tomwearsglasses - AEW, WWF, WCW - Showcase Mode, Dusty, Flair, Steamboat, Whipwreck, Valentine, Rection, Morris, Heenan, Hennig, Piper, Martel, Warrior, Oz, Studd, Ryzing, Mastino, Jacquelyn, Madusa, Sherri, Liz, Managers, Boss, Harts, Rick Rude RIP Flair

tomwearsglasses

Hahaha it's fun to win by default! I'll take em any way I can get em!

Perhaps then he should have the glasses and the hat for entrance only, and have them both removed for in ring wrestling attire?

Personally I'm a big fan of keeping things as historically accurate as possible, but that's just me. It looks awesome so far either way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, matt2282p said:

Kevin Owen's wears a sleeveless shirt.  And they're about the same size

Thanks - that's what I wanted to use - and it's treated me well in the past with Curt Hennig attires.  But on Dusty it has that glitch where the vertices turn into a black blob that moves around.  A lot of upper body models have trouble matching his size.  I've spent a hours looking around for other characters that have sleeveless shirts (also jackets and robes) and trying them.  But I couldn't get any to work (except the ones from the two Dusty attires, and the Mark Henry shirt you see above).  Not sure if it's fixable or not - I don't understand the bones and muscle displacement stuff well enough :(

• Like 1

Just now, matt2282p said:

Ill send a shirt object to inject in about an hour to your direct messages.  

That would be amazing.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo...definitely not gonna finish today.  But @matt2282p has been hugely helpful, and now we have a nicer shirt and hat for the Mid-Atlantic attire.  Working on a few later WCW attires now...

14ig0fl.jpg

• Like 5
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Woo 1

• 1 month later...

2058cip.jpg

Updates: Huge thanks to @matt2282p for helping me with the sleeveless shirt issue, as well as recommending a better hat object.  I just need to fix a few glitches but's pretty close now.  I'm in favor of the sunglasses again because I figured out how to get the subtle shading looking nice (it's better in motion than in the still above).

So now I'm up to the last attire I wanted to do: Greed 2001.  It's another sleeveless shirt, but with a collar and buttons.  I spent a lot of time looking around and it seems like Baron Corbin's 2016 shirt model would work (with some serious adjustments).  But I'm running into the same vertex blob issue.  Now that I know about pozzum's awesome 00CA editor - I can update the file and get it closer to working - but I'm still getting like 2-4 vertices out of place that are causing issues.  I followed Azn's tutorial, but I'm wondering if I'm missing a step, doing something wrong, or if that model just isn't meant to live on Dusty.

• Like 7
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 2

• 4 weeks later...

...Slowing inching toward finishing this.  The Mid-Atlantic attire is set - and I figured out the glitch that was making it freeze with a separate entrance attire.  Just gotta get the Greed attire working.and I'll finally be finished with this one.

• Like 2
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 2

I re-did the Greed 2001 attire from the start to try and figure out what isn't working.  I got a *little* farther this time.  Now the shirt model seems to be working completely (no weirdness) during the entrance.  But when the bell rings, it instantly pulls a bunch of the vertices to some area under the ring.  And it's the same ch file (I don't have a different entrance one set up yet).

k05b45.jpg 

Not sure if this is fixable at this point.  And I'd be fine with using a different model (if it would work) - but sleeveless, collared shirts are hard to come by.

• Like 2

Update: With some help from @JManny and lots of trial and error, I was able to get the shirt working!

I still have a lot of cleanup work to do, but this is a massive improvement from yesterday.

20l042c.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

WCW Dusty Rhodes pack finally released!  Link in first post.

WCW-Dusty-Rhodes.jpg 

Set includes 9 new attires, edited entrance video and a cleaned up version of his rare late-WCW theme song.  Huge thanks to @matt2282p and @JManny for helping me figure out how to get the shirt models to play nice!

• Like 9
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 2
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 2

Thank you very, very much for this incredible pack of Dusty Rhodes Mods. The American Dream is one of the All-Time Greats and his battles with Ric Flair (and the Four Horsemen) are the stuff that legends are made of. Can't wait to take him to the ring.

• Like 2

New project!  Working on an ECW and WCW-friendly attire for Mikey Whipwreck.  I wanted to do something "quick" and "easy" but I also want it to look authentic so I guess those words aren't allowed to apply 🤪.  As always, whenever I try to do something more complicated than changing a shirt logo everything falls apart 😢.

So - the 2k16 model only has a right kickpad, but in '99 he usually wore both.  If I copy the kick pad object in fits perfectly over the left boot in Blender.  In-game it sorta floats because the object still thinks it's attached to the right leg.  I'm wondering if there's a way to tell the kick pad object to attach to the left boot/leg?

kickpad.jpg 

Worst case scenario I can just hide the objects and put the texture over the boots.

