2k20 Roster concerns

jamesmichaels

Am I the only one starting to get concerned over the lack of a full roster reveal? For years, they've always revealed the main roster (pre-DLC) around Summerslam. They've oddly been very tight lipped on the roster size and such. (Last year, I remember they plugged it as the largest pre-DLC roster ever.) This year, we have only seen reveals for the ones expected in the game, the ones centered in the showcase mode and ones assumed to be in based on things seen in the commercial. Do you think there is a reason for this? It is exactly a month from launch and we still know very little about what else has been updated like usual. No mention of updates for the universe mode, for example. Or updates to the creation studio. I guess my fear is that they've trimmed the roster down to a much smaller size and they aren't broadcasting the full roster pre-launch just so as to not chance hurting sales.  What are your all's thoughts? I'd love to believe that I am just being over over dramatic but it has happened before. (SVR 08.) 

I'm really starting to fear the same thing.  It is getting way to close to release for them to not have a full roster reveal, especially when it's always a big spectacle every year.  I also have a strange feeling that the game may be so incomplete that they do monthly updates that add more to the roster or we are going to see some large DLC packs and they make us pay extra to get the rest of the roster.  I'm really hoping that this is not the case and they are just being lazy releasing info.

I really don't think there's anything to fear roster wise. I think it's more of a testament to the reports of internal struggle over the game and a branch breaking off to create competition over the license, than anything else. This IS a 2K Sports game, and they don't fuck with the roster for NBA or MLB, they're always complete at launch, so this will prob have the full roster with a few exceptions from probably around March/April of this year, maybe a little more current, since they have Fiend Bray. 

Also, think of it this way: Very well could have downsized promotional budget of the game since reports were that the last game didn't sell anywhere what they thought. THey'll prob just dump the game and leave the excitement to then.

I would  have to agree  that 2K  doesn't  mess around  with  doing  half  roster   so  I suspect their   silence  on a lot   has   to due  with   the eventual  competition   from  the other  branch  with a future  wrestling game.    For  all we know  this could be  2K's  silently  trying to  revive   the  sales     for  WWE2K20  as  tons of  people  skipped  last  game  so  they  could  be  like  lets  revamp this whole  section  ,  give  gamers this  or  change   it up like  this   For  example  we've  been begging for  women's  career   mode not just guys  and now its  duel  career   shit like that   so silence  isn't  always a bad  thing.

I think 2k19 was (for me) one of the best of the series since 2k16. The many creators of caws, or modded superstars have enriched 2k19 this year to such an extent that it can compete with the content of 2k20. WWE 2k19 has reached such a level of diversity thanks to them, that 2k20 seems poor (for me of course). What I love most is creation. And 2k19 brought it to me. Too bad the image servers will have to close at a time.

As for the little roster that I have seen, the content does not get too hot to pay for a game this year. Almost the same as 2019. I do not think that the jobbers (B card or C card) will be in 2k20, so the same like last year with some "monsters & zombies" attires?? no thanks :)

I played for a long time WWE series, like the 2k16 well after the release of 2k18 before going back to 2k19. I'm thinking of stopping this game serie there this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BlackBen83 said:

I think 2k19 was (for me) one of the best of the series since 2k16. The many creators of caws, or modded superstars have enriched 2k19 this year to such an extent that it can compete with the content of 2k20. WWE 2k19 has reached such a level of diversity thanks to them, that 2k20 seems poor (for me of course). What I love most is creation. And 2k19 brought it to me. Too bad the image servers will have to close at a time.

As for the little roster that I have seen, the content does not get too hot to pay for a game this year. Almost the same as 2019. I do not think that the jobbers (B card or C card) will be in 2k20, so the same like last year with some "monsters & zombies" attires?? no thanks :)

I played for a long time WWE series, like the 2k16 well after the release of 2k18 before going back to 2k19. I'm thinking of stopping this game serie there this year.

I can agree with what you mean about 2k19. I mostly play in the universe mode and I utilize the creation suite a lot. However, a good roster by default may send me more toward the console version if I feel like I can get what I need from the creation mode. Just having the roster can help me decide which version to buy. However, the changes to the universe mode this year sound great so I may just stick to the PC edition in hopes that I can just fill roster gaps with the mod tools that release this year. (Barring they've not made it near impossible to mod.)  The universe mode changes is enough to get me to buy it. Question is will it be later at a discount like during a steam sale? or is it a day one purchase? The roster could answer a lot!

• Like 1

I just figured that they would sell us why to preorder this game as soon as possible because there are a lot of games coming out. People will put their money into something else and not be able to buy this game. Seems like a weird marketing strategy with this time in gaming.

At my age, Hulk Hogan was really the last wrestler I was missing that made me want another game. I don't have any reason to buy this game full price and they aren't really giving me any reason to. Then again, I'm probably not the demographic they are shooting for 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

The roster has been revealed.  At least it has what I have expected. The Rock (modern) is in the game. I have just pre-ordered the game. My wishes has been granted: Wwe 2k20 in 4K for my Xbox One X. Awesome!!