tomwearsglasses - AEW, WWF, WCW - Showcase Mode, Dusty, Flair, Steamboat, Whipwreck, Valentine, Rection, Morris, Heenan, Hennig, Piper, Martel, Warrior, Oz, Studd, Ryzing, Mastino, Jacquelyn, Madusa, Sherri, Liz, Managers, Boss, Harts, Rick Rude RIP Flair

tomwearsglasses

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys!  Help yourselves to some WCW managers...

This is a mix of previous game ports and variations just to fill out the manager roster a bit.

Col. Robert Parker

WCW-Col-Robert-Parker-799.jpg

Start your own Stud Stable with Col Robert Parker!  Install pofo/moveset adds him as a Manager in the 799 Stevie Ray unused slot.  Attire names file unlocks the additional attires.

Attires:
01    50DF    Gold (Trim)
02    5110    White (2K16)
03    50E6    Grey
04    50DB    Brown
05    5108    Tan (2K16)

Jimmy Hart

WCW-Jimmy-Hart-798.jpg

Yeah baby, help your wrestlers make some noise by letting The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart manage them!  This is his manager attire from his run managing The Giant in late 1995, (specifically Halloween Havoc '95).  Install pofo/moveset adds him as a Manager in the 798 Marty Jeanetty unused slot.  The hair doesn't animate (it's ported from 2K15/16), but if I figure out how to fix that I'll update this.

Paul Ellering

WCW-Paul-Ellering.jpg

Ok, this was originally going have a nice suit or maybe that cool dragon gi he used to wear in the 80's, but I had no luck getting the attire objects I wanted working so I scaled back for now.  Basically, this is his 2K18 look, but with a younger scruffier face (1990-ish).  Install pofo/moveset adds him as a Manager in the 797 La Parka unused slot.  There's no Paul Ellering in the string sheet, so he just shows up as Paul.

Ted DiBiase

WCW-Ted-Di-Biase-136.jpg

You can't pull off a hostile takeover without the proper financial backing.  These Ted DiBiase files leave the default WWF Million Dollar Man attire (not included) as the primary (since it's a ring attire).  It unlocks his manager attire (labeled Nitro '96, but it's also what he wore when managing Austin in the WWF).  Also adds his black variation from Halloween Havoc 96 (2K16 DLC).  There are two pofo/moveset options - one maintains his WWF entrance and the other is an nWo style.  Both move him to the Downloaded section, and use consistent button taunts.

Work has been really been draining my time and energy recently, thus slowing my progress.  At this rate it'll probably take the rest of my natural life to finish my project end goal of making a WCW-centric version of this game 😅.  Anyways, I have a few early 90's guys and a few late 90's guys in progress.  Also gonna do some housekeeping and put out pofo/movesets for previous releases - and minor updates for some guys that are already in the game.  I'm moving all the WCW guys to the Downloaded Superstars category, and giving them consistent taunts (2K16 style).

• Like 6
  • Glorious 1
  • Woo 2

So ... I just caught up on some of the recent posts on J N/Just Not's thread.

Not sure when or if either of you will see this but thanks @matt2282p and @J N for all your awesome mods, and even more for the help and support over the years.  Hope you guys are back soon.

• Like 6

On 9/21/2020 at 2:28 AM, code44 said:

Great work Tom, I really like that Jimmy Hart.

Thanks!  Most of his outfits are specific to the person he's accompanying, so I wanted to make one that could work for basically anyone.

Minor Update!

I did some cleanup updating in the mod download folder.  Who doesn't love some nice, boring cleanup work!

Dusty Rhodes

I discovered two of the Dusty attires (Souled Out 98 and Hard Times Suit) could cause game crashes - so I fixed those.  Also reordered them so that Starrcade 85 is the default, slots 2 and 3 are nWo and Wolfpac (I'm gonna make that a consistent thing for anyone that has those attires), and repacked Dusty Rhodes '85 to the 10th slot.  Doesn't make sense for the default to not be a ring attire.  Also updated the entrance to have overblown 80's lighting, and added two more theme song options.  I can't track down the original footage to confirm but apparently Dusty originally came out to Holding Out for a Hero at Starrcade 85, which is amazing.  Plus consistent taunts, so you can signal for the bionic elbow before you hit one.

