Glitch with TLC/Ladder/Table matches in modded arenas

WhereTheFdidTheEgo

I've noticed that in a lot of my modded/ported arenas there is a glitch when I play any 3 of those game modes, either the ladder or table fades out at the beginning of the match, then it lays flat on the floor and constantly fades in and out existence for the duration of the match(not able to pick it up, it's like the game is constantly trying to generate it or something every couple of seconds, or maybe is trying to generate two different things at once..), if you try set up or drop any weapon in this area it instantly breaks/disappears... I've tried to copy multiple sized portions of misc01 hex from another arena entry that works fine, I've tried to rebuild the shdc for the /entrance file with the 047E and 047F files from 2k19, and also tried to match up the numbers in the initposition.pac file, but nothing has worked so far, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Edit:  I also tried to replace the C351 file in the /entrance .pac with one from an /entrance that works fine, still has the same issue..

Edit 2:  I've tried to rebuild the /entrance shdc using different 03DA, 03D9, 047E, and 047F files from 2k19, I've also tried to rebuild the shdc, including the 04B0 and 04B1 files from a working 2k19 /entrance, still the same result...

Edited by WhereTheFdidTheEgo

@hovathagod32  I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this glitch seems to also show up in your WCW Thunder '98 arena(just tested it on a fresh install), Titavius' 2k18 Attitude Era pack seems to work fine, so it must be an issue with 2k19, this game absolutely hates it when an arena is replaced.  Even when I just replaced modern raw with the 2k19 Raw is War, the titantron doesn't work in it anymore, BUT the TLC/Ladder/Table matches seem to work fine in that one, so I'm hoping it's just a file in the /entrance that needs to be replaced or maybe added to the shdc.  I'm going to compare the 2k18/2k19 /entrance files later and tinker with it, If that doesn't work, I was thinking that maybe using one of the "hidden/locked" slots in the misc01 instead of replacing arenas would remedy it, I just need to figure out which ones are truly unused by the game, last time I tried to mess with those manually I somehow put an invisible ring in the backstage area :D  Anyways, just wanted to let you know, have a good one.

I'll look into it. The titantron thing is probably a byte on the 02. Compare RIW and Halloween Havoc to modern stage

Just noticed it in Thunder.. I don't have that issue in Starrcade.

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Thanks 1

@hovathagod32 Ah, that makes sense, should be an easy fix then for the tron, thanks dude(I'll update my tron post on here when I figure out which byte it is).  I did end up finding the byte for Doc/Announcer to show up at ringside: https://imgur.com/a/IGneY7C  The only thing that sucks is changing that one byte screws up the corners of the barricade, so would likely require 3d modeling to keep them there :/ 

That is strange, did you use older assets for both /entrance bases?  I'll go see if any of my arenas work in those match modes, I just assumed they didn't because I used SNME as a base for quite a few of them(which glitches) and also Halloween Havoc '96 had the same issue(though I didn't know you can activate it in it's previously used slot in the 02 at the time of putting it in, I replaced NXT '10 with it, so maybe there is hope for that one)  I have a feeling I'm going to be redoing a lot of things in the near future either way :D  

This glitch is definitely a weird one.. My Survivor Series '87(replaces Extreme Rules '17), Survivor Series '88(replaces Backlash '18) work fine with TLC matches, etc, but my Survivor Series '89(replaces Survivor Series '17) that uses the same /entrance and assets for the most part glitches.. 0_o

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, motishow said:

Anyone has problems with the invisible ramps during the entrances in some moded arenas that don’t have ramp?

Did you replace an arena with a ramp? If so, try replacing one without one.

• Like 1