Who all's getting WWE 2k20?

XfallofparadiseX

This one has been a difficult call for me but after 22 years of purchasing almost every wrestling game(including the Japanese imports) on release day, I'm still gonna go ahead and get 2k20. I usually get the PC and PS4 versions of the 2K wrestling games but this year, I'm only getting the PC version. I've gotta go this route to get my old timey rasslers back in after 2k removes more and more, year after year! 

Well, anyone else still on board and getting 2k20?

• Like 1

Not on release, but I'll have it at some point. I think I'll get it on black friday. Just a little disappointed, although by the marketing I should have known this was coming. I know visual concepts has done some exceptional stuff when it comes to the first game on newer consoles, especially with nba 2k14, so I'm really hoping that 2k21 will be a good game.

I have it on pre order for PC, and was even thinking about getting it for PS4... However, I get the distinct feeling that it is going to be a step backwards from last years game owing to Yuke's pulling out. No disrespect mean't toward Visual Concepts as they have had next to no time at all to try and get a product into a releasable format.

It would probably have been a better idea to have delayed the release of this or even not bother this year and come back strong with 2K21. I kind of regret jumping in now and pre ordering. Hulk Hogan back in the game was a big selling point for me. Hopefully the mods for this years game will save it like they did with 2K19.

I reserve judgement at the moment until after release, so I will give it a chance and see.

• Too Sweet 1

I pre-ordered my copy of 2K20 via Steam on 8/6, and I'm looking forward for it, even though there were a few things that deterred me. Rest assured though, it won't stop me from getting it. Sure, this may be the second 2K title that I've ever bought (2K19 was the first) for the PC, but I still find it quite enjoyable. Considering that the last wrestling game I played before I grabbed 2K19 was SvR 2011 on the PS2 (yes, that was the only console I had at the time prior to last year until I bought a Nintendo Switch), it's just time that I get up to date with the new ones. As for what I have planned for this year's game via the create modes, expect there to be both RAW & SmackDown 2002 arenas, as well as WrestleMania XXVI uploaded by me, as well as a multitude of Hogan attires (looking at a possibility of four sets or so) that I was able to conjure up for a CAW version of him for last year's game.

I'm torn.  Everything about it so far is pretty negative.  I know at some point I will get it, and I'm waiting for a sale.  However I do want the Fiend and I don't know how long it will be until he's released to purchase by himself?

I pre-ordered it, so for better or worse I'll be getting it.  Honestly, I'm not excited about the changes (except for some intrigue about the DLC).  Overall, it looks like they're charging full price for: at best a slightly changed 2K19, and at worst a glitchy and downgraded stopgap release.  I hope they put a lot of effort into patching up the issues, but I'm not optimistic.  I don't think it's fair for 2K to keep expecting consumers to shell out annually for so many lackluster and 'rebuilding year' game experiences.

I usually get the PS4 version, but for the first time, I will go PC.  I need mods for this game.  But I need to wait for the PC version to be discounted before I can buy it.

Edited by WarGreymon77

Im not.  Im not modding it either.  Im staying in 19 at least for a few more months.  I see no reason to wipe out everything us modders accomplished just to go with the current year.  To me it looks terrible and if yukes isnt in it and they recoded it, it may be a whole new modding scheme.  Also the controls are changed up as well. 

• Like 8
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 4

4 hours ago, matt2282p said:

Im not.  Im not modding it either.  Im staying in 19 at least for a few more months.  I see no reason to wipe out everything us modders accomplished just to go with the current year.  To me it looks terrible and if yukes isnt in it and they recoded it, it may be a whole new modding scheme.  Also the controls are changed up as well. 

Unfortunately you're right! So far, there was some argument for an upgrade every year, but this year ... except for Hogan, who is finally back, there are no "must haves" in 2k20, at least for me ... Everything has gotten worse for me, even the graphics. Once again a lot of legends have been removed (and I only play with these ...). So this year I will definitely not buy the game on release, even though I'm sorry for those who use my tools. Also, I suspect that modding (at least as it currently is) - anyway sooner or later - will no longer be possible, since Yukes is now out.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 11
  • Yes! 2

5 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Unfortunately you're right! So far, there was some argument for an upgrade every year, but this year ... except for Hogan, who is finally back, there are no "must haves" in 2k20, at least for me ... Everything has gotten worse for me, even the graphics. Once again a lot of legends have been removed (and I only play with these ...). So this year I will definitely not buy the game on release, even though I'm sorry for those who use my tools. Also, I suspect that modding (at least as it currently is) - anyway sooner or later - will no longer be possible, since Yukes is now out.

