WCW/nWo Revenge 2K: WCW Starrcade '97 (Now available for download)

hovathagod32

Starrcade '97 Replaces Starrcade '83. It comes with everything except the transitional video. That can't be added to this slot. I will likely come back and make a better Starrcade '83 later, so be on the look out for that eventually.

http://2kmodz.com/file/4b4265ffc4a9927ca0ec04ad27f056e5

This will replace Summerslam '88. It comes with logos, nameplate, locator, copyright, and winner plates. If you want the name to show up in the menu, you will need a variation of the super string from @pozzum

Make sure to back up your files before installation.

http://2kmodz.com/file/ac2fecff2fd89b1f45efe82dbe6cad89 

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 8
  • Too Sweet 6
  • Glorious 3
  • Yes! 1
  • Woo 1

Nice, that looks fuckin badass thanks man!!

Edit : Oh damn I just noticed it replaces SummerSlam88, thats one of the only in-game arenas I will actually use :(

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

Nice, that looks fuckin badass thanks man!!

Edit : Oh damn I just noticed it replaces SummerSlam88, thats one of the only in-game arenas I will actually use :(

Thank you. You and @LordJustice17 helped me get started and the Legends project kept me motivated lol

You can put it into another slot if you want, but the issue will likely be with the matchup screen not working anymore. Minus the matchup screen, everything else is just misc editing and SHDC injecting into a different arena slot. I can help you if needed. Just PM me and let me know what slot you want to use.

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 1

This is detailed work @hovathagod32. Well done bro. 

The only minor issue is that it replaces Summerslam 88, which is the only wwe classic ppv arena they have left in the game. I will take your suggestion and replace another arena I don't use . Thank you.

• Too Sweet 1

Awesome work on this bud. Not sure if you remember me asking awhile back about your WCW project and whether or not you would be releasing something. Can I assume this is the start of a larger project that you will be delivering to us? It is an amazing arena and I shall certainly be using it within my WCW Universe mode.

The Sting attire very much caught my eye. Again is that something that you may release at all? It looks really good. I have never seen an attire like that before. Credit to you for all the hard work you have put into that arena and to any other projects you have and will possibly be working on. *thumbs up*

7 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

This is detailed work @hovathagod32. Well done bro. 

The only minor issue is that it replaces Summerslam 88, which is the only wwe classic ppv arena they have left in the game. I will take your suggestion and replace another arena I don't use . Thank you.

This will definitely help people in learning how the process works. The reason that I went with SS '88 is because of how barebones the venue is. I will likely be replacing Starrcade '83 with Starrcade '97 on my next release for that same reason. 

6 hours ago, Goon3r73 said:

Awesome work on this bud. Not sure if you remember me asking awhile back about your WCW project and whether or not you would be releasing something. Can I assume this is the start of a larger project that you will be delivering to us? It is an amazing arena and I shall certainly be using it within my WCW Universe mode.

The Sting attire very much caught my eye. Again is that something that you may release at all? It looks really good. I have never seen an attire like that before. Credit to you for all the hard work you have put into that arena and to any other projects you have and will possibly be working on. *thumbs up*

I'll try to release Sting with the Starrcade '97 arena. I want to port the older ones but I've been having issues getting hair and the jackets to animate together, and I do not want to release them without it.

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

10 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

This will definitely help people in learning how the process works. The reason that I went with SS '88 is because of how barebones the venue is. I will likely be replacing Starrcade '83 with Starrcade '97 on my next release for that same reason. 

I'll try to release Sting with the Starrcade '97 arena. I want to port the older ones but I've been having issues getting hair and the jackets to animate together, and I do not want to release them without it.

You are indeed right. Summerslam 88 is barebones.

3 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

You are indeed right. Summerslam 88 is barebones.

I have some ideas on how to make it look much more realistic to the actual venue, but I'm not sure that I'll be using Summerslam 88 in my WWF slot. Rumble 92 could be similar, so I'll see how that goes.

If you ever get a chance. Can you give us our WWF Saturday night main event arena back. They took it this year for some odd reason. I would love to see your take on it. Just a thought I had. 

Thanks again 

1 hour ago, amazing-maze said:

If you ever get a chance. Can you give us our WWF Saturday night main event arena back. They took it this year for some odd reason. I would love to see your take on it. Just a thought I had. 

Thanks again 

Hi, You can unlock the arena itself by modifying the misc_start.pac file. All the arena's that were in 2k18 but removed this year are in the game. You will get the arena and it's objects but not the assets like nameplates, matchup screen, locators , transitions as these were not added and the 2k18 files will not work. For all the 2k18 assets to be ported to the game, an arena will have to be replaced.

Just for illustration purposes, here is the modified misc_start.pac file with SNME, WCW Saturday Night and WCCW unlocked for selection in the menu screen .I have also included the transitions and replay transitions. You will need to replace the same file in the pac/mod folder.

https://mega.nz/#!YzJURQxb!NygL1orb67LF-cEDb0VHfw6NEpUW6wzWDClFjTTOGxg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

In case it can make it easier...You can also use Create-a-show to bypass the whole match-up screen.

@amazing-maze Without trying to hijack anything, wait for our pack. We have it done already. SNME and 'The' main event. (WWE and WWF version)

Edited by esbatmusic
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Hi, You can unlock the arena itself by modifying the misc_start.pac file. All the arena's that were in 2k18 but removed this year are in the game. You will get the arena and it's objects but not the assets like nameplates, matchup screen, locators , transitions as these were not added and the 2k18 files will not work. For all the 2k18 assets to be ported to the game, an arena will have to be replaced.

Just for illustration purposes, here is the modified misc_start.pac file with SNME, WCW Saturday Night and WCCW unlocked for selection in the menu screen .I have also included the transitions and replay transitions. You will need to replace the same file in the pac/mod folder.

https://mega.nz/#!YzJURQxb!NygL1orb67LF-cEDb0VHfw6NEpUW6wzWDClFjTTOGxg

wow ok. Ill definitely look into it. Thank you 

@esbatmusic wooooo…..ok no problem. Thank you much 

Edited by amazing-maze

On 11/25/2018 at 7:38 AM, tekken57 said:

Awesome work! 

I cant seem to download from that site, it’s giving me an error about not detecting the game or something like that. 

You have to make your games library in your steam profile public so it can check if you have the game.

I decided to replace SummerSlam88 and just put it back when i need to use it. Hats off to you Hova, Thunder is a thing of beauty, thanks man. Looking forward to more WCW arenas!