Which finishers are the strongest?

ThatRebel17

Which finisher(s) do the most damage? Like a top 10? 

Before anyone says they all do the same damage: not true. Also I have finisher damage set to 80/100. It would be stupid to have all finishers do the same damage (like a Pedigree doing the same damage as say, Gold-dusts finisher) so luckily I have tested it out and found they all vary in damage, which is good. A lot of superstars finishers do the same damage, possibly the majority - but once you get to “major” superstars like say The Rock vs Triple H, the finishers damage varies which is cool.  

Here is some pictures to show that. Note: all superstars are maxed out (100) and finisher damage is 80/100. I believe the reason why the finishers vary in damage is because some finishers do more damage if you increase certain stats. Like some require arm strength which can be increased more so in certain characters then say running attack.... So that may explain the reason for them being different. 

I did the tests VS AI, starting with 2 finishers. I have a custom match setup just for this. Walk towards AJ styles and press Y for finisher. Then once enemy on ground I immediately press Y for charged finisher. No kicks or punches or any other moves allowed. If AI reverses I restart match and do it over. Then I would screen shot the damage done by 1 regular finisher + 1 charged finisher.  

Results so far: 

1 stone cold stunner + 1 charged stunner (Steve Austin with 100 stats maxed out) 

CbVWlgh.jpg

^^Damage of 2 Stunners. Two of them took out 1 full health bar then a little small bit of the 2nd health bar. 

Then start new match: 1 pedigree  followed by 1 charged Pedigree (Triple H with 100 stats maxed out)  

dq97Wra.jpg

^^Damage of 2 Pedigrees. Took out 1 full health bar + a small chunk of the 2nd health bar is orange. It did slightly more damage then 2 Stunners did. 

Lastly new match: 2 Rock bottoms 1 regular 1 charged (The Rock 01 with stats maxed out) 

KXgzO4O.jpg^^Damage of 2 rock bottoms. Does notciably more damage then both the Pedigree and the Stunner. 

They also vary damage wise depending where they are done, such as outside the ring on the hard floor they do much more damage.

I haven’t had time to test them all on Xbox, but I bet the PC verision probably is the easiest to find the answer by checking the “file stats” and damage outpost of the finishers? So maybe someone with a PC knows? 

Edited by ThatRebel17

Hi, 

You are 

6 hours ago, ThatRebel17 said:

Which finisher(s) do the most damage? Like a top 10? 

Before anyone says they all do the same damage: not true. Also I have finisher damage set to 80/100. It would be stupid to have all finishers do the same damage (like a Pedigree doing the same damage as say, Gold-dusts finisher) so luckily I have tested it out and found they all vary in damage, which is good. A lot of superstars finishers do the same damage, possibly the majority - but once you get to “major” superstars like say The Rock vs Triple H, the finishers damage varies which is cool.  

Here is some pictures to show that. Note: all superstars are maxed out (100) and finisher damage is 80/100. I believe the reason why the finishers vary in damage is because some finishers do more damage if you increase certain stats. Like some require arm strength which can be increased more so in certain characters then say running attack.... So that may explain the reason for them being different. 

I did the tests VS AI, starting with 2 finishers. I have a custom match setup just for this. Walk towards AJ styles and press Y for finisher. Then once enemy on ground I immediately press Y for charged finisher. No kicks or punches or any other moves allowed. If AI reverses I restart match and do it over. Then I would screen shot the damage done by 1 regular finisher + 1 charged finisher.  

Results so far: 

1 stone cold stunner + 1 charged stunner (Steve Austin with 100 stats maxed out) 

CbVWlgh.jpg

^^Damage of 2 Stunners. Two of them took out 1 full health bar then a little small bit of the 2nd health bar. 

Then start new match: 1 pedigree  followed by 1 charged Pedigree (Triple H with 100 stats maxed out)  

dq97Wra.jpg

^^Damage of 2 Pedigrees. Took out 1 full health bar + a small chunk of the 2nd health bar is orange. It did slightly more damage then 2 Stunners did. 

Lastly new match: 2 Rock bottoms 1 regular 1 charged (The Rock 01 with stats maxed out) 

KXgzO4O.jpg^^Damage of 2 rock bottoms. Does notciably more damage then both the Pedigree and the Stunner. 

They also vary damage wise depending where they are done, such as outside the ring on the hard floor they do much more damage.

I haven’t had time to test them all on Xbox, but I bet the PC verision probably is the easiest to find the answer by checking the “file stats” and damage outpost of the finishers? So maybe someone with a PC knows? 

Hi, 

I will say rather than use different superstars, if you assign the moves you tested to the same superstar , for instance assign the Rock bottom to Austin.

In my experience and by a few tests, in the current gen wwe games since wwe 2k15, the Hulk Hogan comeback animation if set as a finisher does more damage than any other move till date, due to the multiple combo punches and leg attacks. This cannot be done on consoles however since it' a ported move from wwe 2k15.

The damage level moves will inflict also depend on the hit point ratio of the opponent.

There are minor variations however as you have mentioned. A combination move like Asuka's empress combination (combination 5 in 2k19) if set as a finisher does it bit more than the moves you have listed in my opinion./ You might want to test this yourself .

But for PC gamers who use mods, The Hogan comeback trumps them all.

• 8 months later...

I don’t see an empress combo #5 on 2K19 on Xbox one.

Empress combo 1 does slightly more damage then most finishers. The 2nd combo does slightly less for some reason.

It makes no sense really. I have tested it on MANY moves and running ____ #1 does less then then running _____#2 even though they are the same move, just a different animation. I just used running blank as an example. 

Anyone know? So far in testing out basically all major superstars there’s only a few that can inflict large amount of damage - I just want to see if I’m missing any. Or maybe someone with a PC can see move damage stats? 

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:36 AM, ThatRebel17 said:

I don’t see an empress combo #5 on 2K19 on Xbox one.

Empress combo 1 does slightly more damage then most finishers. The 2nd combo does slightly less for some reason.

It makes no sense really. I have tested it on MANY moves and running ____ #1 does less then then running _____#2 even though they are the same move, just a different animation. I just used running blank as an example. 

Anyone know? So far in testing out basically all major superstars there’s only a few that can inflict large amount of damage - I just want to see if I’m missing any. Or maybe someone with a PC can see move damage stats? 

Hi,

The data is not in the file stats. 

There are files called motion parametric files (param) located in the games file structure (ingame/motion.body folder) which contain information on the target body part for each move and data for the health damage level. This data varies for each move. Its sort of been the same data format that's being used since wwe 2k15.

So you are indeed right. Certain finishers have higher stats which is handled by the data in this file, irrespective of whether the special moves damage, grapple offence etc are altered in the game. 

In a way its is possible to change these stats with some advanced Hex editing the on a PC. On a console however, this can't be done for obvious reasons.

Edited by squaredcirclefan