I fully respect this! My fear about even preordering it on PC has been that they have blocked mods somehow. The past few years, a few things have been tossed in as a deterrence and with YUKES out, VC may have finally locked the game down more so. Some people say it isn't possible but it is. They can code the game to break if someone opens a CH file, changing the file size, ETC.  Modding is probably the only thing that can save this game, IMO.  And without your tools, that's a big hit to the community as your sound editor is really a saving grace of the past PC ports. I respect your decision not to mod this year's game but the modding community will definitely miss out on your awesome tools! I'll probably stick to my modded 2k19 and just wait in hope someone manages to reverse port some of the new wrestlers into 2k19 from 2k20. I'd love to have an updated Hogan, Molly Holly and Chyna! 

• Like 3

I will also wait to see if it's moddable and if previous game mods can be imported to this year before buying.  A lot of hard work from modders and superstars left out that I need to add to make my roster more accurate. The legends thing doesn't bother me one bit, i couldn't care less and have never used one ever. I want to play WWE 2K20 not WWE 1987

Edited by myk13
  • Like 1
  • Corny 2

i have it pre ordered arleady on both ps 4 and xbox one ( degital deluxe version) sadly my graphic card is not powerfull enough for the steam version ( wish i twas tough cause of modding compatibilty 

I have no plans to even play the game, let alone own it.  It looks like an absolute nightmare, the hit detection is bad, the hair physics are garbage(looks like the entire Visual Concepts team couldn't figure out those damn 2580s :D), still no special referee match, or any of the other fan favorites that people have wanted back in since they first took them out, they had to remove the Create a Championship feature because of glitches, who knows if that will ever work properly...  I was planning to try and port the few good things to 2K19, but like others have mentioned the code for the game is likely different with Yukes no longer being involved, but on top of that the graphics are SUCH a downgrade that I don't even think 2K19 lighting can save most of it.  The ONLY good things I have noticed about 2k20 so far is Rock's $500 shirt model/entrance, Chyna's entrance(sort of, the pyro was weak af), Hogan's entrance, Rock's minitrons, the new stunner animation, the new retro tombstone animation, the new pin animation(opponent doesn't move around while getting pinned)  THAT'S IT!  O_O  Granted, I'm not a fan of the modern era stuff or the goofy stuff, but that's just ridiculous...

I'm extremely grateful that Yukes left us with such a highly modable, fun to play game!  I think 2K19 is going to be my last WWE video game for quite some time(barring something like an amazing new engine), there's still plenty of untapped potential for 2K19, the mod tools for it are all amazing, if people are willing to read and learn, it's possible to mod damn near every major aspect of this game. 

WWE 2K19 is the WWF No Mercy/Here Comes the Pain of the PC era!

tenor.gif?itemid=15145535

Edited by WhereTheFdidTheEgo
  • Like 7
  • Yes! 2
  • Woo 3

I have no plans to buy the game this year.... at all.

Only thing that could change my mind is if after deep discounted, I see that there are a lot more CH slots available than on 19. 

But even so, is still a very small chance. I don't like at all the whole nonsense on 2K20.

Monsters? Zombies? Arcade Mortal Kombat look alike? 

None of this things belong in a Wrestling Simulation game. True, 19 had Big Heads, zombies and some other nonsense that I never touched, but the game itself was/is solid enough to keep me playing for years if nothing actually good comes in to "take its place". 

• Like 3
  • Yes! 1

12 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

If you are not going to do a sound editor this year, then I'm not buying the game. I'm super stoked that Hogan, is back but his animation to "I'm a real American" theme song as "Hollywood Hogan" is rediculous! I understand the rights to "Voodoo Child" is 5 million bucks, but they could've at least used the dubbed over version they use on the WWE network for him. Plus I'm not even sure the nWo Hogan, will be a DLC.

• Like 2

I'm waiting to see:

a) How moddable it is
b) If they patch in a legacy control scheme

If those things happen I'll probably get it when it's discounted. In the meantime I'm happy to stick with 2K19 and hopefully theres a way to reverse port some of the new models to 2K19.

I'm really not interested in the horsewomen showcase and although I did enjoy mycareer last year, this years doesn't look as interesting to me. There seems to be a lot more characters removed than there are new ones this year as well.

Edited by Tidal

I will not buy it, for a legends fan is a shit game, will port new hogan into wwe2k19 and nothing  more from that shit.

wwe2k19 with the top Quality moders  is better than wwe2k20 yukes

Edited by motishow
  • Like 9
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 1