Match rules editing

VanilliaChoc

Is it possible to mod in elimination and double pin/submission for matches? I've been trying to enable these match rules with Wrestle+, but I'm not getting the results I'm looking for, it only enables one of the rules. Is it even possible? I know it's impossible to set these rules in an unmodded game.

You could try using Data Editor's Custom Match Editor to create/edit custom matches without some of the restrictions the in-game Custom Match Editor poses, although results may vary and it will only allow to create matches in the context of the in-game custom match feature, whereas WrestlePlus' match edit feature should be quite a bit more flexible in many cases.

22 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

You could try using Data Editor's Custom Match Editor to create/edit custom matches without some of the restrictions the in-game Custom Match Editor poses, although results may vary and it will only allow to create matches in the context of the in-game custom match feature, whereas WrestlePlus' match edit feature should be quite a bit more flexible in many cases.

I think I'm doing it wrong with Data Editor. I'm not seeing my match popup.

Did you read the Data Editor Tutorials on the Topic and install the custom match to the game as described there?

If you did, you might have used a Match Menu/Match Type combination that the game doesn't support. It's probably easiest to create the Custom Match via the in-game editor first, then Edit the .match with Data Editor using CCT.

Yeah, I've been following the wiki for this, but I think the combination I'm trying to create is impossible for the game to read? I don't know how it fully works.

When I go to inject the match I made in Data Editor to CCT I'm just given the option to import, I click Yes and then nothing happens. WrestlePLUS just says PAC loaded too and I don't see anything different there. The name doesn't change, nor do I see it ingame when I go to custom matches. All I'm trying to create is a 6-man match with double pin/submission and elimination enabled. I don't think it's possible.

The match I'm trying to make: Omg3Pir.png

Edited by VanilliaChoc

I just tried with your exact settings and it showed up under custom matches in the game no problem. Not sure if it does what you want it to do, but anyway.
Are you sure CCT, Data Editor and the game are up to date and that you are trying to inject it while the game is running? Double-check in CCT under Settings if your game directory is set correctly as well.

Also, if you are using a combination of settings that isn't available in the game, don't edit the match options in the game, or it will reset them. Just load it for the match and it should work fine in most cases.

If that doesn't help, try using it without WrestlePlus/Match Edit running, while I don't think there should be a conflict, you never know.

4 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

I just tried with your exact settings and it showed up under custom matches in the game no problem. Not sure if it does what you want it to do, but anyway.
Are you sure CCT, Data Editor and the game are up to date and that you are trying to inject it while the game is running? Double-check in CCT under Settings if your game directory is set correctly as well.

Also, if you are using a combination of settings that isn't available in the game, don't edit the match options in the game, or it will reset them. Just load it for the match and it should work fine in most cases. 

If that doesn't help, try using it without WrestlePlus/Match Edit running, while I don't think there should be a conflict, you never know.

CCT, Data Editor and my game are all up to date, and yes I'm trying to inject this custom match while I have the game running.

Here's what I'm doing:

Step 1. I open up Data Editor

Step 2. I make sure my game directory is correct before I go to the match tab 1FKA0lQ.png
Step 3. Load .match file like suggested in the wiki, set the match ID and create all of my rules. Click save.match file

Step 4. I'm trying to install the .match via CCT. It opens up CCT and gives me the option to import, however, nothing changes when I click yes, nor does anything pop up in game. When I try to send to WrestlePLUS nothing happens. I'm just staring at WrestlePLUS's menu.

Here are two screenshots of me trying to install via CCT. As you can see nothing changes.

Before: vcYEZuf.png

After: QdAY0Ri.png

No changes, nor do I see the custom match I just made ingame.

Here's my CCW directories: L9flok9.png

I'm not sure where Data Editor's directory should be. Every option I try tells me that's not the right path.

It seems CCT isn't injecting your data properly for some reason. Since you seem to be getting an error with the save game backup (you either don't have proper Windows User permission, the drive where your save game resides doesn't have enough space left or similar), try unticking the Savegame Backup feature and try again.

As for the Data Editor directory, it should be wherever you installed Data Editor to (where the Data Editor.exe file resides), but that should only matter if you send data from CCT to Data Editor. However, if you have Data Editor in your C:\Program Files (x86)\... folder as well and you aren't able to set it in CCT, it does hint towards a Windows User Permission issue, too, and/or that CCT isn't running as Administrator.
Perhaps you could also try to turn UAC off and change your Windows User account to an Administrator account and try again (if you have Administrative Access to the PC, that is). Or you could try claiming ownership. Please search the web on how to do these things.

20 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

It seems CCT isn't injecting your data properly for some reason. Since you seem to be getting an error with the save game backup (you either don't have proper Windows User permission, the drive where your save game resides doesn't have enough space left or similar), try unticking the Savegame Backup feature and try again.

As for the Data Editor directory, it should be wherever you installed Data Editor to (where the Data Editor.exe file resides), but that should only matter if you send data from CCT to Data Editor. However, if you have Data Editor in your C:\Program Files (x86)\... folder as well and you aren't able to set it in CCT, it does hint towards a Windows User Permission issue, too, and/or that CCT isn't running as Administrator.
Perhaps you could also try to turn UAC off and change your Windows User account to an Administrator account and try again (if you have Administrative Access to the PC, that is). Or you could try claiming ownership. Please search the web on how to do these things.

Haha, wow. It turns out disabling save game fixed my issue. I honestly never noticed that error notification until you pointed it out.

Unfortunately, it looks like the match I'm trying to create ends up breaking the AI. After they get pinned once they kinda just stand there not doing anything.