Patch 1.03 modding issues

LordBarker

9 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

w. How did you get back to 1.02? 

I don't know.

Just I started my game but is not worked, and after make a reinstall and now see the 1.02 version.

I used this version (1.02) before the problem too.
Maybe I havent 1.03 yet?

Perhaps. 1.03 has definitely been released as mine auto downloaded and is doing very odd things. I have backups of everything so will just restore the game to default and wait for Wrestle+ to be updated, 

After game patches updates, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:

First, if you're smart enough to install all of your .pac files into the mods folder to install your mods you won't have to re-install most of your modded .pac files (you will still have to restore/re-update the .pck and bk2 files, though). Some helper mods like Super String, Titantron Fix (assetconv*.pac) etc.. might have to get updated with new patches as well, if the files they are based on have been updated by said patch.
If you do not use the mods folder, however, you'll likely have to reinstall many of your modded files after a game update/patch.
Note that you normally shouldn't have to reinstall any .pofo, .moveset, .team_info, etc. files as they should be converted in the save game (unless some slots got locked/changed/reserved for DLC that previously haven't been). Those that have already been injected and saved to your save game should work fine.

Second, you'll always have to re-generate the Chunk0.def file to point the game to your modded .pac files (CCT and WrestlePlus should have "smart" options to do it properly), otherwise your mods won't work.
Also, you'll have to empty the Chunk0.arc file (you can use Data Editor's installer, CCT or WrestlePlus to do so) to prevent the game from crashing with mods installed.

Third, any tools that read from and write to memory (including WrestlePlus, CCT, etc.) will have to be updated to work with any new game update/patch due to memory addresses changing. Don't try to use them (or more specifically, anything that manipulates memory) with game versions that are different than the ones they are intended for or they will most likely mess your save game up considerably (on a side noe, it's always a good idea to keep backups of your save game). Wait for the tools to be updated until you use them again.

• Yes! 1

Yeah it's just a simple case of waiting for Wrestleplus to be honest. I forgot to take a backup of the def is all. I could do it manually by adding entries as used to do it that way, but might as well wait if it's coming soon. I have backups of everything, just a bit annoying couldn't do what I wanted to tonight! 

That said, none of my modded stars remained in game, all save slots reverted to default and the mods disappeared. Obviously it won't take long to reinject bit definitely didn't transfer them to the updated save. 

EDIT: Oops forgot they wouldn't appear because of the strings they are there just at the end of course, d'uh! Rebuilt def with X-packer (cheers WheretheF for reminding me) and all working bar the strings. 

Edited by LordBarker

I  now can see the 1.03 verison!

WWE 2K19 Patch 1.03 is Live

DECEMBER 5. - VORE2K

The latest patch for WWE 2K19 is live today to prep for the upcoming New Moves Pack and address the following issues.

Universe mode

The proper menu displays when using a Superstar unlocked via VC and assigning them a custom title in a show. Also, the title will no longer soft crash when attempting to load into the edited show.

No additional manager will appear when customizing a normal match with managers and then switching to another Superstar with two managers.

Fixed issue with normal matches with managers when the target menu would appear when selecting participants for an entrance run-in. The target menu no longer appears, and if a match participant is selected for a normal match with managers, their opponent will be automatically the target of the entrance run-in.

Gameplay

Fixed soft crash when using some specific side plate designs in a custom title and then assigning that title to a Superstar with custom side plates.

MyPlayer 

Fixed issue with players not receiving a new move when purchasing from the store and closing out of the game during the loading screen immediately after. Now players that do this will retain their VC and are free to purchase that move again if they like.

Towers

Players are now able to reverse the A.I.'s signature and finisher after a comeback has been successfully performed in the Million Dollar Tower.

3 hours ago, Dollarman said:

I  now can see the 1.03 verison!

WWE 2K19 Patch 1.03 is Live

DECEMBER 5. - VORE2K

The latest patch for WWE 2K19 is live today to prep for the upcoming New Moves Pack and address the following issues.

Universe mode

The proper menu displays when using a Superstar unlocked via VC and assigning them a custom title in a show. Also, the title will no longer soft crash when attempting to load into the edited show.

No additional manager will appear when customizing a normal match with managers and then switching to another Superstar with two managers.

Fixed issue with normal matches with managers when the target menu would appear when selecting participants for an entrance run-in. The target menu no longer appears, and if a match participant is selected for a normal match with managers, their opponent will be automatically the target of the entrance run-in.

