Alright, let's talk about last gen animations (WIP)

jakeypearce

Recently, myself and @squaredcirclefan have been looking into porting over last gen entrance animations from WWE '12 - 2K14. To cut a long story short, this is (nearly!) a possibility as you will see in these videos:

At this current moment in time, the following in relation to the entrance animation itself does not work:

• Legs
  • Finger joints
  • Facial animations

Once the above has been figured out, I shall be making a tutorial on how to port these animations over. Cheers! :)

• Like 9
  • Too Sweet 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 2
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 1

Groundbteaking stuff. We lost over 100 entrance motions in the jump to new gen so to see them potentially make a comeback is truly exciting and one of the final pieces for me to make my throwback game complete. Great work so far. 

Edited by kevan1700

Wow this is really epic if yall guys could figure out fixing the animations to the last gen entrances. So many that could be added in from LOD, Yokozuna , nWo to named a few. Excellent work guys & thank yall!

I am looking to port over old cutscenes from wwe 2k15 and wwe 2k17 but am having major trouble and need help, nothing seems to be working so far, 

k6bUjjk.png

Edited by Chris2000

Some development! :)

20190319135602_1.jpg

Unfortunately, it's not 100% perfect just yet. To get the above requires nulling certain bytes. It's fine for the stage animation, and ok for the ramp animation because the character model has to move forward. When it comes to the ring-in and ring animations, the character model never rotates at all, as you'll see in this video:

So, progress for sure. Not quite finished just yet though! I also need to work on finger joints and facial animations.

Cheers. :)

EDIT: Just realised I forgot to do the leg animation in the ring motion. D'oh!

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1

Awesome and funny. So characters can be ported too? Also are champion entrances like Kane's and the rock's possible?

Edited by JefftheHARDY

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi @jakeypearce & @squaredcirclefan, thanks for all the hard work you put in these things. Now cutting long story short. There is always a shortage of animations. I haven't checked 2k14 animations but I do have some experience with 2k20. 

They have changed 0001 part (face expressions) . Mainly what I see is they have added one more bone to the hierarchy but all other bones are there. Secondly bone header has changed. For now I have imported expression YANMs from older games of around equal length so they look alive (but sometimes they are stupid). So what the hell I am trying to say ;)

Simply speaking if there is a pattern I might be able to code that part. 

e.g. If frames are equal in length or its end can be detected and we know where the other frame is starting, and then coordinates are mentioned, we may set hip a bit higher so wrestler won't go inside ground. Now I do understand it might not be very generic but at least we may be able to set it for a particular wrestler.

Also based on guess we may only fix a number of frames based on timing information available and frame rate so only stage/Ramp area is modified etc etc . I know in case of 98% entrances sections are separate, but I love cutscenes more :) 

Similarly if some headers need to adapt certain format (using certain patterns or some lengths need to be updated after pattern adjustment)

I offer my help in this regard. But I only develop quick and dirty utilities... because I am always in a big hurry :D 

Edited by sidkaramat
  • Like 2
  • Yes! 1

• 4 weeks later...

I miss both variants of Edge and Lita's entrance it would be welcome to get those entrances back.

Both their Weekly PPV entrances from SvR 2007-WWE12 and get Edge and Lita's Wrestlemania 22 entrance back would be awesome!!

• Yes! 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...