TUTORIAL : Crowd chants for Alternate attires

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

This tutorial covers assigning crowd chants to alternate attires. First here are a few scenarios you might have noticed during gameplay :

1. There are no  crowd "Goldberg" chants during his entrance or gameplay when additional alternate attires slots  (attire 3 and above) are assigned to the character. 

2. There are no crowd "Yes " chants during entrance or the Yes chants during his signature Yes kick when a custom alternate attire is selected for Daniel Bryan in an additional attire slot.

3. The Roman reigns "Wooah" battle cry taunt has no sound when an alternate attire is used.

We will be modifying the sound_p30.pac file. You will also need Pac Editor to decompress the file using the MASS EXTRACT function of the software.

Remember to backup the file before modding.

1. Open the sound_p30.pac file in pac editor and click on the MASS EXTRACT button. (A folder with the decompressed files will be created.)

2. Open the @sound_p30.pac folder created. Navigate to the @0BFD09BF523F7140.pac / @012C.pac folder

(The 012C.pac file is the commentary script data file. The C8.dat is the ring announcer script file. We will be working with the 012C file)

3. In the @012C.pac folder, you will find the file 67.dat. We will be working with this file. The 67.dat file also contains the commentary ID the game reads to assign commentary to slots.

(For instance if you wanted to place a Brock Lesnar mod in a custom mod slot and you want Brock Lesnar commentary on that slot, it will be set in this file, but that's for another day)

(One other file in the folder is the 012C.dat file. This file is the commentary script for move names being called out during gameplay. Anyway lets move on)

4.Open the 67.dat file in a hex editor (HxD). Its a lengthy file composed of data in sections.  I'll try to make things as brief as possible.

We first want to locate the part of the file containing the ID 's you need to modify. These are character ID's in Hex. For instance we know Goldberg has two attires, the ch ID's for both are 36102 (default) and 36112 (alternate attire)

5. Convert one of the values to hex. 36102 in Hex is 8D06. 36112 in Hex is 8D10. We will swap the bytes when searching. 8D 06 we swap to 06 8D. 

6. Do a hex search for 06 8D . You will see the following. Here is a screenshot.

JdngbQk.png

Each entry is 8 bytes long. The first 4 bytes for the character pac ID, the next 4 bytes for the script ID

Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

00018C40  06 8D 00 00 D7 34 60 20 10 8D 00 00 C0 3F 60 27  .

Here is the block of bytes I highlighted in yellow on the screenshot. You will notice both character ID's are in the file. The 10 8D (8D 10) for his alternate attire. The array of bytes in blue represent the script ID for Goldberg. There is another script ID in Red. This is because the developers slightly altered the chants and commentary for the Goldberg WCW and WWF versions, so different ID's were assigned. Each ID can be used for both attires. This can also be part of what the devs tried to implement in wwe 2k17 where Brian Pillman's alternate attire had a different ring announce name (Flyin Bryan/ Loose Cannon Bryan Pillman) I don't think it worked in the game.

An additional alternate attire ID can be added just after the second one. The next alternate attire will be 36122 (8D 1A ) We write this as 1A 8D.

Remember its a block of 8 bytes so we add the ID (any one, since both are Goldberg's) so it looks like this

1A 8D 00 00 C0 3F 60 27 , a fourth attire  36132 (8D24)  24 8D 00 00 C0 3F 60 27 . The array of bytes is placed right after the previous attire. You can't just place these anywhere as the game reads the data in ascending order. It won't work otherwise. Here is a screenshot with the two additional entries added. Remember to Paste insert. Not paste write.

9cbD9SZ.png

Lets take a quick look at Daniel Bryan. His ID is 324. His default attire will be 32402 (7E 92) We will search in hex for 92 7E.

Do take note, when you are searching for a value, we are searching for ID located in offset columns 0 and 1 or offset columns 8 and 9.

