Port over 2K15 entrances?

Hey Yo

Next step is figuring out how UNIVERSE MODE chooses what and when which animations are used.

Like if I want to replace all the in ring shitty promos with backstage versions, I wonder if it's smarter to replace a bunch of the universe evt pacs with the backstage one, or find code somewhere and change that.

also, i can add a characters entrance attire (04) in the 0fob file, and it works,  but of course when I select another guy in game it reverts to attire 02.

Hopefully there's a trick to get it to choose attire 04 if available

Edited by JManny
  • Like 3

I'm not good at analysing, modfing or coding, but mass verification no problem 🙌

I'll try to make a proper doc and put it on googledoc in the future. It will be more simple to use than in a thread.

@JManny  your goal is completely out of my league, i cant provide any help...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JManny said:

Next step is figuring out how UNIVERSE MODE chooses what and when which animations are used.

Like if I want to replace all the in ring shitty promos with backstage versions, I wonder if it's smarter to replace a bunch of the universe evt pacs with the backstage one, or find code somewhere and change that.

also, i can add a characters entrance attire (04) in the 0fob file, and it works,  but of course when I select another guy in game it reverts to attire 02.

Hopefully there's a trick to get it to choose attire 04 if available

The problem with placing backstage scenes over the inring promo scenes is the lighting. Even by placing the effects and lights for the backstage scene on that slot. One thing to take not of is the lighting setup for backstage areas is different which I assume can't be read when it is placed in the slot for an in-ring cutscene. So until we figure out the file responsible, which I believe is the evt_data file. This has nothing to do with the arena lights as the game seems to handle lighting for cutscenes and in-ring entrances and gameplay differently.

Did you try out the 4B04 (19204) trick ? The moveset models the game uses have only inring attires (ch 19202 19212 19222 19232). Now if one of the models is duplicated and renamed as 19204, maybe the using 4B04 in the 0fop file will work . Just my theory . I haven't tried it out yet.

• Like 1

Has anyone any recording tips where I can magnify in but not reduce the quality too much, on second viewing I am unsure if using the magnifier is the best, the quality drop is significant

I tried using xbox controller recorder but the problem is the full preview only allows 30 second recording to occur which isnt enough really sadly :( 

Any tips would be appreciated.  

Go into create a video. Set it up how you want it.

Press start it will say "encoding video"

When it's done, press x for preview. It will pause when it shouldn't.

Select the video and choose edit.

Set it up how you want it all over again, press start and encode.

when done, press xbox button on controller and choose record.

Press x for preview, it should run the whole scene.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:48 AM, JManny said:

Got some more testing done.

I'll be trying to change when they are used in universe mode next.

This looks amazing!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, grayfox12 said:

Like said some time ago, the google sheet with the list of cutscenes 2k19 (WiP).

Nice one @grayfox12. You might want to notify the admins so it can be pinned somewhere on the forum for easy access.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:55 AM, squaredcirclefan said:

Nice one @grayfox12. You might want to notify the admins so it can be pinned somewhere on the forum for easy access.

Hey man, or Grayfox12 can you give me a suggestion on what is the best way to record from create a video in 1080p? 

Sorry no method for a good video 1080p.

All the people with who i have messages have the same limits.

- need of zooming the zone in CaV

- the problem of the time code this year

- the problem of the "logo button" and "currency button" on in game entrance

Nobody seems to have find a way to dodge this problems/limits, or starts to find a trail or evidence.

I dont know how to magnify the video quality, i'm more on the cut than in the top hd quality, sorry.

🤔😐

2 minutes ago, grayfox12 said:

Sorry no method for a good video 1080p.

All the people with who i have messages have the same limits.

- need of zooming the zone in CaV

- the problem of the time code this year

- the problem of the "logo button" and "currency button" on in game entrance

Nobody seems to have find a way to dodge this problems/limits, or starts to find a trail or evidence.

I dont know how to magnify the video quality, i'm more on the cut than in the top hd quality, sorry.

🤔😐

15 hours ago, Chris2000 said:

Hey man, or Grayfox12 can you give me a suggestion on what is the best way to record from create a video in 1080p? 

Hi,

There seems to be no way to show the CAV screen in full which will be the best way to record the screen in 1080p . The only way will be loading the cutscenes in Universe mode which was possible in 2k16 using a paid tool not available on this forum. Before you load the match, you could choose and participants and the cutscene number to load. I’m not sure if the 2k19 version of the tool has this feature.

Yeah, i remember this tool and all the "tension" around it.

Not a bad thing is away from the forum but, sad thing that nobody else have find a way.

I dont say it's easy, i know how analysing data and code are hard work et time consuming. Respect to all the community and free tools we have, better and better aftter each year. :yes

This year we can choose the winner of a match in universe mode.

Perhaps in some years (yeah some years i dont hope it for next 😉) we can choose the scene we want...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, grayfox12 said:

Yeah, i remember this tool and all the "tension" around it.

Not a bad thing is away from the forum but, sad thing that nobody else have find a way.

I dont say it's easy, i know how analysing data and code are hard work et time consuming. Respect to all the community and free tools we have, better and better aftter each year. :yes

This year we can choose the winner of a match in universe mode.

Perhaps in some years (yeah some years i dont hope it for next 😉) we can choose the scene we want...

What about increasing the graphics or frame rate, would that hold the graphics more closely to xbox one level when zoomed in?

I have only a GTX970, i play with graphics and frame rate adapted, but even with this configuration, when i use CaV in custom arena and CaW some time i've got freezing, or frame rate drop.

Worst in Highlight Reel in custom arena, with CaW and some managers around the ring, i have got framerate drop when i use the preview button to make capture, so i need to upgrade the speed with Vegas when editing, but that not perfect.