Ric Flair

Added moveset/pofo/attire_names.  Moves all of the Flair's to DLC.  Consistent taunts.  And a legit, pre-'Woo' theme song.

Ricky Steamboat

Same deal - moveset/pofo/attire_names.  Moves both to DLC.  Added two more theme song options - including the heartwarming 1992 classic Family Man.  Also, consistent taunts.  I'm all about those consistent taunts.

I'll be giving the rest of the existing WCW roster similar treatment.  Plenty of new stuff planned as well when I get more time.

• Like 5
  • Woo 3

9 hours ago, tomwearsglasses said:

... I'm all about those consistent taunts...

Does anyone actually like this weird 'any-one-from-four' taunts setup they have in this game?

Consistent taunts ftw!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 11:45 AM, El Guapo said:

Does anyone actually like this weird 'any-one-from-four' taunts setup they have in this game?

Consistent taunts ftw!

Thank you!  Nobody ever mentions it so I always wonder if it's just me.

Anyways, here's a few more:

(Big Van) Vader

Move to DLC with consistent taunts moveset/pofo.  Also added a quick port of his 2K17 Vader Time model, and an attire_names file for the two.

Bam Bam Bigelow

Move to DLC with consistent taunts moveset/pofo.  Also uploaded his WCW theme (the beautifully titled 'Skank') - which they used for him in 2K15.

Sting 91

Move to DLC with consistent taunts moveset/pofo.  Also uploaded 'A Man Called Sting'.  At some point in the future I'd like to add back Sting '88, merge these two, and use the Sting '91 slot for 94-96 attires.

Sting 98

Move to DLC with consistent taunts moveset/pofo. 

Sting 99

Sting

Move to DLC with consistent taunts moveset/pofo.  Rebranding this as a 99/2000 Seek and Destroy Sting.  Uploaded that theme, and added a new high quality Turnertron I was able to make because they used to play part of his (and only his) video during his entrance sometimes.  I also redid the lighting and timing on his entrance.  It's pretty accurate - but the Advanced Entrance seems to break the link to his 'wooo' yelling.  If anyone knows of a way to fix that let me know - otherwise I might have to put it back to a less customized state.

• Like 4

Aaaaand, here's some more (download link on first post)...

Kevin Nash

Scott Hall

Goldberg

Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson
Move to DLC with consistent taunts moveset/pofo.  Added Ricky Morton's Boogie Woogie Dancehall and three more alternate theme songs.

Diamond Dallas Page
Move to DLC with consistent taunts moveset/pofo.  Two versions of Self High Five theme.  Entrance re-timed to match music.

Sid Vicious
Move to DLC with consistent taunts moveset/pofo.  One moveset features his WWF SID entrance.  The new one is for his WCW 99-01 The Millennium Man persona.  Also added his music and a new entrance video.  If you use the new entrance, I recommend removing pac\prop\6059.pac (the SID sign).

Side note: searching through clips of Sid for the entrance video was extremely enjoyable.  I highly recommend everyone spend more time really appreciating the man that rules the world.

• Like 5

[Michael Cole voice]: "It's Boss time!!!"

Forget Sasha Banks, Bruce Springsteen, and Scott Baio.  Wanna know who's the boss?  It's Ray Traylor.

The Boss

WCW-The-Boss-238.jpg

Default installs to the first Big Boss Man (238) slot.  Includes pofo, moveset (with updated entrance), theme song, and new entrance video.  The new entrance stuff works really well together.  As always, all files linked from the first post on this thread.

Next update will be very soon, very different, and something I'm extremely excited to share with the community.

• Like 6
  • Too Sweet 2

I've been working for a while on figuring out how the Showcase files work and I'm excited to have made enough progress to share with the community.  Introducing...

WWE 2K19 Showcase: Fantasy Matches

Main.jpg

Match-Menu.jpg

Match01.jpg

Match02.jpg

Match03.jpg

This mod changes the first three matches of the Daniel Bryan Showcase to these matches:
1. AJ Styles vs Cesaro (Summerslam '17)
2. Mr. Perfect (with Bobby Heenan) vs Dolph Ziggler (Night of Champions '10)
3. The Rock vs Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania XXX)

Includes new splash screen, updated menu, new videos, and updated objective text.

