Sound Editor

jamesmichaels

I tried out sound editor from 2k19 on 2k20 and it seems to work fine. The only issue I found is that the theme was lower in create an entrance. Should be able to adjust the volume using the tool or another tool. I subbed in Evil Ways (AJ Style's old TNA theme) for Hardcore and it worked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jamesmichaels said:

Yep! I haven't tried to patch the main menu music though. I figure it may be like last year in that there needs to be a patch for that. 

Thank you for your feedback. Maybe I will release a new version for 2K20. Without major changes, just a new version number so that new people could better find the tool. The data.xml file should not work anymore, as they usually adjust the sound ids with each release. That would mean that all sounds in the archives are no longer labeled. Maybe someone would like to update it? The patch for the menu music shouldn't work and would have to be adapted. Since I will not buy 2k20 for the time being, however, I can not do much there.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Yes! 1

11 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Thanks for your feedback. Maybe I will release a new version for 2K20. Without major changes, just a new version number. The data.xml file should not work anymore, as they usually adjust the sound ids with each release. That would mean that all sounds in the archives are no longer labeled. Maybe someone would like to update it? The patch for the menu music shouldn't work and would have to be adapted.

I suspect it works for me just because they didn't change the id's of a lot of the generic themes. But it also seems to link to a lot of the same guys from last year. It's just missing the new additions from the game so that will probably take some searching to find. I guess some guys didn't change slots this year and the themes are just located in the same spots. 

56 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Thank you for your feedback. Maybe I will release a new version for 2K20. Without major changes, just a new version number so that new people could better find the tool. The data.xml file should not work anymore, as they usually adjust the sound ids with each release. That would mean that all sounds in the archives are no longer labeled. Maybe someone would like to update it? The patch for the menu music shouldn't work and would have to be adapted. Since I will not buy 2k20 for the time being, however, I can not do much there.

i can help anyway i can i did send you pm when you get chance

Hi guys, I'm completely new to this, I've always played on PS4. How do I mod in themes? Or wrestlers? I've done some modding before (i.e. Mass Effect), but I don't know if it's similiar to WWE Games haha. Probably not.

• Yes! 1

28 minutes ago, mangoman said:

Hi guys, I'm completely new to this, I've always played on PS4. How do I mod in themes? Or wrestlers? I've done some modding before (i.e. Mass Effect), but I don't know if it's similiar to WWE Games haha. Probably not.

Right now, it isn't looking like we will have modded characters in 2k20. They have archived the file system and no one has figured out how to bypass the archive. They've "baked" the files together so chances are, editing it in any way will most likely result in a crashed game. Some modders may find a way around it but it isn't looking good. I think most we will get this year is modded themes, videos and maybe a bigger CAW community on PC. 

• What? 1

13 hours ago, jamesmichaels said:

Right now, it isn't looking like we will have modded characters in 2k20. They have archived the file system and no one has figured out how to bypass the archive. They've "baked" the files together so chances are, editing it in any way will most likely result in a crashed game. Some modders may find a way around it but it isn't looking good. I think most we will get this year is modded themes, videos and maybe a bigger CAW community on PC. 

They've had one day! Give them a chance mate!

• Yes! 1

Please show me how to change the theme songs in WWE 2k20 Pc, is it true you can use the Sound Editor from 2k19 to change 2k20? please let me know how to do it please. 😊

• What? 1

• 8 months later...

Hey Everyone! I used the sound editor to go in and import my own song into the game. When i have sound editor opened i can play the song no problem, but then i close the application and open the game and the song wont play. Can someone tell me how to fix this??

• 2 months later...

hi, how are you? i have both wwe 2k19 and 2k20 for ps4. and im trying to download sound editor onto a laptop to try and get custom theme songs. ive made a early 90's roster for both WWF and WCW days as well as an original ECW roster. i have both games saved to an external hard drive. does sound editor work for ps4 or is it just for PC? Also, the one attempt i had at downloading it, it tells me the file is too big to virus scan. i clicked download anyway and it seems not to do anything. any advice would be great. thank you for your time.