tomwearsglasses - AEW, WWF, WCW - Showcase Mode, Dusty, Flair, Steamboat, Whipwreck, Valentine, Rection, Morris, Heenan, Hennig, Piper, Martel, Warrior, Oz, Studd, Ryzing, Mastino, Jacquelyn, Madusa, Sherri, Liz, Managers, Boss, Harts, Rick Rude RIP Flair

tomwearsglasses

7 hours ago, LordBarker said:

@tomwearsglasses recolouring your old WCW mods was one of those first things I did since I needed the atrocity of Terra Ryzing in my game 😁 Nice to see you are re-releasing them bud. 

After this I hope to put together some new atrocities to weigh down your roster even more 😁.

With a huge amount of help from @Fawuwu, I finally ported my 2K16/17 WWF mods to 2K19.

WWF-Mr-Perfect-Pack.jpg

WWF-Bobby-Heenan.jpg

WWF-Sherri-Martel-Survivor-Series87.jpg

There are actually a few more Sherri attires - Queen Sherri, white dress, and black dress in there as well.

I'm gonna jump around between updating/porting my other WCW mods, mixing in some new people, and trying my luck at arenas later this summer.  I'd love to get nice movesets/taunts/entrances/etc. for the WCW guys, but it'll take me forever to do that along with everything else myself so if anyone wants to contribute to that it would be amazing.

As always, download link up on the first page.  From now on I'm just gonna dump stuff into my Mega folder instead of zipping up the packs - so it'll be easier to just take the ones you want.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 2

Oh my gosh!

I didn't get into this scene until 5 or so months ago and you weren't around. I was so hoping that you'd return one day because I loved your old work - I tried my own hand to get some of your stuff to work (but I couldn't). Glad you returned!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cdiebold1 said:

Oh my gosh!

I didn't get into this scene until 5 or so months ago and you weren't around. I was so hoping that you'd return one day because I loved your old work - I tried my own hand to get some of your stuff to work (but I couldn't). Glad you returned!

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of my pre-2K19 mods require a lot of fixing up to play nice with this game.  It'll be slow going but eventually I'll get them all in here.

• Like 4

ya i am really pleased with how the mr perfects came out. it took us a lot of time to get the colors just right.  but well worth the effort the end product turned out even better than i could have expected 

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 2

Update

Flair-Screaming.jpg

Updates from the President of The United States The Company.  So ... one of the reasons why I didn't port my older mods earlier was because I was hoping to build up a huge catalog of WCW mods and then let loose a huge release all at once.  But I'm worried that if I do that I risk never finishing, because I'll either get bored of working quietly or continue to expand the scope and thus never make any progress.  So instead, I'm going to shift back to doing like a reverse-DLC situation where I release packs that slowly build toward a larger WCW experience.  Here's what I'm planning to finish and release next so that I can move on to more new stuff:

1) Monday Night Warriors
Bobby Heenan (4 attires)
Curt Hennig (10 attires)
Warrior (Halloween Havoc 98)
TBD New/Bonus

2) Before They Were Superstars
Diamond Studd
Oz
Terra Ryzing
TBD New/Bonus

3) Women of WCW
Elizabeth (10 attires)
Jacqueline
Madusa
Sherri (at least 2)

Each character will get a WCW-version pofo, moveset/entrance, attire name file (if multiple), theme music, and custom tron.

Request

I never ask for commission, payment, ad clicks, or lock down access to my mods.  But if you'd like to show your support for my contributions, I do have this one ask (and it's basically the same every year).  Between now and Friday 5/22, please to go to this 2K Community Feedback Forum...

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4378603-WWE-2K20-Feedback-Project-Top-3-Requests

...and request (1) that they make it easier to mod again, and (2) to bring back Create-a-Story.  You get to ask for three so please add on whatever else you'd like.  Here's my reasoning:
- If they keep the file structure for 2K20, we won't be able to mod ... so whether the game ends up being better or worse there won't be a modding community to support it.
- If you haven't played one of the games that had it - Create-a-Story lets you book entire show cards, script promos, and book angles across multiple shows and settings.  It essentially opens up every possibility this isn't possible through modding.  Imagine, for example, importing a file that lets you play through Wrestlemania III match by match, complete with the backstage interview segments.

Thank you for listening to my annual rant.

Edited by tomwearsglasses
  • Like 6
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Woo 1

WCW Monday Night Warriors Pack Released!
Download link in first post.  Thanks again to @Fawuwu for help with porting and updating!

Rowdy Roddy Piper

WCW-Roddy-Piper.jpg

Curt Hennig

WCW-Curt-Hennig.jpg

Bobby Heenan

WCW-Bobby-Heenan.jpg

Rick Martel

WCW-Rick-Martel.jpg

Warrior

WCW-Warrior.jpg

Here's a nice hearty helping of mid-late 90's WCW attires for ya.  Each one has a custom pofo/moveset/theme/entrance video if you want the full WCW experience.  The Warrior entrance assets work particularly well together.

Side notes on the pofo/movesets ... I hate how these recent 2K games cycle through taunts because I can never get wrestlers to do the taunt I want at any given time.  So all of my mine will have 'unrandomized' taunts.  And they will always move the wrestler to the Downloaded Superstars section so I can keep track of who's been worked on.

Also - instead of packing each wrestler in a zip or rar file I'm just gonna upload files organized into my main Mega folder starting with these.  This should make it easier for you to grab the stuff you're interested in, and easier for me to update.

