Arenas Mod Problem

Clarityman

Hi all. I'm having some trouble (that makes no sense to me) with an installed arena mod and I'm hoping someone can help me.

So a while ago, I installed the arena mod by @Abhilash here, but I installed as it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Then I tried @Davehinnegan1986 's hidden arena mod, which is exactly what I wanted! However, some arenas are not displaying correctly and I think it's because of extra pac files from the Abhilash mod. For example, the Great Balls of Fire arena has a Survivor Series apron. The Roadblock arena has the Backlash set. There are other errors too. See below.

This is the GBOF arena:

G2OCdrL.jpg

This is the Roadblock arena:

KPeFYYA.jpg

Now here's the weird part. I backed up the entire game when it first came out before I installed a single mod. But if I delete my arenas folders, restore the backups, then rebuild the def, if I try to select a hidden arena in game, the game crashes.

Of course I think this whole probelm is due to extra pacs from the Abhilash mod existing in (for example) my arenas/apron folder. But if I restore the original folder, shouldn't the O.G. hidden arenas be in there? The crashes suggest the hidden arena pacs are missing.

So does anyone have an idea what's wrong? Or can anyone upload the correct arena files for hidden arenas GBOF, No Mercy, and Roadblock? Thanks for any help in advance!

Search for misc01_start.pac, misc4_arena.pac in your WWE 2K19/mods folder.

Erase them all. (erase anything in the mods folder added by the first arena mod you installed).

Re-install the hidden arena mod you want.

Clear your chunk0.arc, then re-generate your chunk0.def.

Edited by JManny

Thanks for the reply my man. I did try that prior to posting. The mods folder has been checked and rechecked and only the newer misc is installed.

The thing is, the hidden arena mod zip doesn't contain any arena pacs (the one I installed prior did add extra pacs).

So one would think emptying my mods folder of misc and then deleting the pac\arena folder and installing the hidden arenas mod with my backed up pac\arena folder would work fine...

...since I assume the pacs for the hidden arenas are default files from the initial game release. But when I go to select those arenas giving me problems (GBOF, Roadblock, No Mercy) then I get a hang during the loading screen because I think the pacs are missing.

But where to get the missing pacs? Did a later update of the game include the hidden arenas but just not unlock them (maybe my backup is too old)? I'm really at a loss as to why this isn't working.  It seems very likely I have extra unwanted pacs in pac/arenas that do not correctly correspond with the hidden arenas mod, but again, deleting pac/arena and installing the pac\arenas backup causes a crash during loading as if the pacs are missing.

Edited by Clarityman

Crap. Check your entire wwe 2k19 folder for those 2 files. Something like this happened to me before, and it ended up being a duplicate Misc file in some random folder. It wasn't in my mods folder or root. 

The arentrances should be there. Check for arentrace 04. That's Payback. If it's missing you can get them from 2k18.

Hope you get it working.

Edited by JManny
  • Like 1

I think you're really great.

With this information, I was able to fix it (and understand arena modding better in general).

The fix lay in restoring the original arentrance files, as well as figuring out that I was using the alternate mod's misc4_arena file in my default root without realizing it, which was pointing the game in all sorts of alternate directions.

Now all is perfect. THANK YOU.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...