War Raiders entrance call name missing (PC), help

rBr

Hi guys, i just noticed that when i play with War Raiders, during their entrance the ring announcer just refer to them as "Hanson and Rowe" with no "The War Raiders". I don't now why, someone can help me? Thanks.

Edited by rBr

Hey @TheVisitorX can you help me? Through Sound editor i've find the wem file with "The War Raiders" call name, but in the game the ring announcer just refer to them as "Hanson and Rowe". How it's possible? There is a way to reinject the call name if i export and then reimport again? Please help me. Thanks

It appears that the game doesn't have those sound files mapped to the team, it has nothing to do with mods as it also happens on a clean installation of the game (without any mods), thus it's a bug in the game. You can report it to 2k and hope they will fix it, but since they usually abandon all support for these games after the last DLC is out, chances for an official fix are slim to none.

There's nothing you can do with Sound Editor about it.

The call name sounds are there and you can set it for the .team_info, but they aren't used during entrances/victories/etc..

What happens if you give a different team the War Raiders call name? Is it called properly? If it is, I suspect the .team_info setting for those two may be overridden in the sound_p30.pac or similar, perhaps @squaredcirclefan has an idea how to add the call name to it for the team. It could also be that there is another issue with it in the game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

It appears that the game doesn't have those sound files mapped to the team, it has nothing to do with mods as it also happens on a clean installation of the game (without any mods), thus it's a bug in the game. You can report it to 2k and hope they will fix it, but since they usually abandon all support for these games after the last DLC is out, chances for an official fix are slim to none.

The call name sounds are there and you can set it for the .team_info, but they aren't used during entrances/victories/etc..

What happens if you give a different team the War Raiders call name? Is it called properly? If it is, I suspect the .team_info setting for those two may be overridden in the sound_p30.pac or similar, perhaps @squaredcirclefan has an idea how to add the call name to it for the team. It could also be that there is another issue with it in the game.

Oh, ah, ok dude. Thanks. Wow, but is something that happen even to someone else? To be honest i don't remember if at first time of the dlc release the call name was in. I know the celan install thing, infact i have no mod installed, just things downloaded from the CC..is not a big problem obviously, but it make me a little bit pissed.. 😁

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

1 hour ago, rBr said:

Hey @TheVisitorX can you help me? Through Sound editor i've find the wem file with "The War Raiders" call name, but in the game the ring announcer just refer to them as "Hanson and Rowe". How it's possible? There is a way to reinject the call name if i export and then reimport again? Please help me. Thanks

Hi,

I suspect the ID for the tag name WAR RAIDERS is probably missing from the ring announcer script file. The game will only read out names with ID's in this file. Now the sound_p10 .pac file (1st DLC ) might have the ID but since it's superseded by the p30, then there will be a problem. I will have a look at some point today if I can locate the ID.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What if you was to find the the team names with sound editor and replace one of the generic ones with the war raiders audio and then make them as a team as select that team name?

@rBr what is the ID for the war raiders audio please

For Example I found in the ra_m.pck file the audio file for The Legends, replace that with The War Raiders Audio and then when you edit there team give them The Legends audio and see what happens 

Edited by Jimmycrane1986
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

What if you was to find the the team names with sound editor and replace one of the generic ones with the war raiders audio and then make them as a team as select that team name?

Yes man i had your same idea. But the fact is that i don't understand why the call name, that i've already tested and JoJo says War Raiders it's there but in game doesn't get pronounced. the ID for War Raider is 773720096 and it's in the patch_10_dialogue.pck

Edited by rBr

Success :) I took the audio of the War Raiders and injected this over The Eliminators audio and then edited their Team and gave them that team name instead because i noticed if you keep it as The War Raiders, Jo Jo just says on their way to the ring at a combined wait of 500 etc lbs and then nothing, but now I have this :)

War Raiders

also if you wish to do the same for The Eliminators just extract the wem for the war raiders and inject it over 669584082 which is for the eliminators in the RA_M.pck file :) enjoy

• Like 2

Hi @Cave Waverider, @rBr, @Jimmycrane1986, I can confirm the War Raiders team announce audio worked with the release of the Titans  DLC. The bug occurred with the last update. The culprit file is the _startup_audio_p30.pac file located in the pac/root folder. When this file is removed, the game will read data from the startup_audio_p20.pac file and the War Raiders name will be announced. However doing that will affect the ring announcer names for the rising stars DLC pack.

There is a file within it ( 0C.smcg) responsible for loading all the files in the sound folder into the game. Something seems to be wrong with the updated version of this file in the p30 file. I will look into it to see if it can be fixed, being careful to ensure it doesn't create problems with audio for the rising stars DLC pack.

In the event that it can't, I will suggest the  @Jimmycrane1986 workaround . The second tag ring announcer file " Representing the War Raiders" audio file ( ID 161898332)  also need to exported from the patch_10_dialogue.pck file and injected over the one you wish to replace in the ra_m.pck file.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Thanks 2