Nameplates vanished

LordBarker

So been working on a few arena mods and all was going well, unlocked some hidden arenas and all seemed to be fine. All of a sudden no nameplates are displayed. Even in the 'Edit Show' previews they don't appear. To be clear this is for default in-game arenas, not for those hidden arenas that don't have assets. Have backtracked and restored pretty much everything and still the issue persists. Anyone have any idea what's causing this? Even reset the save to default and still have the issues. 

5 hours ago, LordBarker said:

So been working on a few arena mods and all was going well, unlocked some hidden arenas and all seemed to be fine. All of a sudden no nameplates are displayed. Even in the 'Edit Show' previews they don't appear. To be clear this is for default in-game arenas, not for those hidden arenas that don't have assets. Have backtracked and restored pretty much everything and still the issue persists. Anyone have any idea what's causing this? Even reset the save to default and still have the issues. 

Hi,

Did you try to modify the nameplate file ltag_nameplate_win.pac ? This is in the pac/menu/assets/wwe19singleread/anima folder. 

You might want to grap a copy of the file from Azn's 2k19 Vanilla file upload.

The default arena's all have the nameplates working in my game. But his happens when the nameplate file is accidentally moved to a different location.

No I've not touched the normal nameplates or CAA nameplates. They are also in two different directories so to make them all disappear assume I would have to have moved them both which I haven't even moved one. Will try some stuff and then go for a reinstall if that doesn't work. Seem to be having a lot of issues with certain slots and pacplus. Did wonder if it was that so reset the save and still have the same issues. 

14 minutes ago, LordBarker said:

No I've not touched the normal nameplates or CAA nameplates. They are also in two different directories so to make them all disappear assume I would have to have moved them both which I haven't even moved one. Will try some stuff and then go for a reinstall if that doesn't work. Seem to be having a lot of issues with certain slots and pacplus. Did wonder if it was that so reset the save and still have the same issues. 

Hi, sometime you get weird situations like this. I had a little issue a week ago where the menu background music stopped playing. I eventually had to verify the files through steam..

Resetting the save will not fix the problem if the file itself was corrupted. I will suggest you try downloading and replacing these three files in your game :

ltag_nameplate_win.pac   (in the menu\win\assets\wwe19singleread\anime folder)

ltpj_nameplate_locator_win.pac (in the menu\win\projects folder)

nameplatetable.pac (in the menu\createshow folder.)

You can download the files from @AznBlusuazn's 2k19 vanilla files thread.

Oddly the nameplate PAC under the anime folder was corrupted. No idea how this happened. Hadn't even started editing nameplates yet. Anyway all fixed. A lot of slots seems to have issues this year though and do odd things from not saving movesets to crashing the game. I wonder if that's caused something? I've been modding since console and the first time I've seen it do such odd things with slots. Perhaps CCT will remedy the slot issue. Thanks for all the help guys :)

3 hours ago, LordBarker said:

Oddly the nameplate PAC under the anime folder was corrupted. No idea how this happened. Hadn't even started editing nameplates yet. Anyway all fixed. A lot of slots seems to have issues this year though and do odd things from not saving movesets to crashing the game. I wonder if that's caused something? I've been modding since console and the first time I've seen it do such odd things with slots. Perhaps CCT will remedy the slot issue. Thanks for all the help guys :)

Do you use Windows 10 Version 1809 by any chance? If so that might be the problem, as that version is riddle with bugs, such as randomly corrupting and deleting files (yes, even with the recent re-release). If that's the case, I'd suggest to roll back to Version 1803 if you can.

• Like 1