HELP PLEASE

OBSG

hi, welcome, what are you looking to mod? and what version is your xpacker?

Also there's a good starting topic.

a lot of what you will see there will confuse you at first. just keep reading and searching and look for recurring patterns to better understand the processes of modding.

Edited by Impaler

• 1 year later...

There's no way to do it outside of that specific way on PS3, so you must be making a mistake somewhere along the way. It took me a few tries before I got it to work the right way, as my post history will tell you lol

Follow the tutorial again but try and focus on every little detail when doing so, because that's a good bit of what modding is- attention to detail. It's very easy to slip up on one little thing and suddenly it won't work.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:09 PM, xtremebrett said:

There's no way to do it outside of that specific way on PS3, so you must be making a mistake somewhere along the way. It took me a few tries before I got it to work the right way, as my post history will tell you lol

Follow the tutorial again but try and focus on every little detail when doing so, because that's a good bit of what modding is- attention to detail. It's very easy to slip up on one little thing and suddenly it won't work.

i got it a few days ago with help of impaler, and the only thing wrong about the tutorial in the andy's mods thread is that the "game" and "GAMES" folders, he messed up writing that part.

the only thing i need help with now is renaming an exsisting character in the game, example changing damien sandows name to Kurt Angle, also render too, but i want to focus on the name part first :)

• Like 1

That's great to hear that you got it to work!

Names are fairly simple. 

Follow Rooster's tutorial on editing the string pac but do it with stringdlc_05.pac from the catalog005 dlc folder within the game folder. (PS3 reads this file for some reason)

Then follow this to grab your Save file and open it in X-Packer using the "Wrestler Info" option. Double click on the ID of the person you want to rename and replace the strings for all 3 names with the string you updated.

Hope this was clear enough :)

Don't worry Tatertot when you'll get it...it will go fast!!  I was discourage at the beginning and almost about to quit but eventually(also with the help of Impaler) it clicked and after it clicked I began to be obsessed about modding. But eventually I stopped because I was doing stuff that was getting me angry (shows screen menu for example).

Now that I did what I wanted to accompplish at the beginning,  I'm enjoying the game way more than before 😉

Easiest way would be to buy an Xbox and buy Legends of Wrestling but it's more satisfying to try creating your ''own'' game.

And as Impaler is also requesting, if someone could eventually come in and explain with a tutorial on ''HOW TO IMPORT MOVES'' from 2k15 to 2k17, then for me wwe 2k14 would be a little piece of art to keep for years to come specially if we still get those non-enjoyable game and Universe like what we have on Xbox one or PS4.🙄

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

• 2 weeks later...