TUTORIAL : Assigning ring announcer call names to custom superstar slots .REVISED.

BlindedByTheGrace

15 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

In the header section, can you change the 3001 to 28 01 , then change the 40 09 to 50 09 and test ?

That seemed to work.  I only tested the last line and he was announced.  So what would I do everytime I add someone now to those strings?

• Like 1

Just now, myk13 said:

That seemed to work.  I only tested the last line and he was announced.  So what would I do every time I add someone now to those strings?

When you add the next ring announce slot, add 1 to the 28 01 which will become 29 01 and subsequently 2A 01, 2B 01, 2C 01,2D 01,2E 01 2F 01,30 01.

When you add 2 new entries , change the 50 09 to 60 09, next 2 , change to 70 09, then 80 09, 90 09,  A0 09, B0 09 etc.

You will need to be carful you are adding properly in Hex or else when you put in wrong values, it affects how the game will read the data.

In hex, the number after a 9 is A not 10.

• Like 1
  • Woo 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for these tutorials! This is my first time ever trying to mod a game and this forum is a Godsend for us Noobs.

Trying for a couple weeks to get these working but I don't want to bother anyone. I'll keep at it! 

The mods make this game sooo much more enjoyable and realistic

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CaptainDClarke said:

Thank you so much for these tutorials! This is my first time ever trying to mod a game and this forum is a Godsend for us Noobs.

Trying for a couple weeks to get these working but I don't want to bother anyone. I'll keep at it! 

The mods make this game sooo much more enjoyable and realistic

Hi.

Good stuff. If you have any issues or any part of the tutorial you don't understand, you can send me a private message.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, I'm at the part where I added John Morrison's slot ID 551, converted it to 227 (Hex) and it's 27 02. 

I also added Darren Young's RA ID of AE 77 43 70. That was the easy part. 
https://imgur.com/4Xq8IxI

Now...when I scroll down to the footer, like the instructions say, I get this: 9CA0 
https://imgur.com/IC5PDjr

When I get back to the top...
https://imgur.com/87iSMKq

I don't see anything like it? 

I'm so close I can taste it, but I'm stuck. 

2 hours ago, CuddlyCorey said:

Okay, I'm at the part where I added John Morrison's slot ID 551, converted it to 227 (Hex) and it's 27 02. 

I also added Darren Young's RA ID of AE 77 43 70. That was the easy part. 
https://imgur.com/4Xq8IxI

Now...when I scroll down to the footer, like the instructions say, I get this: 9CA0 
https://imgur.com/IC5PDjr

When I get back to the top...
https://imgur.com/87iSMKq

I don't see anything like it? 

I'm so close I can taste it, but I'm stuck. 

Hi,

You seem to have got the steps wrong from the onset. You’re editing the wrong file.

You are to extract the 0015.rass file from the C8.pac and open in HxD.

You might want to go through this video tutorial which outlines the steps.

2 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi,

You seem to have got the steps wrong from the onset. You’re editing the wrong file.

You are to extract the 0015.rass file from the C8.pac and open in HxD.

You might want to go through this video tutorial which outlines the steps.

OMGwd...I noticed it right after I posted my topic. (D'uh...huge forehead slap)..

I'll watch the video. Thanks again for the replies!

Sincerely, 
Idiot 

• 3 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

As promised, I am putting up a tutorial about editing the ring announcer data file. I will try to break it down as much as possible.

The sound.pac file contains commentary data, ring announcer data and some other bit, some which I;ve not been able to decipher, but I will share what I have already discovered or what I know.

With the dlc releases , the sound_p30.pac file in the pac/audio folder will supersede the others, so we want to edit this file rather than the sound.pac file. I will outline the steps and some explanations below.

TOOLS REQUIRED : Pac Editor, HxD.

CCT - You need to open CCT so you can look up the ch ID's of each character slot which you will need to convert to hexadecimal using the windows calculator set to programmer mode.

I will also assume you know how to use pac editor and its decompress\reinject functions.

It is also assumed you know how to convert decimal ID's to Hexadecimal and vice versa using the Windows calculator.

Here is a copy of an un modified sound_p30.pac file https://mega.nz/file/RQwQ3YwR#fXaUytSvEsySzs6yTOcBt1ehG7QqaaW2JNiZ07UiP9k

1. Open the file using Pac Editor. Click on MASS EXTRACT to decompress all it's contents.

kndn8f9.jpg

2. browse into the folder and subfolders created. You will need to open the @0BFD09BF523F7140.pac folder

So umm...Either my PAC editor is broken, or I'm a complete idiot. 

