Who all's getting WWE 2k20?

XfallofparadiseX

I'm not. Sticking with 2K19 for another year.

Not really big on the changes made this year. They removed plenty legends that I love, the presentation is unappealing, and they have way too many goofy ass gimmicks. On top of that the gameplay looks like a step down.

2K19 has by far the best Universe mode I've had since 2K14's and the CAW selection is so great that I can easily get another year with no problem.

• Like 6

And also If they didn't know how to use the system, they shouldn't have touched the gameplay. I mean how in the hell do you get worse in that aspect? No matter what else you do, if the CORE of the game is shit, there's absolutely nothing I could give it credit for.

I'm not even sure if they're gonna be able to patch in CAC. During denkers interview, Lynell Jinks sounded like they had no idea how use Yukes' engine at all. Nba 2k lied about a lot of things making it in to the game after launch this year. It definitely wouldn't surprise me if this game did too.

• Like 2

No intention of getting 2K20. Only interested in the DLC, Molly and maybe a few entrance motions. I'm sticking with 2k19 and I'm glad so many of you are too. Another year on the same game might do the community good. A lot of progress was made this year and a lot of things were figured out. More time could be put into exploring and figuring out other aspects of this game rather than waste time decrypting and porting a bunch of stuff to the new one. 

2k20 not being great might work out for the greater good

Edited by kevan1700
  • Like 7
  • Yes! 3

2k20 will be a hard pass for me. Shoot, I’m still installing mods into 2k19 and having a blast with it. I figure the shelf life of last year’s game has at least another year in it, and there’s not much appeal at all in 2k20 for me, aside from Hogan.

In regards to the stellar modding community here and some of you HOF modders, I don’t blame you at all for passing on this year’s version. I’d gladly continue donating towards your hard work on 2k19 than to give 2k my money for a poorly repackaged game.

• Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 1

Take it from me, I have been playing 2K20 all day on the PS4, and it is not good news I am afraid. I'll be kind and just say it is a step down from last years game. I am not sure whether even the modders can save this years title.

They did a damn good job with last years game and that was a whole lot better in it's vanilla state than this years release. I am hoping they can do something with it. But in all honesty 2K should have waited and released this next year. Give the game a year off, get developers in that actually care about wrestling and go for a late 2020 maybe even early 2021 release and give us a game we can all be excited and proud about.

This is only my opinion of course so make of it what you will

Yes well back to my modded 2K19 it is for me....................for now.

Take care guys and kind regards. 

Edit: Oh and just to add I agree with @denbigh7, if the modders pass on this years................erm release I will completely understand. Likewise I am still adding mods into 2K19 and having a lot of fun with it.

Edited by Goon3r73
  • Like 2

I tried 2K20 for a few hours and the controls are just terrible! I have no issues with the graphics so far aside from a few glitches but at the end of the day, I'd still prefer 2K19 because I already have most of the superstars that I need in the game. There are just a lot of excluded superstars on 2K20 which makes the game so outdated. I hope the amazing modders who'll skip 2K20 will still work on 2K19 mods so that we all can still enjoy it, and we are always grateful for all your hard work guys. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Well, if the modders decide to skip this game, then so will I.  No point buying it if I can't port in the 2K15 Hogans, 2K16 DLC Miss Elizabeth, Harlem Heat, etc.  I'll wait and see.  But I'm never going back to 2K19, so I guess I'll just go without a wrestling game for a while.

Edited by WarGreymon77

• 2 weeks later...

nope not me,last year was the first i bought wwe 2k series and seems like modders had less ability to do mods and was limited than they had in other years so i was kinda disappointed buy from the looks of things this game is going to be worse

• What? 1

I have just refunded the game off of Steam, so no 2K20 for me. It's a shame, however, if the clowns.....sorry I mean Devs get their asses into gear and sort it out, plus if the modders can do the impossible and basically recreate the entire game like they did last year pretty much, then I may think about buying it again in a Steam sale or something.

But for now it's a no goer I am afraid. I have kept it on PS4 for now purely because there is more in the line of CAWS in the CC there. Plus Hulk Hogan and The Fiend are pretty damn good. I have also found the fantasy side of things with The Wyatt Swamp and all quite engaging tbh, and that's coming from someone whom likes realism purely.

Anyway that is just my opinion. Take care all and have a good weekend whatever you are up to.

• Like 1