TUTORIAL: CREATE A SHOW MOD PART 2: ADDING LOGOS TO CUSTOM SHOWS WITHOUT REPLACING.

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

This is the second part of the CREATE SHOW tutorial.  In this section, we will be looking at adding logos to the custom show previews. In the first tutorial, we added 4 shows to the Showload selection screen without replacing. We will begin with the logo folder.

THE PAC /LOGO folder.

The logo folder in the pac directory contains logos and images used in CREATE-A SHOW. The logos files starting with lgc610000.pac to lgc610120_p10.pac are used for the Create Show tiles.

All logos for 2k18 shows were left in the game and can be assigned in 2k19. Here is a screenshot of a section of it's contents

c9CCet3.png

lgc610096.pac is the logo for Great Balls of Fire . lgc610052.pac is the logo for WCW Saturday Night 92. Though these two are listed here, they will not show up in the game.

You will notice some gaps with the numbering. lgc610055 - lgc610057 and lgc610061-  lgc610072. When I compared this folder with the 2k18 folder , I discovered there are extra files with these ID's in the 2k18 file. These are like placeholder logo files with a grey Raw Logo. These are not used in the game and it is possible to inject a custom Logo into these files.

I copied the files listed from the 2k18 logo folder to the 2k19 logo folder.

additionally, for the logo's to load up in the game, their ID's will need to be added to the logolist.pac file located in the pac /logo folder.

THE LOGOLIST.PAC FILE.

This file contains a list of all the logo ID's in the game. It seems logo's without their ID listed here will not load in the game. To make these placeholder logos active, we need wo add their ID's to the logolist.pac file.

First open the file in Pac editor or X-packer. Extract the 04.dat file and open it in a hex editor.

Scroll down to Offset row 000006E0. You will see a list of Hex  ID's beginning with 11 27 and ending with 88 27.

11 27 (27 11) = 10001   This is the entry for the logo file lgc610001.pac   88 27 (27 88) = 10120 . This is the entry for the logo file  lgc610120.pac.

If we are adding additional logo's ,the lgc610055.pac ( id 10055) will be 27 47 in Hex 10056 2748 etc    27 58 will be 10072.

Here is a screenshot of the 04.dat file with the added logo ID'S

RCp5v46.png

We will also need to change the offset byte 08 in the top row of the file from B1 to C0. This is the number of entries. Then save.

I have done this to make things easier. All you need to do is download the zip and place all the files in the pac/logo folder.

https://mega.nz/#!xvYyHA7I!kXYvK4w8R2bgokGmJDDNiZNV386y9xxf4Syd-akruTU

THE LOGOTABLE.PAC AND LOGOTABLEMENU.PAC FILES.

These are the additional files which map the logos to the showload tiles. They are located in the pac/menu/createshow folder Decompress both files.

We will start with the logotable.pac file.

Open the 00.dat file located inside it's compressed subfolder. Here is a screenshot of the file's contents.

tPKSRCu.png

Each entry is 20 bytes long just like the array highlighted. This is for the Summerslam 88 show logo. 25 is the entry number and 3B 27 is the logo ID (10043) 2B is the show intro ID.

We will add 4 additional entries for the shows in the 1st part of this tutorial.

The ID for the Saturday Night's Main Event Logo is 10043 (273A) The show intro  ID is 2A (42 in hex)

The ID for the Great Balls of Fire logo is 10096 (27 70) The show intro ID in Hex is 60 96 in Hex)

Remember we used 55 and 56 ( 37 AND 38 IN hEX) as the ID's for the custom shows WCW Thunder and Summerslam 90. Since these are custom shows without logo's in the game, we will use two of the placeholder logos. One can then inject a dds logo over the placeholder logo selected . Lets assume we want to use logo files lgc610055.pac for WCW Thunder and lgc610056.pac for Summerslam 90. 

The id's in hex will be 27 47 (10055) and 2748 (10056).

Here is a screenshot with the 4 entries added. Each entry ends in 06 00 00 00. It could also end in FF FF FF FF .

290D1or.png

The 29 , 2A, 2B and 2C which begin each entry are the entry numbers.

save and inject the modified 00.dat file with Pac Editor using the inject as ZLIB FUNCTION.

Lastly we want to add the entries to the logotablemenu.pac file. Decompress and open the 00.dat file in its subfolder

Here is a screenshot of the file.

AfFQYJt.png

Each entry is 28 bytes long . we can just highlight this set of bytes and paste write on offset 608. The SNME entry is already listed so we will add the other three.

The ID naming here is a bit different . They are in the 2100XX format. For instance 21096 (52 68) is the ID for Great Balls of Fire while 5232 (21042) 

The ID's for the WCW Thunder and Summerslam 90 logos will be 21055 (523F) and 21056 (5240) respectively. Here is the screenshot with the additional entries

7IaJRzP.png

Inject the 00.dat file back into the logotablemenu.pac file using the INJECT AS ZLIB function. Place both modified files in the pac/menu.createshow folder. Rebuild the def file and start your game.

You will see the raw placeholder logos for Summerslam 90 and WCW Thunder. What you will now do is decompress the logo files and inject your own DDS show logo's over the grey RAW logos.

tGX52K3.png

furT6y2.png

tDBmqYW.png

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 5

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to TUTORIAL: CREATE A SHOW MOD PART 2: ADDING LOGOS TO CUSTOM SHOWS WITHOUT REPLACING.
  • 1 year later...

Have you ever managed to add match-up screen the same way ?

Because i tried myself to a saturday nights maint event screen and i only managed to add a slot but the screen doesn't display.

So, do you know how to port match-up screen from older games ?

• 2 years later...

lgc5000... files are mostly misc. images, while some of the last ones are belts.

lgc6000... files are PPVs.

lgc7000100... files are superstar renders (replacing them does nothing to the actual matchup renders as far as I checked).