Hometown Announce Workaround in entrances for Modded Superstars

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

I've been looking into this issue lately which has been documented in wwe 2k18 and wwe 2k19. What happens is the game resets the hometown announce data when the game is restarted after installing a moveset file. This also creates an issue when you are replacing characters and you need to change the hometown data for an in-game superstar to match that of the modded superstar. 

I found out a few things :

The default hometown data for each in-game superstar is located in the profile_dat.pac file located in the pac/profile folder This file also contains other pofo data for each character. The game reads this file for the hometown data. This data can be modified and changes will be made in the game which are not stored in memory.

The modified profile_dat.pac file by @Perfectplex contains data for additional character slots. The slot for hometown data is blank. When these blocks are populated, the game reads the data for the character slot. ( I will explain further in a tutorial)

The announce name for each in-game character is stored in the sound.pac file. When this data is deleted for any character, the character name during the entrance and victory will not be announced , however the commentary will remain.

What I have done at the moment is add the hometown data in hex to slots 468 and 475 (CM Punk & Hulk Hogan ) in @Perfectplex 's modded file. This file is placed the mods folder under the perfectplextra feature when it is installed through Custom Character tools. 

I will put up a tutorial after a few more tests.

I have uploaded a link to the modified file. You can place this file in your mods folder and rebuild the def file. If you have CM punk and Hogan on slots 468 and 475, you will notice the hometown is announced during their entrances. You can restart the game and it will still work as the game does not need to read the data from memory.

https://mega.nz/#!w74xzCiA!co5jEvSEuwxPFYXG_PQLTJR8Omb6kh-Z4gPwuxFuUdo

Please do let me know the results.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Glorious 1

6 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I'm working on a way to set this automatically when someone injects a new pofo with CCT (only for users who have installed PerfectPlextra via CCT).

That will be great. I thought so the could be a way to inject the hometown data into the additional slots in the profile_dat.pac file

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to Hometown Announce Workaround in entrances for Modded Superstars
7 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I can proudly announce that the CCT version, expected to be released tomorrow, will automate this feature if Perfectplextra is installed via CCT. :)

Brilliant man. That's good news. One little 2k headache sorted at last.