The Process of Replacing Crowd Signs.

MOMO

On 4/19/2021 at 2:56 PM, noobmodder said:

I can give my 2 Cents on Crowd Signs- Editing, without the need to work with a HexEditor.

I stress out that it's for the process to replace/Edit signs not to add new ones!

Tools you need:

- PAC Editor

- WrestleMinus

- rePac

- Photoshop and/Or GIMP

First you extract the pac inside the audience.pac. (Should be D2ACC42D89D89FFD) and extract the 0000.pac
Inside 0000.pac there are other files (like .bpe) select "extract all" and extrat the files in a folder where you would like to edit them.

Note: What you can try is to open the 0000.pac with rePac. If rePac shows you .dds files, congrats you might have it easier,
do a mass extract with rePac. In this case you have an easier job to preview the pictures to decide which signs you like to edit and which not.

But so far I only heard form one person thet rePac was able to who the image files as .dds "out of the box".

If rePac only shows you cryptic stuff or also just .bpe, then forget that, of course.

Open Wrestle Minus and go to the folder where you extratced those .bpe files with the Pac Editor. Select one and click on the "+"/unfold
it till it gives you the option "Picture View" (next to where you see "Text View")

If there is a file you like to edit, make a right clik and extract it (with the option you prefer). Now you should get a file by the name no01.dds
You can edit it like you know it from every other .dds, just make sure it's 128x128  

The re-packing and re-injecting:

So let's say you edit the no01.dds in 0BB9.bpe, Open rePac and select "Create Texture Archive" and select the no01.dds
The name neepds to be 0BB9. No worries if it is a .pac

Inject that as BPE with the Pac Editor, at the right spot in the 0000.pac

D2ACC42D89D89FFD, and inject the the 0000.pac. An finaly inject the D2ACC42D89D89FFD in the audience.pac

Files names aside, it should workd the same way for the other files that conatin crowd signs.

I testet it. Not Crashes, no not correct displayed signs, no glitches.

Worked like a charm for me!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Regardng my guide:

I have to add that some sort of bug happened but I wasn't aware of it, first.

The bug shows like this: If you have modded wrestlers/attires in the match the modded signs will appear, also if you just use vanilla wrestlers with no edited signs (of course, I would say)

And during the testing I only used modded wrestlers/attires. But some day, looong after I wrote this guide it appeared that if you have "vanilla" wrestlers in your match the signs will just be black.

So I have an idea how I maybe can fix this issue, but I can't tell you when I have the time for it. But I will update my guide, if my idea works!

Edited by noobmodder