Adding New Renders

HanleysFramer

Hello,  this a rather brief tutorial but I don't want to fluff it with useless info. 

Renders (and many other photo assets) utilize a hashing algorithm that uniquely differentiate and identify renders, logos, and other miscellaneous textures from each other. This hash can be found in it's directory path. This would be "/LTSA/FFFFFFFF" where FF FF FF FF would be the ID. In an epk8 pac, it would look like this:

6PdNCDa.png

After some digging with a debugger, the input strings seem to follow the structure of "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typeaXXX"  for Type A renders,  "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typebXXX" for Type B renders, and " "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typeX_pX0XXX" for dlc renders. 

For example, "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typeb_p30755" identifies Lacey Evans' render from Patch 30 (the last dlc). "p30" stands for patch 30, "755" represents the slot. I've not done much testing but "XXX12" would uniquely add a render for an alternate attire (with 22 and 32 for other attires).  Alt attires can be added with the "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typeb_p30XXX0X" string. Where the final X here represents the attire slot. So, "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typeb_p3075501" would represent Lacey Evans' first ALT attiire. 

The hashing algorithm is MD5. The way the game reads this hash is it takes bytes 0x8 - 0x0B and swaps the byte order. 

ADDING A RENDER

If we wanted to add a render to slot 461, we'd need to create a string that ties it to a certain slot. For some reason, p30 seems to need to be included to add a render (unless I fucked up on my string and missed a number). Following the format I went through earlier this would be "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typeb_p30461" for a Type B render. "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typea_p30461" for a Type A render.

For a string input reading "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typeb_p30461" the output MD5 hash would be "4d5f2b166fd74ea4ba7ef44313a5516a"

We take out the bytes "BA 7E F4 43" from this and swap the byte order to get "43F47EBA". Now input these bytes into an epk8 pac after the LTSA string. The pac must (obviously) include you DDS file as the "01' file and the filename as the "00" file. 

If done correctly, it should work properly in-game. 

5yuaUTO.png

Ciampa's TypeB: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h8iguhg7k9d1902/typeb_ciampa.pac/file

Edited by HanleysFramer
  • Like 16
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Glorious 3
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 1

Awesome! So much time and headaches were caused trying to figure this out. You are an awesome addition to the community dude and I hope to continue seeing more from you.

Also if you have time I've been looking into adding onto the 2580 file or at least changing what file the animations reference. Think we can brainstorm a bit whenever u have the time to do so?

• Like 1

@HanleysFramer how did you get that MD5 hash? If I take that same string you wrote up "wwe19_singleread/texture/ssface/typeb_p30461" and MD5 hash it, I am getting a different result

yours: 4d5f2b166fd74ea4ba7ef44313a5516a

mine: 51f1a73a151a421c36f9de263ec9b52a

Yes, that would be correct. Also, I just noticed that if you copy and past the string from my thread, even though it's the same, the hash changes. So perhaps typing it up yourself would be a better idea.

This is groundbreaking stuff @HanleysFramer.Awesome. I just tried  with slot 475, generated a hash and replaced the ID for the Ciampa file you posted with it. The Render shows up on slot 475.

By the way, how did you obtain the single LTSA pac file ?

Edited by squaredcirclefan

I took a random epk8 from a character pac, changed the EMD and ID sections to LTSA and the hash, then injected a render pac to it.

• Like 1

holy shit, man. You did it. Gave this game new life lol

Is there a way to add it back into the original directory pac ?

btw the app we were using to do hashes was called mrhash.. not sure if it would generate the same codes, but it does most 

Edited by hovathagod32

• DrJoeyMagnum pinned this topic

I guess a question that I have is how did you figure out the file list with the directory? Im trying to do this with the ppv_logo but it doesn't seem to be wwe19_singleread/texture/ppv_logoXXX. I'm trying to figure out how the shdc's were named because with other assets that have images etc as directory pac files, I don't think that you can have a standalone pac/shdc like a render. I'd have to add it to the directory, which i half assed before, just didn't have the shdc name and probably file sizes at their appropriate offsets.

@hovathagod32 I'm trying to dabble with it now, but what I'm gonna attempt to do is modify a shdc with renders already in there and change the IDs to the empty slots. If it works I'll upload the template file for everyone to use.

This is the input string for Fastlane's PPV logo, "wwe19_singleread/texture/ppv_logo14". So follow that format. 

Also, I really doubt SHDC or whatever pac container matters. Both are identified the same way once the game starts and caches the files into memory. SHDC or HSPC's have hashed directories that are equivalent to the non-hashed ID strings in EPK8 containers like "EMD XXX" or "LTSA XXX". 

Edited by HanleysFramer
  • Like 1

I see it now.. Sd is ppv_logo0, raw 1 etc etc.. I'm gonna screw around with it more and see how each works. most worried about matchups because the project files seem to be important. hyped lol

Hey man just gave it a go with slot 479 and it worked! I used your Ciampa file as a template and I changed the LTSA ID to 855F8F02

lJNQalg.png

I'll work on a bunch of other slots so that way we have a full directory everyone can refer to

Edited by SimplyRipZz
  • Yes! 1