What it doesn't do (yet):
- Cut scenes don't lock, so you can either skip them or they will play out but weirdly because you will have control of your character.
- You can't successfully complete Mr. Perfect vs Dolph Ziggler, because the last objective requires you to do a springboard to the apron move, which Mr. Perfect doesn't have equipped by default.  Updating the pofo/moveset doesn't seem to change the moveset within the Showcase mode, so perhaps there's a second database of character information stored elsewhere?
- Commentary still refers to original matches.  Some menu renders (i.e. show and title graphics) not changed.

If you wanna know how I made it, or if you're able to share info on the objectives/cutscenes/etc., check out the tutorial/discussion here:

I'm not the best at hex stuff, so I'm hoping that others will help figure out more of these files.

You can download this mod from the main link on the first post of this thread.

• Like 7
  • Bliss 1
  • Glorious 2

Somebody call a cardiologist, because this thread is having a Hart Attack!

WCW Bret Hart

WCW-Bret-Hart-177.jpg

Pretty straightforward port of his WCW '98 attire.  Includes entrance video, moveset/pofo, entrance, and two theme songs.

WCW Jim Neidhart

WCW-Jim-Neidhart-180.jpg

Oddly enough his WCW jacket matches Bret's, but he only tagged with Bulldog.  WCW was a strange place, more often than not.  Anyways, he also has lighter hair and goatee, otherwise it's basically the same as his game default gear.  Full package includes new entrance video (for him & Bulldog), moveset/pofo, entrance, and his '91 theme song (I think in '98 he used Bret's).

WCW British Bulldog

WCW-British-Bulldog-212.jpg

Probably the most aesthetically exciting of today's batch.  Again, new video for him & Neidhart, updated moveset/pofo, entrance, and two variations of his '98 theme song.

Whether you're in the Hart Foundation or not, you can download these from the link on the first post.

Edited by tomwearsglasses
  • Like 7
  • Glorious 1
  • Woo 1

3 hours ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Madusa Starrcade '96 Released

WCW-Madusa-Starrcade96-1.jpg

Same attire as the '99 one, but with shorter hair.  I also updated the hairline on the '99 one, and it looks more natural now.

Thanks to @swipergod for the hair suggestion, and @Fawuwu for help porting!

Just freaking awesome. I continue to get surprised by what we're able to add to this game. 96 was a good year!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

hi mate great job on all them mods  r you going to do more wcw warrior ones he like 6 of them  just asking any way take care and all your family mate and thank you for all them great mods 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to bug and hope all is well. Are any of these available for use by chance? I'm still modding mine and would love to recreate the mid to late 90's. either way good job on the mods.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

WCW Rick Rude (RIP Flair Attire)

WCW-Rick-Rude.jpg

He's Simply Ravishing! And he's ready to celebrate Halloween with a decapitated Ric Flair head dripping with blood printed on his pants! This is from Rick Rude & Sid Vicious vs. Ric Flair & Dustin Rhodes on WCW Saturday Night (September 18, 1993). I'm guessing he got this past the infamously strict early 90's Turner censors just by not telling anyone and expecting nobody to notice.

I actually tried to release this for Halloween like 3 years ago, but I didn't finish it in time and then I forgot about it for a while. But ... it's up now. I hope you find it as entertaining as I do. Also includes his WCW Simply Ravishing Theme (not quite as good as the WWF stripper music but still really really good), a custom tron, and a new matching entrance robe.

Download link, as always, on the first post.

• Like 11

• tomwearsglasses changed the title to tomwearsglasses - AEW, WWF, WCW - Showcase Mode, Dusty, Flair, Steamboat, Whipwreck, Valentine, Rection, Morris, Heenan, Hennig, Piper, Martel, Warrior, Oz, Studd, Ryzing, Mastino, Jacquelyn, Madusa, Sherri, Liz, Managers, Boss, Harts, Rick Rude RIP Flair
  • 1 month later...