Uninstalling DLC wrestlers via CCT?

LordBarker

Annoyingly we can't seem to lock the DLC characters like Bobby Lashley and other current gen wrestlers I've never heard of. In this instance can I safely use @TheVisitorX excellent CCT to uninstall them without messing up the game?

Cheers

Edited by LordBarker

Seems to reset itself :/ tried using CCT and Xpacker. Apparently it's an issue with DLC, pretty certain it was the same last year. 

Just to clarify it initial appears locked. You save the game and think great, there goes that shmuck. Then you reboot and he's back, staring at you vacantly, pretending that wrestling nowadays isn't shit. Main wrestlers aren't an issue, just DLC. 

Edited by LordBarker

16 hours ago, LordBarker said:

Seems to reset itself :/ tried using CCT and Xpacker. Apparently it's an issue with DLC, pretty certain it was the same last year. 

Just to clarify it initial appears locked. You save the game and think great, there goes that shmuck. Then you reboot and he's back, staring at you vacantly, pretending that wrestling nowadays isn't shit. Main wrestlers aren't an issue, just DLC. 

I guess it will not take this info from memory, but from the profile dat file, as it is the case with other things this year. So I think you have to change it via the profile dat so that the changes are preserved.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, JManny said:

Annoying!!!

Look in the your data editor folder, should be a blank pofo and moveset, install in Lashley's slot, If it crashes just re-import the originals.

Can't find it in the files folder mate. A search reveals nothing. Any chance you have a link old chap? 

3 hours ago, LordBarker said:

Can't find it in the files folder mate. A search reveals nothing. Any chance you have a link old chap? 

In the Templates folders of Data Editor, there are "empty.*" files for each type. Those are empty. Or just use CCT to uninstall the wrestler.

However, it likely won't help with DLC wrestlers as they will revert on game startup as part of the copy protection thing. You might be able to edit the respective entries in the profile_dat.pac file (ideally the PerfectPlextra one) for each superstar that contains the original .pofo, although that may or may not work in terms of DLC superstars.

• Like 1

Hi mate I couldn't see them in the templates folder at all. I found and use the in-game templates but couldn't find blanks. 

As far as DLC goes, as I said above and you reiterated it's a pain to remove DLC and think it needs messing with the profile as VisitorX says. Probably easier to use a blank pofo and make a blank render. Think I'll go that route. Cheers all for the help. 

1 hour ago, LordBarker said:

Hi mate I couldn't see them in the templates folder at all. I found and use the in-game templates but couldn't find blanks. 

As far as DLC goes, as I said above and you reiterated it's a pain to remove DLC and think it needs messing with the profile as VisitorX says. Probably easier to use a blank pofo and make a blank render. Think I'll go that route. Cheers all for the help. 

Then perhaps you have deleted them (empty.pofo, empty.moveset) or you have an outdated version of Data Editor. Update to the latest version (you should have the latest version anyway due to bug fixes and improvements) and they should be there.

5 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Then perhaps you have deleted them (empty.pofo, empty.moveset) or you have an outdated version of Data Editor. Update to the latest version (you should have the latest version anyway due to bug fixes and improvements) and they should be there.

Found them! I'd moved them into there own folder for situations like this...whoops! Need to write down every time I move something :D

58 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

Did it work?

Nope this doesn't work either :( Install empty moveset and pofo and Bobbly Lashley is not there, all good. Close the game, re-open he's there again :/ I've blocked internet connection so it's clearly not reinstated by anything server-side. Is it worth trying the 'uninstall' option? Just want these new fuckers gone! :D

38 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

Nope this doesn't work either :( Install empty moveset and pofo and Bobbly Lashley is not there, all good. Close the game, re-open he's there again :/ I've blocked internet connection so it's clearly not reinstated by anything server-side. Is it worth trying the 'uninstall' option? Just want these new fuckers gone! :D

Uninstall will do the same thing. What you can try is change it in the profile_dat_pXX.pac (XX for the patch Lashley is in). Extract Lashley's file (you'll have to figure out which one is Lashley's), zero the file out, re-inject it and see if that helps. If it doesn't, it likely isn't possible to remove DLC guys.

• Like 2