Not All Mods Showing Up In Universe Mode

denbigh7

I've been installing many of the incredible mods on the site here, using CCT to do so. Learned a lot over the past couple of years, both from trying to do my own research and also from the helpful community. 

I learned quite a while back that in order to use mods in Universe Mode, you have to install them into each slot (universe 1, 2 and 3) using CCT. My problem has been that even while using that method, they aren't all showing up in any of my Universes. Is there a reason for this? My install method is to install them into the "superstar" slot, and then each universe slot. Is that incorrect? They are all playable in Play Now mode, but only a few show up in my Universe. 

If anyone has some insight as to why they may not be working, I'd be grateful. 

Think of it like when you complete a castle in a RPG game. You beat it, it's in memory, but until you stay at the INN it isn't really saved yet.

So OPEN your game and have it on the main menu in windowed mode and do this. 

PmeHzrY.png

In CCT, press ctrl f to search at bottom and pick the slot ID of the mod, makes it easier.

Have Superstars selected on the left, right click on mod (Roddy Piper) and export the moveset and pofo to the desktop.

Then Select Universe 1 on the left, right click on mod (Roddy Piper) and import the moveset and pofo from the desktop.

Go into your game, edit any wrestler, change from heel to face or anything, save all settings, for all universes.

To make sure it all works I repeat the same process for all 3 universes, import, save someone.

Edited by JManny
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JManny said:

Think of it like when you complete a castle in a RPG game. You beat it, it's in memory, but until you stay at the INN it isn't really saved yet.

So OPEN your game and have it on the main menu in windowed mode and do this. 

PmeHzrY.png

In CCT, press ctrl f to search at bottom and pick the slot ID of the mod, makes it easier.

Have Superstars selected on the left, right click on mod (Roddy Piper) and export the moveset and pofo to the desktop.

Then Select Universe 1 on the left, right click on mod (Roddy Piper) and import the moveset and pofo from the desktop.

Go into your game, edit any wrestler, change from heel to face or anything, save all settings, for all universes.

To make sure it all works I repeat the same process for all 3 universes, import, save someone.

JManny - thanks so much for getting back to me and for the detailed response. So, I've actually been doing it exactly as you mentioned...installing into each universe, changing heel/face status on someone, saving each time....been very intentional to do that each time. The only step I'm missing that you mentioned is the exporting of the moveset/pofo and reinstalling of the same. Would you do that for each mod you are installing, even if you are installing over someone? (example: installing King Kong Bundy over Rhyno). Is that step of exporting/importing doing something in particular? And I'm guessing that even after I do that, I could still get into the Data Editor and change the moveset/pofo to my liking, correct?

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

Also be careful not to inject anything into a Universe Save that doesn't exist in your game. It could overwrite other data.

Cave Waverider - thanks for the help man. So, when I started installing mods, I think I started installing them into each Universe even though I didn't have 3 Universe saves. When you say it could overwrite other data..do you mean Universe data? Or other things in the game? Hoping I haven't screwed up other stuff. 

JManny - I just re-read what you said. Man, I'm an idiot. I misunderstood what you were saying - thought you were saying to extract from the moveset/pofo from the wrestler I was trying to write over. My fault. Long day.

So, I've actually been doing it according to your directions for the past 10 or 15 mods I've installed over the last month. Have them in play now, but not universe.

I'm going to retry and install another mod, see if it works, maybe just try installing to one universe. Thanks again.

@denbigh7 Sorry I was tired when I replied.

The only reason I export clean copies of moveset and pofo is to make sure any entrance or move changes I made in game are copied, to make sure I'm re-importing the most up to date version to the universes. I already edited names in data editor. You can use whatever pofo/movesets you want.

Let me know if it works, if not I can test one on teamspeak. There's always some silly step that gets fucky.

If you did inject mods into a universe that wasn't made yet, erase those universes and remake new ones. Then reinstall the mods into the new universe slots.

Edited by JManny

JManny - I tried your method and it worked! So, whenever I would previously install mods, I would use CCT to install the ch files, then open the game, and then use Data Editor to create a pofo and moveset. Then, I would use Data Editor to install those into each slot (superstar, universe 1,2,3). It would always install them into play now mode, but only sometimes would it put them in universe mode. 

I tried your recommended method of creating a pofo/moveset first (in Data Editor), putting them on my desktop, opening the game and installing them directly into CCT using the import feature. Worked like a charm. It even held the imported render for that character in every screen, which hasn't always been the case for me with installed mods/renders. Thanks again! Looks like I may need to reinstall a bunch of mods, but it's worth it to have them in universe. 

• Woo 1

• 2 years later...

I install the mods with cct and they didn t show in wwe2k19 , i reinstall the game two times and it s still the same , i deleted the saves and it s the same, did someone new what can i do ?

Please!