Mikey Whipwreck released first post!

WCW-Mikey-Whipwreck.jpg 

WCW-Mikey-Whipwreck-2.jpg

Here's another entry into my never-ending quest to provide WCW-friendly attires for characters.  Sadly, Mikey didn't spend much time in WCW.  But he had a few fun matches.  And wore this sick shirt - specifically: 1999.07.26 Nitro (vs. Steven Regal) and 1999.08.21 Worldwide (vs. Villano V).

Package also includes his WCW theme song, a new custom entrance video, pofo and moveset.  Moveset is so-so, you may want to tweak it.  And if I ever figure out how to get the kickpad to work on the other leg I'll update it.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Glorious 1
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 1

Does anyone know if this corresponds to a ch model (or if it's a caw)?  Screenshot is from the 2K18 story mode.

wwe2k18glory.jpg 

More specifically, I'm looking into what my options are for in-game masks.  I'm trying to find simple mask objects with the mouth opening (like Kalisto, minus the spikes and stuff sticking out).

I'm trying to get one more classic attire pack finished for this game.  I thought it was lame that this year featured the Starrcade '83 arena (note: preview image uses the much improved version by @WhereTheFdidTheEgo) but none of the matches from it.  So I'm offering the world some more Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine attires to compensate.

piper-vs-valentine-preview.jpg

The Greg Valentine set will have three attires - Starrcade '83, Clash of the Champions XX, and Nitro '96.  One for each stint with NWA/WCW.  Conveniently, he wore the default black robe for the last two - which may or may not be the main reason why I chose them 😉.

piper-preview.jpg

Since Piper's default ring gear is basically also what he wore for Starrcade 83, I figured I'd try to do a few other Mid-Atlantic era ones.  Plan is to do Starrcade, this hilarious gem, and one more red attire (he wore it against Jack Brisco and I think Ric Flair).  In 2K20 I'll fill out the pack with late-90's WCW glory.

For people working with 2K19 models, do you re-pack them with all the textures?  Right now I'm using the 2k16 model with the 2k19 hair.  But I'd like to be able to work with models from more recent games - but the split texture files makes that challenging.

• Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 4

14 hours ago, tomwearsglasses said:

I'm using the 2k16 model with the 2k19 hair.  But I'd like to be able to work with models from more recent games

Yeah from what I know you have to extract the textures and rename them properly and repack into a 000A file.  That's the downside of using more current models..   I use 2k15-17 models almost exclusively I think I only have one mod this year that uses a 2k18 model and I've never used a 2k19 model.  2k15 to 17 the pacs are already in the necessary format.  2k16 is epk8 which is easy to manage slot numbers in hex editor.  The only downside is when I make face sculpts, which is often, I have to re animate it long form.  

A suggestion to try would be maybe start with a 16 base and maybe if you need a model thats only in new games, maybe just inject the 2k19 0000.yobj into a 16 pac.  If it warps, take the ca file and inject also.  Pretty much you repack the textures into 0a and 0c or inject the 2k19 0000 into an already formatted mod.  Good luck.  

Edited by matt2282p
  • Yes! 1

8 hours ago, matt2282p said:

Yeah from what I know you have to extract the textures and rename them properly and repack into a 000A file.  That's the downside of using more current models..   I use 2k15-17 models almost exclusively I think I only have one mod this year that uses a 2k18 model and I've never used a 2k19 model.  2k15 to 17 the pacs are already in the necessary format.  2k16 is epk8 which is easy to manage slot numbers in hex editor.  The only downside is when I make face sculpts, which is often, I have to re animate it long form.  

A suggestion to try would be maybe start with a 16 base and maybe if you need a model thats only in new games, maybe just inject the 2k19 0000.yobj into a 16 pac.  If it warps, take the ca file and inject also.  Pretty much you repack the textures into 0a and 0c or inject the 2k19 0000 into an already formatted mod.  Good luck.  

Thanks - that info is really helpful, and kinda what I was afraid of but also what I was expecting.  For me the hardest part is figuring out how to label all the texture files.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 2:42 PM, LordBarker said:

Work is looking fantastic. Thanks for your mods so far, superb as expected. 

Thanks!

I fixed the shiny hair and things have been coming together unusually well.  Should be on track to release both this weekend.

piper-red-preview.jpg 

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 2

Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine attires released - first post link as always!

This finishes up my planned set of NWA era classic match attires for 2K19.  I imagine they'll fit nicely in a bunch of @JManny's upcoming arenas :).

Gonna start planning for 2K20 projects next.  I might post another update later tonight (or soon) about ideas.

• Like 4
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 2

I really love these old schools attire mods! Quick question...

The Mid Atlantic 84 Dusty, for some reason his CH pacs are both the entrance attire. Any way to upload the in ring version?