When I click on "mass extract" the whole pac editor goes into "not responding" and just sits there. 

I've got back ups of the sound_p30.pac files. I have the original that came with the game. I have my file that I am currently using. I've even downloaded one of the net. NONE seem to want to open. 

So I figure it's something with my editor. I even downloaded a new one and re-installed. 

Am I missing something? 

Hi,

15 minutes ago, CuddlyCorey said:

So umm...Either my PAC editor is broken, or I'm a complete idiot. 

When I click on "mass extract" the whole pac editor goes into "not responding" and just sits there. 

I've got back ups of the sound_p30.pac files. I have the original that came with the game. I have my file that I am currently using. I've even downloaded one of the net. NONE seem to want to open. 

So I figure it's something with my editor. I even downloaded a new one and re-installed. 

Am I missing something? 

Hi,

You need to copy and place a copy the sound_p30.pac file in a separate folder on your drive and edit that copy. It seems you have opened the file in the pac\audio folder and pressed MASS EXTRACT. Pac Editor will attempt to decompress every file in that folder.

Its best  to create a new folder , place a copy of the file in that folder and edit there. When you are done, place the modified sound_p30.pac file in the pac\audio folder.

57 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

Hi,

You need to copy and place a copy the sound_p30.pac file in a separate folder on your drive and edit that copy. It seems you have opened the file in the pac\audio folder and pressed MASS EXTRACT. Pac Editor will attempt to decompress every file in that folder.

Its best  to create a new folder , place a copy of the file in that folder and edit there. When you are done, place the modified sound_p30.pac file in the pac\audio folder.

Oooh! Ok, I'll try that! THANKS! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, me again...*groans* 
I swear, I am reading and following this topic to the T, but I'm having an issue. When I open up my 0015.rass of my soundp30 file (which is what I am using now, no issues)...this is what I see for the header (Header 1) and the footer (footer). 

When I get to the last step: "After entries are added , you need to modify two data values. First, you need to scroll to the footer of the file and look up the last offset row. This will change after new entries are added. from this sheet, the last offset row is 00000840. We note down the value 840 ( we will flip the bytes as 40 08 when modifying)" 

What do I do? It says 09 20 in the footer....but, it's already at 30 09 in the header? Do I change it 20 09 (which I did, didn't work) or do I go 31 09? 

I'm kind of lost. 

Header 1

footer

header 2

• Like 1

Hi,

You can leave it at 30 09. The total entries is 124 . Change the 25 01’at the right of the header to 24 01.

Are you experiencing any issues with the ID’s added bot working?

10 minutes ago, CuddlyCorey said:

Hi, me again...*groans* 
I swear, I am reading and following this topic to the T, but I'm having an issue. When I open up my 0015.rass of my soundp30 file (which is what I am using now, no issues)...this is what I see for the header (Header 1) and the footer (footer). 

When I get to the last step: "After entries are added , you need to modify two data values. First, you need to scroll to the footer of the file and look up the last offset row. This will change after new entries are added. from this sheet, the last offset row is 00000840. We note down the value 840 ( we will flip the bytes as 40 08 when modifying)" 

What do I do? It says 09 20 in the footer....but, it's already at 30 09 in the header? Do I change it 20 09 (which I did, didn't work) or do I go 31 09? 

I'm kind of lost. 

Header 1

footer

header 2

8 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

You can leave it at 30 09. The total entries is 124 . Change the 25 01’at the right of the header to 24 01.

Are you experiencing any issues with the ID’s added bot working?

Well, I'm not getting any issues. I have Kenny Omega and it's working and some other characters. So, that's why my soundp30 is different than the vanilla. 

I was following closely at how you did yours and when I see the 0920 on my footer and my header says 30 09...that's how I got confused. Not sure how to edit/change it. 

How did you get the total entries? Is that just the max? 

Any by "adding" a sound/character/whatever, aren't I supposed to add a number to make it 26 01? Are you saying I should go lower to 24 01?

6 minutes ago, CuddlyCorey said:

Well, I'm not getting any issues. I have Kenny Omega and it's working and some other characters. So, that's why my soundp30 is different than the vanilla. 

I was following closely at how you did yours and when I see the 0920 on my footer and my header says 30 09...that's how I got confused. Not sure how to edit/change it. 

How did you get the total entries? Is that just the max? 

Any by "adding" a sound/character/whatever, aren't I supposed to add a number to make it 26 01? Are you saying I should go lower to 24 01?

