Arena Information, Asset IDs, and bunch of other stuff

hovathagod32

7 hours ago, BigRedMonster said:

How can i change in game font for supported characters wwe 2k19?

"Do your edits.. Make sure you do not move the letters. If you want to swap fonts completely, what you're going to have to do is line up each new letter to it's old letter. You have to be very precise with this because you'll end up with alignment issues if you do it poorly. So make your edits, and make sure that you create an alpha file. If you've modded anything before alphas reveal what you want to see, so in this case you make all the text white in the alpha so it creates transparency in game. "

20 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

@hovathagod32 Does this allow for changing of font colors as well, or do we have to edit a palette for it somewhere?

Yes and no. You'll notice that some fonts appear white in their texture but in-game they take on another color.. Might be the case for NXT, RAW, Nitro. Nitro's is white during the matchup, but yellow during the entrances. That is due to the .atb0 file. With the help of @Perfectplex I was able to figure out some things in that file, and you may be able to just search the hex color code and change it... But there's a lot more in that file I haven't really narrowed down. And now with 2K19 there seems to be 2 of those files to a pac lol..

So in the event that color swapping the texture doesn't fix the font color ingame, I just suggest using a different base until we figure out all that the .atb0 file has. From experiments I know that it has a font color element, font sizing, text animation, its positioning on screen, and how long it stays on the screen if it is something like a nameplate or locator.

• 1 month later...

@hovathagod32 Long-time lurker here but just been making some matchup videos in After Effects, which I use as part of my job. Can I make nameplates in the same way as matchup screen videos, or do they need the alpha channel, which would require photoshop like the older console titles? Thanks for your great guide. 

@hovathagod32 I've successfully input extra arenas. All working fine.

I've got the show-table and logo-table stuff working, the only logo I cant get to show up is the main PPV LOGO from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\pac\menu\win\Assets\wwe19_singleread\texture\ltag_ppv_logo_win.pac

I figured out the others by flipping hex and shit, but in (logotablemenu) I can't find the correlation between:

LOGO_TABLE_2.jpg

the hex above (for arena 3 i presume) has hex of 82D4, or 82D403, whether flipped or with the 03 or whatever combination I try I cant find how the result matches with the files inside _itag_ppv_logo_win

LOGO_TABLE_3.jpg

I'm making a big 80's arena mod with @WhereTheFdidTheEgo and the main logos will help for when I make a how to create shows for arenas instruction video.

I've learned a lot from you on multiple subjects, so thanks for all your hard work & THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

Edited by JManny
REPLACED IMAGE - TINYPIC SHUT DOWN
  • Like 1

@JManny its the exact same as renders. You follow Hanley's tutorial and you can make single PPV logos for the arena slots you want. Use "wwe19_singleread/texture/ppv_logo#"

so smackdown is wwe19_singleread/texture/ppv_logo0, Raw - wwe19_singleread/texture/ppv_logo1 etc, etc. 

This is an added slot: Screen_Shot_2019-05-05_at_12.22.58_AM.pn

19 hours ago, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

@hovathagod32 Long-time lurker here but just been making some matchup videos in After Effects, which I use as part of my job. Can I make nameplates in the same way as matchup screen videos, or do they need the alpha channel, which would require photoshop like the older console titles? Thanks for your great guide. 

nameplates require alpha channels

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hovathagod32 said:

@JManny its the exact same as renders. You follow Hanley's tutorial and you can make single PPV logos for the arena slots you want. Use "wwe19_singleread/texture/ppv_logo#"

so smackdown is wwe19_singleread/texture/ppv_logo0, Raw - wwe19_singleread/texture/ppv_logo1 etc, etc. 

This is an added slot: Screen_Shot_2019-05-05_at_12.22.58_AM.pn

nameplates require alpha channels

Thanks bro, got them looking nice in-game. Any tips on lining up a new font? They are a pain in the ass! Trying to put in old school fonts from Summerslam and it's tricky. 

9 hours ago, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

Thanks bro, got them looking nice in-game. Any tips on lining up a new font? They are a pain in the ass! Trying to put in old school fonts from Summerslam and it's tricky. 

I don't think that it'll ever be perfect unless we figure out the ATB0 file in its entirety. For now, the only thing you can do is find a font that's similar and line up each letter to the original in PS.

2 hours ago, hovathagod32 said:

I don't think that it'll ever be perfect unless we figure out the ATB0 file in its entirety. For now, the only thing you can do is find a font that's similar and line up each letter to the original in PS.

