Changing pofo and moveset ID's

denbigh7

Ok, so I'm close to understanding how to install mods, and have successfully installed a few. Still having some issues with certain mod, particularly ones without pofos and movesets.

I keep reading tutorials and watching YouTube videos, but I can't seem to find a step by step method for this question I have.

I just downloaded matt2282p's Roddy Piper mod. My understanding is that if I install the mod using the slot number 159 (which is Piper's slot number in the game) it will overwrite the Piper that came with the game. Is that correct? This is how I installed the Andre the Giant mod and it wrote over the Andre from the game. 

So, my thought was, how about I install it in a different slot? I chose to install it in the Val Venis mod slot, which is slot 788. I was able to change both .pac files of the Piper mod to 788 in the Hex editor. That was easy enough. I exported Piper's pofo and moveset from the game (at least, I think I did). And now I need to edit those files to 788 so they match the .pac files correct? How do I edit those with Hex editor? I can't find a tutorial on how to do that. 

Could someone graciously give me some info on how to accomplish that? Or, am I making this too hard by changing the numbers? Should I just be installing this is slot 159?

I'll be honest, I'm just lost on installing mods. I work daily with all kinds of tech, have built computers, and have installed lots of mods in other games. But I'm finding that installing mods in wwe2k games is literally some of the hardest stuff I've ever tried to figure out. Much props to you guys in this forum for your help and especially those who have created such great resources like Data Editor and CCT, etc. Please help me understand and be victorious in installing mods! 

You should be able to assign the pofo and moveset to any desires slot without a hex editor. Using CCT, you just chose which slot you want to assign the pofo and moveset too. As you may noticed, most pofo and move set files are not numbered but just labeled with the wrestlers name.

• Yes! 1