Here is a screenshot

bhrpzsX.png

The 947E (7E94) is his entrance attire (32404) If a character has a separate entrance attire, you will need to add the entrance attire ID after the in-ring. Remember its ascending order 32404 is a greater number than 32402 so it comes second. It wouldn't work if it is placed first. You will notice the script ID's are the same here.

Now Daniel Bryan has an extra managers attire (32412) Not listed.

If you are using an alternate attire for Bryan, the first will be 32412 and 32414 9If there is an entrance attire) You just follow the same steps I outlined for Goldberg.

Roman reigns character pac id is 36802. (8FC2) you will search for C2 8F . Since he has no separate entrance attire, the first alternate attire 36812 (8F CC) will be written as CC 8F.

When you are done editing, the offset length will need to be modified as we have added more bytes to the file. Scroll up to the header

yjOdhiZ.png

offsets 08 to 0A contain the offset length of the file. You will need to scroll down to the last byte, highlight it and note its offset value (left below). You will notice as shown in the screenshot, here it's 1DAA8. This offset value might be different when you edit as Ive modified mine a bit. The value will change as data is being added to the file.

IOfb6Rv.png

This value is written down as A8 DA 01. The bytes 88 DA 01 will now be changed to A8 DA 01. 

Save.

Open the 012C.pac file in the @sound_p30.pac\@0BFD09BF523F7140.pac folder in pac editor and inject the modified 67.dat file into it.

Open the 0BFD09BF523F7140.pac, select INJECT AS BPE from the program window and select the 012C.pac file you opened previously. Inject.

Inject the 0BFD09BF523F7140.pac into the sound_p30.pac file.

Place back in your game and restart.

That's all.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions if you aren't sure of the steps.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 1

Brilliant tutorial! Doing a bit of cross referencing reveals that there are some unused ID listings for a couple of superstars. For example, there is another listing for The Rock's second ch model (10012/0x271C) even though he only has one attire in the game by default.

The Rock '01 (ch344) also has this problem as well, however his script ID is completely different on the second attire which makes me think it's leftover data from 2K17. :)

Edited by jakeypearce
Elaboration

2 minutes ago, jakeypearce said:

Brilliant tutorial! Doing a bit of cross referencing reveals that there are some unused ID listings for a couple of superstars. For example, there is another listing for The Rock's second ch model (10012/0x271C) even though he only has one attire in the game by default.

The Rock '01 (ch344) also has this problem as well, however his script ID is completely different on the second attire which makes me think it's leftover data from 2K17. :)

Thanks.I believe this was leftover data. I did see it too.There are also listings for removed 2k18 characters though I don't think they reference anything. I used the ID's for Tommaso Ciampa and Nicki Cross and assigned both to their mod slots.

I wonder if this can also be used to fix entrance talk as well (like the "Adam Cole Baybay" that he only says in his first attire in both his singles and the Undisputed Era team etrance(s)).

2 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I wonder if this can also be used to fix entrance talk as well (like the "Adam Cole Baybay" that he only says in his first attire in both his singles and the Undisputed Era team etrance(s)).

Yes I believe so. Ill perform some tests in the game.

UPDATE ; Yes it works

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Too Sweet 1

9 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Yes I believe so. Ill perform some tests in the game.

UPDATE ; Yes it works

Awesome. Now I wonder if the addition the old IDs for wrestlers of previous games and then re-adding their sounds to .pck files with the same IDs they used in those games might work to restore various sounds of theirs for their mods.

5 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Awesome. Now I wonder if the addition the old IDs for wrestlers of previous games and then re-adding their sounds to .pck files with the same IDs they used in those games might work to restore various sounds of theirs for their mods.

Hi,

It might , but one thing is, even though the script ID's remain the same , the ID's in the pck archives keep changing for each superstar with each release.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SquaredCircle. I hope you've been doing well. It's been a while.

Would something like this work for voices too? I was wondering because I have alternate attires set for Ric Flair 88 and he doesn't do the "Wooo" sound during his taunts on any attires other than the first one.

