Wwe 2k20 entrances, gameplay, 4k graphics and modes

Isaac Modimokwane

Since well 2k part ways with Yukes and with Visual Concepts as a new developer, then there is a good stuff coming. I am looking for 4k graphics and hdr, simplified game play. Realistic entrances based on on real thing and real crowds reactions towards gameplay, entraces and matches.

Alas, unless they've already been working on a new game from scratch for years in parallel to the previous 2k1X games, I don't see much of a change coming for WWE 2k20.

But I think this is a smart move from 2k removing Yukes as previous developer. Since 2k took over from THQ, wwe games have decline in terms of quality and gameplay. Let's wait and see what Visual Concepts is bringing to the table. I have high hopes for the game. 4k gameplay is my target since I am an Xbox One X owner. Yukes failed to give Ps4 Pro and Xbox One X gamers the 4k game that they paid for. I am expecting all developers to make 4k gaming, otherwise is a slap for all 4k gamers. So let Yukes go....

IMHO time will tell. I don't think this is a Yukes issue. 2k and Visual Concepts have been more focused on developing simulation games so it's not surprising they went in this direction. Yukes still produced the game engine and the animations for the previous smackdown vs raw games THQ Published.

To fully implement new features in the game and a new game engine to handle full 4k HDR, they must have been working on it for a few years, not within a one year development cycle. Probably not in 2k20 as Visual Concepts will need to find a firm ground to stand on after the partnership break up.

This game is still heavily reliant on Yukes engine.The moves and entrance animations are all handled by Yukes. Ditching their format entirely will take some time.

It is bittersweet for the modding community as as ditching their formats will mean all the entrances, cutscenes, victory animations and moves from previous games won't be compatible with any new engine.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 1

Yep but surely the game will be enhanced for 4k and HDR, something that Yukes didn't provide for 4k gamers. Looks like the game will be much improved.  If they can't provide this then what's the reason to upgrade to 4k machines?  They have to do it. Wait and see if I am lying. Google "wwe 2k20 xbox one cover"

On 8/23/2019 at 11:02 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

It is bittersweet for the modding community as as ditching their formats will mean all the entrances, cutscenes, victory animations and moves from previous games won't be compatible with any new engine.

I doubt any of the formats have changed. From the screenshots and videos, it looks like the game is running the same engine

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tekken57 said:

I doubt any of the formats have changed. From the screenshots and videos, it looks like the game is running the same engine

That's very correct. Its very much the same from the entrance video published

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, Isaac Modimokwane said:

Yep but surely the game will be enhanced for 4k and HDR, something that Yukes didn't provide for 4k gamers. Looks like the game will be much improved.  If they can't provide this then what's the reason to upgrade to 4k machines?  They have to do it. Wait and see if I am lying. Google "wwe 2k20 xbox one cover"

I believe certain elements like the graphics can be enhanced. That's probably the easiest change possible within a small time frame. 

The other aspects you listed will definitely require a new engine which will take some time.