Noob Questions for my Plans (several Backups)

Ace_Hunt82

Hi

This is my first Text here and it may contain some major noob questions but maybe someone can answer or give suggestions on if and how this might be possible.

First off, the only thing I have "modded" so far are entrance themes with sound editor. No Superstars, Arenas, Belts etc.

So what I`d like to do is make 2 to 3 Backups of the game with different eras. For example one with modded Golden Era Superstars from 1989 to 1993. Thats when I started watching. Also I love having my own Universe then. Arenas, Belts would be awesome. I would love to do the same for the Monday Night Wars. Meaning another Backup where I replace or edit everything to WWF Vs WCW and even ECW from 1997 to 2002. Also for my actual, current Safe I would like to import all the Wrestlers that were removed from the game since 2k15 (not legends, they go in the other Backups) with entrances etc.

So, what do you guys think? Is it possible and do I need ALL the tools from the tools section?

Thank you in advance! :)

Hi man, for the tools thing, I don't know. For the 2 to 3 backups, last year with wwe 2k18 I had multiple backups, 1 for men (with a lot o njpw, roh, ecw guys), 1 for my WCW Universe and 1 for the girls. Even this year I've tried to play with different backups, someone finded in internet. So yes it's possible to play with different backups. And if you play with the superstar from the CC, no tools needed. Of course if you have modded superstars injected with tools, is to hard to switch from an "era" to another. Cuz everytime. if you need a lot of guys, you will forced to replace the others. Even if I think that if you have 100 modded superstars and plus the caws from the CC..you don't need to replace nothing. šŸ˜

Edited by rBr

Reading and following the instructions on theĀ Installing ModsĀ Wiki page is a good start.

For multiple "Era" versions of your game, you'llĀ have to have a backup of your \mods\ directory (no need to backup the whole game directory), your modded .pck files from the \sounds\ folderĀ for themes and sounds and your modded .bk2 files from the \movies\titantron\ folder for the titantrons and other videos, your Chunk0.def fileĀ and also your save game for each of your "Era".

Thank You for the replies. Sounds interesting and I will check it out! Still open for suggestions.

Also another one: Why hasn`t anybody done such a thing as a whole save file to download? I mean for other Sportsgames you can keep them updated and download all new kits etc completely.

Anyways, thanks again!

2 hours ago, Ace_Hunt82 said:

Thank You for the replies. Sounds interesting and I will check it out! Still open for suggestions.

Also another one: Why hasn`t anybody done such a thing as a whole save file to download? I mean for other Sportsgames you can keep them updated and download all new kits etc completely.

Anyways, thanks again!

It's likely due to it being aĀ lot of work and it's customary in the WWE 2k gaming community that you'd have to get permission of each modder of which you wish to release the mods for in such a patch before releasing it. It has been attempted in earlier games, not so much in the more recent ones.

In addition, a lot of the modding you need to do in these games is via saves.Ā The save games for the latest WWE 2k gamesĀ are encrypted and are bound to (and thus contain) the Steam ID and other sensitive things. If you try to use a save from another account. It won't work for that reason and might even get your account banned from 2k online features and/or Steam. It is theoretically possible to change that information, but you'd have to re-calculate the hash for the save game for the edits, which might not be the easiest thing to do and if you make a mistake doing so it could very well lead to a ban.
Although I suppose that oneĀ could work around that by adding all of the relevant modded save info (pofo, moveset, team_info, etc.)Ā to your default data that is (only!) loaded when you create a new save as well, but the moveset files are split into two each and are put together differently than in memory/the save so people would have to figure out how to port them over first.