27 minutes ago, XfallofparadiseX said:

Hey SquaredCircle. I hope you've been doing well. It's been a while.

Would something like this work for voices too? I was wondering because I have alternate attires set for Ric Flair 88 and he doesn't do the "Wooo" sound during his taunts on any attires other than the first one.

Hi,

Ive been great thanks. 

This also works for superstar voice chants too.You will just need to add the ID's for the alternate attires.

3 hours ago, kevan1700 said:

Could you REPLACE an entrance motion and get the audio to trigger for the slot and then cut/sync the audio to match the new motion?

Hi, are you referring to the prematch commentary ?

The audio can't be cut as its a commentary script which is mapped to that particular entrance and ID slot.

Which entrance are you working with ?

14 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, are you referring to the prematch commentary ?

The audio can't be cut as its a commentary script which is mapped to that particular entrance and ID slot.

Which entrance are you working with ?

not cut...splice

i meant the aforementioned entrance speech.

ex. Godfather, The New Age Outlaws

basically, if i were to replace tony nese with Ken Shamrock, could i replace Nese's speech about his abs with a custom sound spliced to fit the length, size and timing of the original?

1 minute ago, kevan1700 said:

not cut...splice

i meant the aforementioned entrance speech.

ex. Godfather, The New Age Outlaws

basically, if i were to replace tony nese with Ken Shamrock, could i replace Nese's speech about his abs with a custom sound spliced to fit the length, size and timing of the original?

Yes that's possible. You will need to locate the voice over audio in the ssvo_m.pck file, export and open in audacity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Yes that's possible. You will need to locate the voice over audio in the ssvo_m.pck file, export and open in audacity.

Audacity... NOW youre speaking my language. some nXt guys are going to get replaced with the quickness. Ill play them next year. 

• 4 months later...

how does the Adam Cole search work? I get a triple number when converting to HEX to be 120 AE.  I can't get any of these to work.  When searching none of my hex values are in the 00 01 or 08 09 slot.  They are all over the place.

Edited by myk13

15 minutes ago, myk13 said:

how does the Adam Cole search work? I get a triple number when converting to HEX to be 120 AE.  I can't get any of these to work.  When searching none of my hex values are in the 00 01 or 08 09 slot.  They are all over the place.

Hi,

With Adam Cole , the 1 20 AE will be flipped to read AE 20 01. This is what you will search for.

Here is a screenshot below.

zzgltEv.png

59 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Ok cool. Have you figured out what you are trying to do ?

Nope lol.  Tried following your tutorial but I can't figure it out.  I'm new to all this.  I'm just trying to get Adam Cole so his chant works and Daniel Bryan Yes Chants to work.

31 minutes ago, myk13 said:

Nope lol.  Tried following your tutorial but I can't figure it out.  I'm new to all this.  I'm just trying to get Adam Cole so his chant works and Daniel Bryan Yes Chants to work.

Are you trying to get the chants to work with an alternate attire? How many alternate attires do you have for each character?

19 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Are you trying to get the chants to work with an alternate attire? How many alternate attires do you have for each character?

Yes, my game is off now but i THINK I have a total of 5 for each

4 hours ago, myk13 said:

Yes, my game is off now but i THINK I have a total of 5 for each

Anyway I wouldn't say this tutorial is for users just beginning to mod the game so I understand.

First you will have to calculate the alternate attire ID's for the characters in Hex.

Lets take Adam Cole as an example. The ID's for the first five attires will be

73902 - 1 20 AE  - Flip to AE 20 01

73912 - 1 20 BB -  BB 20 01

73922 - 1 20 C2 - C2 20 01

73932 - 1 20 CC   - CC 20 01

73942 -  1 20 D6 - D6 20 01.

You will now need to paste -insert the ID's as shown in this screenshot. The array of bytes B6 E0 CA 94 is Adam Cole's chant ID.

Save and reinject as outlined in this tutorial.

ajfb9BA.png