble finisher sometimes dont work like clothesline finisher also john cena RR AA 2k15 doesnt seems to work either 

Hi,

Regarding the Royal Rumble moves, can you try installing the move packs again as they are working in my game with no issues.

Regarding the taunts, they are not removed from the createmode list. they are not just showing up in the list.

This is something I've noticed before the last update and from tests ive performed, it seems , there is a limit to the number of moves which can be listed in the create entrance menu at once. With the numerous ported move animations from 2k19 and 20, It seems that limit has been reached. 

Due to the ID's used for the taunts, some of them are now not being listed. They are not removed from the moveset of the superstars they are assigned to, but if you want to assign a particular superstars taunt to another character, it wouldn't be listed.

With this issue , I can't add any other moves to the createmode list going forward as it means one other taunt doesn't show up.

Maybe its the reason the developers place the DLC moves in a separate listing or they have to take out some moves from the game's move list to add others .

Looking at it now, If we could access the DLC moves and I ported over more moves from those files, it will mean some other taunts don't show up.

I'm currently considering a few  options.

1. Remove a lot of the ported move animations from the list and place the Data Editor list so they will have to be added to the moveset with that tool.

2. Place an un unmodified copy of the createmode.pac file in the moves pack which will have to be swapped with the modded one if one of the taunts not listed  need to be assigned to a character. I will then rearrange the taunts list in the file and list out those which wouldn't show up on this thread.

3. Remove some of the ported moves from the listing. To ensure things are stable, I will probably need to remove close to 100 moves out of the 353 ported and hidden moves and taunts added to the list since 2k19 was released . I'm not sure this will work as it will de difficult to select which moves to remove as each user has a different preference.

None of the options are really favourable and my intention was never to replace any moves or prevent some taunts from being listed but it seems there is no way around it. I will have to adopt one of the options in future.

This is the main reason I had stated in a previous post I will not be adding more moves for a while as I had noticed this issue.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Can you try the entrance without any trons ?

Oh yeah, there was a problem with the trons. I used other trons for her and now it works!. Thx

• Like 1

hi @squaredcirclefan it is the royal rumble rope finisher that i am having issue with i reinstalled the movepacks but still having the same issue if i give someone clothesline or john cena aa 2k15 as rope finisher none of his royal rumble finisher will work including apron finisher if i replace clothesline or aa  with some other finisher it start working again its weird 🙄

13 hours ago, Junaid Ahmed said:

hi @squaredcirclefan it is the royal rumble rope finisher that i am having issue with i reinstalled the movepacks but still having the same issue if i give someone clothesline or john cena aa 2k15 as rope finisher none of his royal rumble finisher will work including apron finisher if i replace clothesline or aa  with some other finisher it start working again its weird 🙄

Hi,

The issue has been rectified. The data byte which the game reads in the AA move listing  to trigger the finisher icon for Apron eliminations was the wrong one.

The clothesline finisher will work now. Its only triggered when running. I will amend the createmode file and reupload the pack later today.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

The issue has been rectified. The data byte which the game reads in the AA move listing  to trigger the finisher icon for Apron eliminations was the wrong one.

The clothesline finisher will work now. Its only triggered when running. I will amend the createmode file and reupload the pack later today.

thank you so much @squaredcirclefan You made this game so much fun that people still connected to this game after one and a half year  😊

• Like 2

hi,

i've installed all the necessary files for the ported entrances. They got into the game but they don't have the correct names (only numbers shown).

is there any way to fix this?

Just now, vigymuh said:

hi,

i've installed all the necessary files for the ported entrances. They got into the game but they don't have the correct names (only numbers shown).

is there any way to fix this?

Hi,

Did you ensure you have copied the string_win.pac file to the 2k19\mods\superstring\string\win\pac folder ?

Also confirm you have copied the cae_item_p20.pac file in the pack to the 2k19\pac\menu folder.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 12:49 PM, Junaid Ahmed said:

thank you so much @squaredcirclefan You made this game so much fun that people still connected to this game after one and a half year  😊

Hi,

Ive updated the pack with the amendment for the Attitude Adjustment (2k15) issue.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

9 hours ago, Rajprit said:

Keep up the great work!

Are we going to get another move pack?

Hi, 

Not anytime soon I'm afraid. Ive encountered an issue where I can't add other moves to the listing without some taunts missing from the list. I think I've pretty much reached the limit which the game will load into memory since the pack contains moves and taunts from other games as well as those I ported from 2k20. 

7 hours ago, FKR said:

Haven't played the game for some weeks . Today I noticed you did my commentary fix request . Drew using rocket kick 2 is now cole comments as claymore . I was soo shockingly happy . Never thanked for that . Thank you very much . I guess it was in update 14 but you never mentioned it  . Thank you very much .💙💙💙 Best modder and guide 💙

Well I use Last Shot 2 as running finisher for drew, looks more realistic for me (as compared to rocket kick 2)

• Like 1