Gameplay

Fixed soft crash when using some specific side plate designs in a custom title and then assigning that title to a Superstar with custom side plates.

MyPlayer 

Fixed issue with players not receiving a new move when purchasing from the store and closing out of the game during the loading screen immediately after. Now players that do this will retain their VC and are free to purchase that move again if they like.

Towers

Players are now able to reverse the A.I.'s signature and finisher after a comeback has been successfully performed in the Million Dollar Tower.

Doesnt seem worth an update, Im gonna stick with 1.02 for the time being

3 hours ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

@LordBarker if you don't use any custom strings like attire names etc, and use the string addresses for every mod you use, just install the super string again and everything will work again, it did for me :)

Yeah have done mate. Also manually changed a few bits. It's no biggie, just attire names that I can't be arsed to change manually. 

• Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, LordBarker said:

No mate, once it's updated, it's updated.

Yeah thats why I turn off auto-update for WWE 2k games, always best to find out what havoc an updates gonna cause before you install it.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:07 PM, Cave Waverider said:

After game patches updates, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:

First, if you're smart enough to install all of your .pac files into the mods folder to install your mods you won't have to re-install most of your modded .pac files (you will still have to restore/re-update the .pck and bk2 files, though). Some helper mods like Super String, Titantron Fix (assetconv*.pac) etc.. might have to get updated with new patches as well, if the files they are based on have been updated by said patch.
If you do not use the mods folder, however, you'll likely have to reinstall many of your modded files after a game update/patch.
Note that you normally shouldn't have to reinstall any .pofo, .moveset, .team_info, etc. files as they should be converted in the save game (unless some slots got locked/changed/reserved for DLC that previously haven't been). Those that have already been injected and saved to your save game should work fine.

Second, you'll always have to re-generate the Chunk0.def file to point the game to your modded .pac files (CCT and WrestlePlus should have "smart" options to do it properly), otherwise your mods won't work.
Also, you'll have to empty the Chunk0.arc file (you can use Data Editor's installer, CCT or WrestlePlus to do so) to prevent the game from crashing with mods installed.

Third, any tools that read from and write to memory (including WrestlePlus, CCT, etc.) will have to be updated to work with any new game update/patch due to memory addresses changing. Don't try to use them (or more specifically, anything that manipulates memory) with game versions that are different than the ones they are intended for or they will most likely mess your save game up considerably (on a side noe, it's always a good idea to keep backups of your save game). Wait for the tools to be updated until you use them again.

Seems like the Titantron fix is broken again, since all my imported titantrons for modded wrestlers aren't working. The ones I've replaced, like Drew's for example, work though, so i assume the tron fix is broken. Any idea on if a new one will come out?

I've installed 1.03 and don't have any issues. Keep in mind that any vanilla game files which you have changed will be replaced with any save. So if you've modded any of the in game wrestlers, tron fixes pacs, etc these get replaced when the patch is installed. 

I've rebuilt the def and deleted the arc and all the additional wrestlers I've added show up in game without issue. If you are using X-Packer to dump and edit the save files, enter the value of 220480 in the patch offset increase fields under settings. This will compensate for the changes in the save offsets due to the new save. 

On 12/7/2018 at 7:19 AM, tekken57 said:

I've installed 1.03 and don't have any issues. Keep in mind that any vanilla game files which you have changed will be replaced with any save. So if you've modded any of the in game wrestlers, tron fixes pacs, etc these get replaced when the patch is installed. 

I've rebuilt the def and deleted the arc and all the additional wrestlers I've added show up in game without issue. If you are using X-Packer to dump and edit the save files, enter the value of 220480 in the patch offset increase fields under settings. This will compensate for the changes in the save offsets due to the new save. 

Cheers mate. Everything working as it should using your tools, able to install, rename etc etc everything fine :) Out of interest are there any slots that are not able to be used? I know there are only 50 extra slots available and with pacplus could see what was loaded, is there any way to see this with Xpacker? I got Slaughter to work in 791 and quite a few more, but don't want to inject into a non-working slot as there is of course more than 50 extra slots that appear. Apologies if I've misunderstood how the slots work this year!  

Good morning. I didn’t enable the additional slots other the standard slots as the tools to enable these slots were not available when I released x-packer. 

If you require these, I will code support on the next update.