• Like 16
  • Too Sweet 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1
  • Woo 3
  • KappaBrain 1

1 hour ago, swipergod said:

Congrats on these amazing mods. Love the obscure WCW attires. Plus you did a way better job on Perfect than I did. Way to go! :)

Thanks!  Especially for the big attire packs - I try to find a nice mix that covers various stages in their career.  And in general I like doing obscure attires and gimmicks because ... well .. if I don't there's a decent chance nobody will.

I saw your SS92 Perfect - I thought it came out really well!  I'm actually terrible at drawing - so for that one I got a lot of so-so screenshots from the show and tried to merge them together as well as possible into a mappable texture.  It's a little uneven, but the upside is that it maintains some of the color/brightness variation and subtle texture differences that are difficult to recreate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

WCW Before They Were Superstars Pack Released!
Download link in first post.  Thanks again to @Fawuwu for help with porting and updating!

Bruiser Mastino

Fill out your roster with WCW legend Bruiser Mastino!  Relive his legendary Saturday Night Match against Sting!  And literally nothing else...because that was his only appearance.

WCW-Bruiser-Mastino-450.jpg

Diamond Studd

Regardless of whether he's shining like a diamond or oozing machismo, it's always cool to be the Bad Guy.

WCW-Diamond-Studd-334.jpg

Oz

BEHOLD OZ!  The Great and Powerful!  If you like the movie, you'll love the guy named after the place from it!

WCW-Oz-395.jpg

Terra Ryzing

Before he was pulling the strings backstage, before he was The Game, before he was Triple H, he was still Terra Ryzing.

WCW-Terra-Ryzing-418.jpg

Each has a moveset, entrance, theme & tron...even if the actual wrestler didn't.  @Fawuwu was working on some additional attires for Studd so watch for those.  The last set I have to port is the Women of WCW, then I can start some new stuff.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 2

17 minutes ago, micencronin said:

Great work man! Please could you make a wcw billy kidman mod? :)

I'm not good at face modeling so I stick to guys that already have a PC model, or if someone else makes a character and gives me permission to use them as base.  But if someone else makes/made him I'd be down to give him a WCW attire.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Quick update on the WCW female ports - slow going do to lack of time and wanting to make sure all the ports look at least as good if not better in 2k19.  I re-did the face for Miss Elizabeth and it looks much more in line with her mid-late 90s look.  Working on Jacquelyn now - thanks to a newer version of X-Rey I was able to fix the mis-matched shine on her pants so they look way better now.  But having issues trying to give her Maryse's 2k19 top (which is a closer match to her Halloween Havoc attire) -

Jacquelyn-Issue.jpg

It seems to do that thing where it pulls some of the edges and they float behind her.  I tried fixing the muscles but the CA file for her 2k17 model (which I'm using as the base) pretty much has no data.  I'm guessing this is probably a dead end but if anyone has suggestions let me know.

Other than that the models are just about ready and I just need to make entrances/movesets for them.  Looking forward to making new things again.

• Like 5
  • Woo 1

I'm loving your WCW mods (been using Piper and Hennig a lot more lately!) and just wanted to say I cannot wait for your Miss Elizabeth ports! I've been using your old models, with skin tone fixes for personal use, but not all of them work correctly, and I'm excited about your face adjustments. Looking forward!

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the feedback everyone!

On 7/30/2020 at 11:27 PM, Clarityman said:

I'm loving your WCW mods (been using Piper and Hennig a lot more lately!) and just wanted to say I cannot wait for your Miss Elizabeth ports! I've been using your old models, with skin tone fixes for personal use, but not all of them work correctly, and I'm excited about your face adjustments. Looking forward!

Yeah...I was hoping that porting everything to 2K19 would be super quick and easy (especially since @Fawuwu did a lot of the work for me) - but between fixing glitches and wanting to tweak things I feel like I've spent as much time on the updates as I originally did making them.  Bright side is that they're at least as good if not better.  And speaking of...

Exciting update - thanks to @matt2282p fixing the issue, now Jacquelyn will have a much closer-to-accurate attire top.

20200801030828-1.jpg

I'm gonna be away from my computer for most of next week - hopefully the following week I can finish the set.  Then I can finally start new things :).

• Like 10
  • Too Sweet 1

• 2 weeks later...

Women of WCW Pack Released!
Download link in first post.  Thanks yet again to @Fawuwu for help with porting and updating, and @matt2282p for Jacquelyn's top!

Jacquelyn

WCW-Jacquelyn.jpg 

Madusa

WCW-Madusa.jpg 

Miss Elizabeth (10 attires)

WCW-Miss-Elizabeth.jpg 

Sister Sherri (2 attires)

WCW-Sister-Sherri.jpg 

All have a full moveset, entrance, pofo, theme, tron (and attire_names if there's more than one).  Jacquelyn's attire is now closer to what she actually wore at Halloween Havoc.  Elizabeth is probably the biggest trade-up from the 2k17 - I updated her face texture to look more realistic to how she did in the late-90's.  Also cleaned up some of the hair and textures.

That's the last of the pre-2K19 ports!  I have a few attire mods that I'll probably drop as they're ready.  I also wanna do some not-really-exciting organizing and cataloguing work.  And then someday I'll suck it up and try my hand at a few arenas.

• Like 5
  • Glorious 1
  • Woo 4