TSK

My new CM Punk caw is now available for download on CC. All textures were done by me. Full moveset is included. As for the moveset, I got it as close to realistic CM Punk as I could. It may or may not be updated sometime in the future, but it probably won't be. The only thing I feel like I could have done better on is the eyes. At some camera angles they just look weird to me for some reason. Tags are ThatSkynyrdKid70, Punk and Pipebomb. Tags are case sensitive. My PSN ID is ThatSkynyrdKid70.

z87WnLR.pngeZgksb4.pngH2P2O45.jpgDA5MNXX.jpgLk0Jz9Q.jpg89kpjzB.jpg6LafL2R.jpgVhPR412.jpgAcHucsn.jpgOvFRb35.jpgNL4Lmag.jpgBf9mUT8.jpg

Anyway, I hope you guys here enjoy this. I've been working on this for about 3 days now. And yes, that is an entrance video, well, sort of. What it really is is a series of screenshots from his entrance video done by uploading them as a texture, applying them to the ring mat in create-an-arena, playing a tables match, having both opponents exit the ring, save it as a highlight reel and place the camera directly over the mat. I originally thought that I thought this up myself, but after doing a google search, it turns out it was already discovered by Smacktalks himself on 2K18. lol

EDIT: Sorry it took me so long lol, but it turns out the custom Entrance video doesn't show up for other users, so that sucks. Apologies for that. :p

Edited by TSK
Update regarding entrance video
  • Like 2

I think it sort of depends on what you want to hear. Assuming you're new to CAWing, it's not a bad effort at all, but if you want to get better at this, he needs a lot of work. Bear in mind I'm not saying this to insult you or to tear your work down; truth be told, I'm not the best at morphing and such myself in spite of my years of doing this. The video thing is super slick, and the attires and tats look great. He's a little too skinny, I think. But the face has issues. 

Here's what I do when I'm being troubled by a face:
344xsp2.jpg

If you look at them side-by-side, you can see that there are lots of issues. 

1. You made his head too tall
2. His skull shape is wrong
3. His eyes are the wrong shape, are a little too big, aren't the right color
4. His eyebrows are wrong
5. The nose size is pretty close, but the shape isn't
6. His cheek/chin/jawline shaping is wrong
7. His lips are too thick and the spacing from is nose-to-mouth-to-chin is wrong
8. It doesn't appear you used a face texture, but you over-aged his forehead. He has creases, but not that prominent. 

With some tweaking, you could be doing well here, but Punk is someone I never try to do myself because there are always a number of amazing ones. I think the one I downloaded was made by Crow-- I'd have to check. Punk has a very distinct face, though (there's a great deal of expression in his eyes/eyebrows, for example). It'd be hard to make him right, I'd think, without his eyebrows being a texture. The one time I tried to make him, I had to texture his eyes, too, to get the wrinkles and eye-bags to look right. 

I'd recommend finding a good face texture and taking a look at more reference pictures/tweaking. He's got sort of a "face is too small for his head" look in this incarnation that you could easily fix by tweaking his head shape and size. 

I hope that helps-- again, not trying to be overly critical. You should see how horrifyingly bad I've done with a few (I deleted my Dalton Castle last week because I was just totally mortified by how bad he was looking, and my Brian Cage is just atrocious). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ravenos said:

I hope that helps-- again, not trying to be overly critical. You should see how horrifyingly bad I've done with a few (I deleted my Dalton Castle last week because I was just totally mortified by how bad he was looking, and my Brian Cage is just atrocious).

lol

But thanks for the feedback anyway. I was already aware before posting this that it wasn't the best one I could have done. The only real reason for that is that I've only just gotten 2K19 for Christmas, and some minor things are done differently from 2K18, which is what I'm (for the most part) used to.

On the part of "assuming you're new to CAWing," you could say that in a way. lol. When you get technical, I'm not really new to CAW making. I've been making CAWs since roughly 2013, and I feel like over the years I've gotten much better, but I'm still not the best by any means. lol. In my point of view on specifically this CM Punk, this was at it's best an "initiation caw," if you will. The main point of this one wasn't to make it look super good, but to get a hang of any new changes or additions added on since 2K18.

And when you really get in my head skill wise, I've never been too great on the CAW side of things to begin with. I mostly stick to making arenas, since that what I'm actually really good at. I remember a few years ago I made a pretty good 2002 Raw arena on 2K15 (the 360 version), and it got around 250 downloads, and I didn't even post it anywhere. I was absolutely amazed. lol.

But despite all this however, my New Year's resolution for 2019 is to make and upload a lot more CAWs, and definitely get better at it.

In the end though, if you were wondering, at some point (maybe around february or so, I'm not quite sure when yet) I am going to make an updated version of this addressing all the problems I was already aware of, as well as the problems that you, CawmunityCre8ion, and Ashhole mentioned. (When I first read his reply, I read his username as Asshole. lol. You could imagine how confused I was until I noticed the H.)

Once again, thanks for all the feedback everybody!

Edited by TSK

• 2 months later...

Honestly Tim if I were  you I'd    totally  scrap the current  face and  restructure it  from using  this  as  your  face  texture :

as  that current  face photo   is  really killing  this  atm.  RyeeDee86  created the  texture  and  said as long as he's  credited  for it he'd be  cool with you using it    If  you  need  further  assistance   just give a holler either here or on PSN

1692h54.jpg

Edited by Cawmunity_cr8on
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, Kawwun said:

Attires are nice, face looks nothing like Punk.

Work on the ears,the eyebrows, the mouth,the jawline , the cheeks.. heck, everything.

Just completely scratch the facemorph and re-do it imo.

On 3/21/2019 at 4:24 PM, Cawmunity_cr8on said:

Honestly Tim if I were  you I'd    totally  scrap the current  face and  restructure it  from using  this  as  your  face  texture :

as  that current  face photo   is  really killing  this  atm.  RyeeDee86  created the  texture  and  said as long as he's  credited  for it he'd be  cool with you using it    If  you  need  further  assistance   just give a holler either here or on PSN

Thanks, guys. I've been planning on updating him for a while, and even making some other caws, but I've been busy with other stuff. I haven't even logged in here in over a month. I need to get back into the game. lol

As for the morphing, I'm probably just gonna redo the morphing all together rather than just the facemorph. I'm also planning on re-doing his boots and pants as they're kind of garbage.

I'm also kind of content on using my own face textures. I'm most likely gonna make a new face texture anyway, but if it still ends up looking like crap I'll use that RyeeDee texture. I think this time around I'll mirror the texture in PS rather than the in-game utility.