You are using a modified sound_p30 with has some entries added for a few superstars. I added data for an additional entry which I removed but didn’t update the rass header. 
To get the total entries, I look at the last offset row which reads 92.  The entries in both the left and the right column end in 92, so I add  92+92 using a hex calculator or the windows calculator in programmer mode. 92+92 in hex gives 124. 

• Too Sweet 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've started fooling around and trying to use your tutorials. Always appreciated! I think this is about the only aspect of 2k19 that I've not modded. In ways, I wish we had a default file that someone would willingly share that has all of the mod slots linked to a sound in the pac file. Would make it easier for the community if they could just download a pre-modded file and then all they'd have to do is go in and replace sounds using sound editor (because some people use different slots). Just some random thoughts.  Great work on these! 

8 minutes ago, jamesmichaels said:

I've started fooling around and trying to use your tutorials. Always appreciated! I think this is about the only aspect of 2k19 that I've not modded. In ways, I wish we had a default file that someone would willingly share that has all of the mod slots linked to a sound in the pac file. Would make it easier for the community if they could just download a pre-modded file and then all they'd have to do is go in and replace sounds using sound editor (because some people use different slots). Just some random thoughts.  Great work on these! 

Hi,

it’s a good suggestion . The problem is there are only about 38 ring announcer ID’s for removed superstars we can use out of the 100 above extra character slots available so there aren’t enough to go round. 
Modders will have to assign these ID’s to the slots they want at their own discretion.

• 3 months later...

I am wanting to have Sgt. Slaughter use the slot for RVD. Slaughter's slot is 781, which is 30D in hex. Reversing it would be D3 00, correct? I have followed the steps in the first post but I'm not hearing anything come through in game. Can anyone give any troubleshooting tips?

Here is what the 0015.rass file looks like, specifically where Slaughter's announce slot would go: https://imgur.com/a/Fa03pdM

I imported Slaughter's ring call in the RVD slot in Sound Editor. Not sure what I'm missing... any tips would be greatly appreciated!

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolCool84 said:

I am wanting to have Sgt. Slaughter use the slot for RVD. Slaughter's slot is 781, which is 30D in hex. Reversing it would be D3 00, correct? I have followed the steps in the first post but I'm not hearing anything come through in game. Can anyone give any troubleshooting tips?

Here is what the 0015.rass file looks like, specifically where Slaughter's announce slot would go: https://imgur.com/a/Fa03pdM

I imported Slaughter's ring call in the RVD slot in Sound Editor. Not sure what I'm missing... any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hi.

781 is 30D but it is written as 0D 03 rather than D300 which is 211. The screenshot shows the position where the bytes are placed TKSQFfe.jpg

One more question, sorry.. the previous attempt with Sgt Slaughter worked. Now I am trying Hollywood Hulk Hogan and am confused on the hex reversal... it's slot 476, which in hex is 1DC. So would that be written as CD 01, or 0C D1?

3 hours ago, OldSchoolCool84 said:

One more question, sorry.. the previous attempt with Sgt Slaughter worked. Now I am trying Hollywood Hulk Hogan and am confused on the hex reversal... it's slot 476, which in hex is 1DC. So would that be written as CD 01, or 0C D1?

Hi, Its written as DC 01. First what you do when you convert is to add  a zero behind to make it 4 digits . so 1DC becomes 01 DC. You have two sets of two bytes, 01 and DC.

When you reverse you take the bytes in a pair  , which becomes DC 01 .

A few examples to help.

106 in hex is 6A. Add two zeros to make 4 digits -  00 6A. Then reverse the bytes becomes 6A 00.

6145 IN HEX IS 1801. Since there are already 4 digits, you don't add any more zeros. The pairs are 18 and 01. reverse the bytes and write as 01 18. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi, Its written as DC 01. First what you do when you convert is to add  a zero behind to make it 4 digits . so 1DC becomes 01 DC. You have two sets of two bytes, 01 and DC.

When you reverse you take the bytes in a pair  , which becomes DC 01 .

A few examples to help.

106 in hex is 6A. Add two zeros to make 4 digits -  00 6A. Then reverse the bytes becomes 6A 00.

6145 IN HEX IS 1801. Since there are already 4 digits, you don't add any more zeros. The pairs are 18 and 01. reverse the bytes and write as 01 18. Hope this helps.

This is perfect! That's where I was getting confused, I was adding the 0 to the very end, as well as reversing the individual pairs. Thank you again!