Changing Menu Background

Danybarking

Hey I wanted to change the menu white background, likely to something NXT based to match my new menu music. But I don't know what to do.

I think I've found the file I have to edit or save over. But that's basically it.

Does anyone know where I might find a tutorial or can anyone tell me how I can put my own image in. (I'd preferably edit the existing one or a template somebody has already done so all I need to do is get the image made and save).

Bear in mind, if I need to do anything involving a dds file which I suspect it might be I won't know the steps to convert to and from to edit on Photoshop either. Fairly new to modding in general until buying WWE 2K19, but I've got music and wrestlers in game. Now I'm on to the menu and then try to sort some titantrons.

With Photoshop with a DDS plugin (Or Paint.NET or GIMP with DDS plugin), create an image with this resolution : 2048px ; 1024px. Save it as a DXT 10 DDS. 

Then convert it as an .oodl file with Oodl Tool.

Then go to pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_texture and open "ltag_menu_bg_win.pac" (make sure to backup this file) and replace 0001.oodl with the one you created.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MajorPayne said:

tried to install but my Norton says file remove .

do you know where the royal rumble dds files for the clock are located . I want to change the dds file.

Try to add it in your exceptions.

Nop sorry.

• Thanks 1

I made a quick test pic in photoshop with a filter on it, put it through Gimp, and put it in game and the background is just black and the floor area is white. Looks kinda cool but the filter didn't carry over. Any one know the reason for that?

• 2 months later...

Hi have a question, that kinda has to do with this topic.

So you know that when you, let's a go from the main menu in, let's say "create a wrestler" the game shows you a wrestler with some sort of backround story written, next to it. Does anyone of you where that stuff is located? I want to get rid of it

Edited by noobmodder

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, SeeFusion said:

With Photoshop with a DDS plugin (Or Paint.NET or GIMP with DDS plugin), create an image with this resolution : 2048px ; 1024px. Save it as a DXT 10 DDS. 

Then convert it as an .oodl file with Oodl Tool.

Then go to pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_texture and open "ltag_menu_bg_win.pac" (make sure to backup this file) and replace 0001.oodl with the one you created.

How do you exactly replace the 0001 file? If i inject it, the 0000 and the 0001 files both disappear and the game crashes...

On 6/5/2019 at 3:27 AM, noobmodder said:

Hi have a question, that kidna has to do with this topic.

So you know that when you, let's a go from the main menu in, let's say "create a wrestler" the game shows you a wrestler with some soft of backround story written, next to it. Does anyone of you where that stuff is located? I want to get rid of it

It's with all the other text from the game in the Sting.pac file. I blanked all mine out by basically noting down how one of the story-things started, then searching for that particular string with WrestleMINUS.

That lead me to all of them, where I just replaced each with a space