Girls of the Golden Era::: [Released: 1961-1991 AWA World Womens Championship Belt // 1984-1985 & 1985-1989 WWF Ladies World Wrestling Championship Belts || Preview: Wendi Richter // Cyndi Lauper // Rockin' Robin // Sensational Sherri // Mad Maxine]

MOMO

Well, I'm setting up my game for the 2k88 mod by @JManny when it releases, and there's plenty of old-school male wrestler CCs & Mods out there, but women wrestlers... not so much, so I decided to start making them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Creator Name: Momo

1984 - 1985 WWF Ladies World Wrestling Championship Belt:

Name: WWF LADIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ('84-'85)

e0HnrST.png

Hashtags: CLASSIC, LADIES, WOMENS

1985 - 1989 WWF Ladies World Wrestling Championship Belt:

Name: WWF LADIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ('85-'89)

twB4mSS.png

Hashtags: CLASSIC, LADIES, WOMENS

1961 - 1991 AWA World Womens Championship Belt:

Name: AWA WORLD WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP

wsjmSuB.png

Hashtags: AWA, WORLD, WOMENS

Roster Batch #1:

lyhorpe.png

Alrighty, so I decided how I'm going to go about releasing these... Right now I've been on a creative streak, so I'm going to get as many CAW appearance done as I can. Then when I lose it, I'll start breaking down their matches and make movesets/set pofo animations.

Roster:

(Bold = Needs moveset/pofo | Italics = Partially made  | Strike = Completed & Released | Underline = Manager)

Batch #1:

Sensational Sherri, Rockin' Robin, Wendi Richter, Cyndi Lauper, Mad Maxine.

Batch #2:

Leilane Kai, Princess Victoria, Great Moolah, The Jumping Bomb Angels.

Batch #3:

Bambi, Candi Devine, Velvet McIntyre, Joyce Grable, Misty Blue...

Edited by MOMO
  • Like 5

If I knew how (still don't, lol), I'd probably make mod versions using 3DS Max. Fortunately, a lot of their outfits can be made in the game itself, even a lot of the gimmicks like Princess Victoria & Leilani Kai can be made. The one downfall is that some things (Using Leilani Kai as an example again - Her straw arm/shoulder pieces) aren't possible that way. I love old-school, raw, bareboned wrestling though, and find it an enigma that there's a lot of footage, but barely any pictures or information on the ladies from back in the day - Can't even find pictures of the 50s-late 80s womens titles. The idea came when I saw the Miss Elizabeth mod by @matt2282p though, and figured it'd be a unique realm of wrestlers to work on. :)

• Like 1
  • Woo 2

Thank you for that, but I actually have pctures of the 80s blue title, and baby blue title, I'll add it them to this post soon, the blue title needs some quality control work on the plates, the baby blue one is clean though, just needs to be cut out.

Edit:: Added the 84-85 Ladies Championship. @JManny 😛

Edited by MOMO
  • Glorious 1

Got the outfit for Wendi Richter done, but still need to morph her, also started working on Cyndi Lauper, got her morphed, both still being worked on, won't post either to the OP until I'm happy with them both though:

Edited by MOMO
Cleaning preview images
  • Like 1

Another belt added to the OP, this one is the 1961-1991 AWA World Womens Championship, which also acted as the AWA Light Heavyweight Championship, the only difference being when the women used it, they removed the "Light Heavyweight" plate from the top:

47118355_362312111238757_746527522450145

Edited by MOMO
Cleaning preview images

• MOMO changed the title to Girls of the Golden Era::: [Released: 1961-1991 AWA World Womens Championship Belt // 1984-1985 & 1985-1989 WWF Ladies World Wrestling Championship Belts || Preview: Rockin' Robin & Sensational Sherri]
  • MOMO changed the title to Girls of the Golden Era::: [Released: 1961-1991 AWA World Womens Championship Belt // 1984-1985 & 1985-1989 WWF Ladies World Wrestling Championship Belts || Preview: Wendi Richter w/ Cyndi Lauper // Rockin' Robin & Sensational Sherri]

Batch #1 pictured in full in the OP now. Going to do movesets over the next week & release them all at once, before moving on to the second set.

Going to do movesets over the next week & release them all at once, before moving on to the second set. One thing I should note - Girls from this era had limited movesets for the most part, using few moves inside the ring compared to now a days, so a lot of girls will have repeating moves. You'll also end up seeing some moves that are used by almost every girl of this era, such as the mat slam, alas, all the movesets will be unique still, all girls did have their few moves signature to them, and ofc, all had proper signature & finishers. It'll make it hard to get a 5* match playing with these girls overall though, which, in a way, wasn't far from the reality of the times. Also, I'll give Cyndi Lauper her own limited shoot-style moveset since she was just a manager and never wrestled... just because... why not?

• Like 1

• MOMO changed the title to Girls of the Golden Era::: [Released: 1961-1991 AWA World Womens Championship Belt // 1984-1985 & 1985-1989 WWF Ladies World Wrestling Championship Belts || Preview: Wendi Richter // Cyndi Lauper // Rockin' Robin // Sensational Sherri // Mad Maxine]

Sorry I haven't released any of these yet, haven't forgot, but I've been killing my body lately - intense & grueling physical training in preparation of going back in to a physical activity within the next year or two... (Pretty much, I'm a 6'4", 135 pound guy and atm, I'm wearing around more than my body weight - a 110 pound vest, 10 pounds on each arm and leg from the time I wake up until I sleep, thats how I train, no half assing it. I refuse the easy route & I refuse modern day suppliments, rather I train like someone from the late 1800s-early 1900s, only difference being I'll use modern stuff I have access to like weight vests & wrist/ankle weights) My body'll go numb soon, after that it'll get to the point where I'm too sore to move for a few days and lay around, watching the matches of these girls, so I can get these done... Just wanted to leave an update.

Edited by MOMO
  • Like 1

It's not a race @MOMO. No rush to release them,

I've got at least a few weeks left until I'm done.

Focus on getting healthy, do bits when you can. The 1980's ain't going anywhere.

Edited by JManny
  • Like 1

I know there's not a rush, I'm just one of those completionists that stays busy & hates leaving projects in the dark when I intend on finishing them(even if I do get off track & forgetful sometimes) @JManny. - Decided I wanted to use my previous martial arts experience to take a shot at wrestling, even if its just learning & training, even if I'm starting later than I should have. Also considered boxing or MMA, but wrestling is & always was my first love, sure you guys here understand that though. 😛 There's two wrestling training academies near by though, one in Rochester, one in Lackawanna (suburb of Buffalo), so I figured I'd take half a year to a year to make sure I'm prepped for a tryout. Was gonna just go do it, then I realized I let myself sit too long without working on my craft - could barely roundhouse at head level anymore(figured that out in the past week, and it bothers me). I don't expect to get these all done at once, probably 2 at a time. That way I can pick apart multiple matches between the same two girls in like a T-chart with the moves of one on one side, the other on the other. First batch should be done in a few weeks though, around the time your mod releases. :)

• Woo 1