Graphics and gameplay

jamesmichaels

aEGjQGuvX4AIjtSD.jpgEGjQGurXUAA9m3r.jpg

So a lot of the model screen shots have been circulating for this game and I am a bit puzzled. While Shirai doesn't look as bad as she could, Dana obviously looks crappy.  Lots of the models have been downgraded apparently; including the Rock.  Then there's the hair physicals being notably absent from the entrances we are seeing such as Bianca Belair's entrance. I think console gamers will have the worst time with this. Sure, they may patch in the hair physics somehow; the models will most likely never be updated. I am hopeful they haven't magically blocked the game from being modded this year so at least the community can mod in models from older games to fix these issues. 

It looks like they've basically downgraded the lighting, shadows, ambient occlusion, particles and some other effects. One can assume it's likely been done so the game can play with a smooth framerate in 4k on Xbox One X and PS4 (possibly a Switch port down the line, too) at all times (conspiracy theorists may also say it's done so next year's "Next gen console version" will look considerably better than this when they bring back the old lighting/shading and maybe trace a ray or two to be able to use the buzzword "raytracing").
As PC gamers used to say back in the day, it seems like it's been "dumbed down for consoles". Unless these things can be turned on on the PC version, even models from 2K19 will likely look like two pieces of monkey crap compared to WWE 2k19.

• Like 4