So for me, it wasnt a possible method, but perhaps (and i hope) your configuration is enough to make that.

21 minutes ago, Chris2000 said:

What about increasing the graphics or frame rate, would that hold the graphics more closely to xbox one level when zoomed in?

You could increase the resolution so much, that you can capture 1080p from the little box. If your monitor doesn't support such a resolution you can use DSR (Nvidia) or VSR (AMD) to set a high enough resolution and downsample it. The captured image will be the full resolution. That said, your video card will also have to be beefy enough to process such high resolutions at an acceptable framerate, of course and allow you to capture it at the same. I'd assume that would require a top-end video card to do.

Or you could try enhancing your recorded footage to look better. But there is only so much you can do with it.

• Yes! 1

37 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

You could increase the resolution so much, that you can capture 1080p from the little box. If your monitor doesn't support such a resolution you can use DSR (Nvidia) or VSR (AMD) to set a high enough resolution and downsample it. The captured image will be the full resolution. That said, your video card will also have to be beefy enough to process such high resolutions at an acceptable framerate, of course and allow you to capture it at the same. I'd assume that would require a top-end video card to do.

Or you could try enhancing your recorded footage to look better. But there is only so much you can do with it.

I have a 1050 ti in both gaming pc and laptop, is it doable with that graphics card? nvidia 1050 ti, can I ask how I would go about increasing the resolution ?

3 hours ago, Chris2000 said:

I have a 1050 ti in both gaming pc and laptop, is it doable with that graphics card? nvidia 1050 ti, can I ask how I would go about increasing the resolution ?

A 1050 Ti is closer to the low-end. But you can try nonetheless.

You'll have to open Nvidia Control Panel and enable DSR resolutions (DSR = Dynamic Super Resolution). To do this, right-click on your Desktop, select Nvidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, click on DSR - Factors, tick them all. You can also play around with DSR - Smoothness - 0% will make the image sharpest (but may show more DSR-induced artifacts), the more you use, the more blurry it will get but artifacts will be smoothed out as well. I'd recommend using no more than 20%-25%, otherwise things may get too blurry, but you'll have to try what works best for you yourself (0% might even work best for captures, depending on the capture technique, but I've never tried). Note that the more DSR Smoothness you use, the more performance it costs. On a side note, DSR resolutions cost more performance than regular resolutions of the kind.
Click Apply when you're done and close Nvidia control panel.

This will enable DSR resolutions that are a multiple of your native resolution to use in games and other Software.

Start WWE 2k19, go to Graphics Options and select the highest resolution available and see how it works. If performance is too low for your purposes, try the next lowest, an so on until you find your sweet spot.

For those with AMD video cards, the roughly equivalent feature is called VSR (VSR = Virtual Super Resolution). I don't have access to an AMD card right now, so I can't tell you how to enable that, but you should be able to find instructions on the web.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

A 1050 Ti is closer to the low-end. But you can try nonetheless.

You'll have to open Nvidia Control Panel and enable DSR resolutions (DSR = Dynamic Super Resolution). To do this, right-click on your Desktop, select Nvidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, click on DSR - Factors, tick them all. You can also play around with DSR - Smoothness - 0% will make the image sharpest (but may show more DSR-induced artifacts), the more you use, the more blurry it will get but artifacts will be smoothed out as well. I'd recommend using no more than 20%-25%, otherwise things may get too blurry, but you'll have to try what works best for you yourself (0% might even work best for captures, depending on the capture technique, but I've never tried). Note that the more DSR Smoothness you use, the more performance it costs. On a side note, DSR resolutions cost more performance than regular resolutions of the kind.
Click Apply when you're done and close Nvidia control panel.

This will enable DSR resolutions that are a multiple of your native resolution to use in games and other Software.

Start WWE 2k19, go to Graphics Options and select the highest resolution available and see how it works. If performance is too low for your purposes, try the next lowest, an so on until you find your sweet spot.

For those with AMD video cards, the roughly equivalent feature is called VSR (VSR = Virtual Super Resolution). I don't have access to an AMD card right now, so I can't tell you how to enable that, but you should be able to find instructions on the web.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/boadtnc4dn32cid/HDPVR2_20190422_1559.ts/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/adttu9ndspu2avq/HDPVR2_20190423_1159.ts/file

I have trialed two different ways, one with lower resolution of 1920 x 1080 and the other a higher res of 2560 x 1440. I also took of shadows temporarily, the frame rate is slower yes, but the quality is so much better

I created this custom res using Nvidia Control Panel as you mentioned above. I am happy with this result. 

I have two further questions. One, is there anyone who is very good at texturing I need some assistance. Second, is it possible to have matches backstage with more than two people, say 4 or 5 people?

19 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

There seems to be no way to show the CAV screen in full which will be the best way to record the screen in 1080p . The only way will be loading the cutscenes in Universe mode which was possible in 2k16 using a paid tool not available on this forum. Before you load the match, you could choose and participants and the cutscene number to load. I’m not sure if the 2k19 version of the tool has this feature.

Its still featured but it doesnt work properly in this year game unfortunately

Edited by UtlimatePiper
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, grayfox12 said:

Seems 2k doesn't fix bug and historical bug, but still to change code and screen to screw modding and video scene...

Yeah, hey man, can I ask you and others, is it possible using data editor and custom character tools to change a CAW's gender successfully? 

5 minutes ago, Chris2000 said:

Yeah, hey man, can I ask you and others, is it possible using data editor and custom character tools to change a CAW's gender successfully? 

You can change it like for any other superstar, but the CAW model will likely be messed up due to the difference in bone structure between males and females.