Resetting game/Uninstalling mods?

SteinerLiner

Okay, I am  sort of new to modding. I succesfully modded in Wrestlers like Test to 2k18, but they had no renders. Other times, I would accidentally mod a skin over a default superstar [Tito Santana over Sting 91] ,The only way I was able to remedy this was deleting uninstalling the ch/pac files via the custom character tools, but now I am missing 91 Sting as now as 99 sting.

Is there anyway for me to reset the game files or restore the wrestlers I accidentally deleted such as Sting 91 and 99?

Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The game boots up faster and the mods are no longer there [Tests skin is no longer over ABA Undertaker]...but

I am still missing the characters I accidentally uninstalled to remove the mods which were Sting 91,99 Sting and Rikishi. How do I restore them?

Since CCT won't replace the actual files, it will be enough to simply delete the modded files from the WWE 2k19\mods\ folder and use the Regenerate Chunk0.def function in CCT to restore the original models.
However, since CCT'S "uninstallation" process deleted (or rather zeroed out) the .pofo and .moveset files in memory/your save, you'll have to reinstall the original .pofo and .moveset files. Lucky for you you can find the default ones in Data Editorr's Templates folders. Simply install them via CCT and the wrestlers should show up again. Don't forget to save the game afterwards.

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2019 at 11:20 AM, Cave Waverider said:

Since CCT won't replace the actual files, it will be enough to simply delete the modded files from the WWE 2k19\mods\ folder and use the Regenerate Chunk0.def function in CCT to restore the original models.
However, since CCT'S "uninstallation" process deleted (or rather zeroed out) the .pofo and .moveset files in memory/your save, you'll have to reinstall the original .pofo and .moveset files. Lucky for you you can find the default ones in Data Editorr's Templates folders. Simply install them via CCT and the wrestlers should show up again. Don't forget to save the game afterwards.

Did exactly that. Adam Cole's render is gone.

7 hours ago, TheUndertaker166 said:

Did exactly that. Adam Cole's render is gone.

Since CCT seems to remove renders from the files in WWE 2K19\pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ssface\ directly (not sure why it doesn't create a copy in the mods\CCT\renders\ folder and deletes the render from there instead, I'd think that would be a good idea) when you install a custom render over an existing one, you'll have to restore those files to defaults. You could move those ltag_typ* files out of your game directory (and backup any other modded files outside of the mods folder) and have Steam verify the game files to restore those to the original files.

• 1 year later...

Hey all. I have an huge issue on my hands. I was trying to rename some superstars but was using Hxd Hex editor. Somehow I messed up my mods folder because nothing I download is showing up in game anymore. To be specific the folder I’m talking is from the path WWE 2K19>mods>SuperString>pac>string>win and the string_win folder. I’ve deleted the mods folder, uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game and reinstalled the mods folder back into the file thinking it would give me the original version. Same version still there. Any ideas to get my game back to how it was?