Trouble replacing commentators

denbigh7

Matt, I’ve downloaded both your Jesse Ventura mod and your older Gorilla Monsoon mod, but I’m having trouble installing them.

I’ve installed other mods with no problems, changing the hex id to the desired location and it always works. But for some reason, it’s not working with the commentators. 

I’m supposed to replace Saxton, Graves or Cole, correct? Is there some setting within Data Editor that I’m not selecting? Is the method for replacing commentators different than replacing wrestlers? Any help would be most appreciated. 

No, I just installed Gorilla and Jesse in the current commentators slots via the CCT, like I do with every other mod. I even took another person’s advice and made sure their numbers were changed to 06, not 04 or 02. Still not working. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

On 5/26/2019 at 6:59 AM, denbigh7 said:

it's simple you have to Remplace the files Just delete the commentators files

Saxton: CH55006

Grave: CH42606

Cole : CH15006

If you didn't delete thoses files and drag the new mods in Pac it wouldnt work because you didnt delete the old commentators

and make sure to Rebuild

• 9 months later...

Hello together!

I have to add something to this.

Or I did not understand the instructions you guys give correct, or you have just been lucky and the character files already contained the correct ID within them.

Why?

Because I found all the character files, but only Vince McMahon (young version) worked, because it lready contained the correct ID, which is that of Michael Cole (15006) the middle seat.

I had to use a Hex Editor to do the same with Jesse Ventura (giving the 42606 ID within the file) and Gorilla Monsoon (55006).

Because if I just deleted the original files and copy&paste the new ones in the ch folder, the match stopped loading.

Also just renaming the new files lead to that result.

Just my 2 cents to this topic

• Yes! 1

• 1 year later...