Thanks Hova, decided to switch the font colour. Only issue is the WWE logo disappears from the second .DDS file in the 002.ftpk. IT doesn't matter if I don't touch it, whenever I re-save the DDS it won't display. I've tried leaving it untouched and replacing it for a 'WWF' logo and no luck, you can see the issue here, where there is no logo to the left of 'Champion':

w4ptPKT.png 

7 minutes ago, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

Thanks Hova, decided to switch the font colour. Only issue is the WWE logo disappears from the second .DDS file in the 002.ftpk. IT doesn't matter if I don't touch it, whenever I re-save the DDS it won't display. I've tried leaving it untouched and replacing it for a 'WWF' logo and no luck, you can see the issue here, where there is no logo to the left of 'Champion':

w4ptPKT.png 

are you using 2K19 button images? might have to try that with the 2K19 atb0.

In this particular .DDS (the second one), it's contains the second half of the letters - mainly the ones with accents on - and the WWE logo (along with Smackdown and RAW). This seems to be the logo that controls the display, not the one in the button images oddly. 

3 minutes ago, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

In this particular .DDS (the second one), it's contains the second half of the letters - mainly the ones with accents on - and the WWE logo (along with Smackdown and RAW). This seems to be the logo that controls the display, not the one in the button images oddly. 

if that's the case the button dds is after the 2nd or before the first. you can't just replace the unwanted fonts for the logos

15 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

if that's the case the button dds is after the 2nd or before the first. you can't just replace the unwanted fonts for the logos

Sorry not sure I was clear, the logo is here:

jR7zYbs.png

If you bring the original .DDS into photshop and try to change the WWE logo for a WWF one no logo shows up, period. If you just drag an untouched .DDS into Photoshop and simply try to create an alpha and save the logo still does not display. Doesn't make sense as it even does it with an untouched original file. 

Edited by ChiefJayStrongbow

2 minutes ago, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

Sorry not sure I was clear, the logo is here:

jR7zYbs.png

If you bring the original .DDS into photshop and try to change the WWE logo for a WWF one no logo shows up, period. If you just drag an untouched .DDS into Photoshop and simply try to create an alpha and save the logo still does not display. Doesn't make sense as it even does it with an untouched original file. 

I see.. What's the slot that the arena you are using is in? it could be something related to the misc for it to now show up, not 100% sure but I know retro etc slots dictate which logo shows up like the attitude era, new gen or classic. Forgot the byte tho.

5 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

I see.. What's the slot that the arena you are using is in? it could be something related to the misc for it to now show up, not 100% sure but I know retro etc slots dictate which logo shows up like the attitude era, new gen or classic. Forgot the byte tho.

I modded the 205 LIVE arena to Saturday Night's Main Event, think I used the Summerslam ring assets if I recall and created the apron.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:18 PM, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

I modded the 205 LIVE arena to Saturday Night's Main Event, think I used the Summerslam ring assets if I recall and created the apron.

@ChiefJayStrongbow, I was just wondering why you modded the 205 LIVE arena when the SNME arena file is in the game.

@hovathagod32 @ChiefJayStrongbow

Hey there, I was just reading through the conversation about fonts and wanted to give you guys a little information I know. I haven't seen it mentioned in the discussion yet, and wasn't sure if this information was out there, so I figured I'd bring it up. - The font texture files, although converted to DDS, are made with programs that go back about 20-25 years - bitmap font generators. This is a piece of information I picked up from the past, as a lot of older games (games like San Andreas) used the same font texture format, the programs they use to make them look something like this, and can be found on google still. bmfont.png

Also, just as a bonus, something else I've figured out, not really because I had anything to go on, just due to past experience - any kb2j or kb2i that has an alpha, of course, is a bk2, but before being a .bk2, it would be in a mov file, which has alpha support, from the obsolete quicktime codec.

Don't know if this is or will be any help for anything, but just I wanted to share a couple bits of what I know from my digging that I haven't seen put out there yet. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MOMO said:

@hovathagod32 @ChiefJayStrongbow

Hey there, I was just reading through the conversation about fonts and wanted to give you guys a little information I know. I haven't seen it mentioned in the discussion yet, and wasn't sure if this information was out there, so I figured I'd bring it up. - The font texture files, although converted to DDS, are made with programs that go back about 20-25 years - bitmap font generators. This is a piece of information I picked up from the past, as a lot of older games (games like San Andreas) used the same font texture format, the programs they use to make them look something like this, and can be found on google still. bmfont.png

Also, just as a bonus, something else I've figured out, not really because I had anything to go on, just due to past experience - any kb2j or kb2i that has an alpha, of course, is a bk2, but before being a .bk2, it would be in a mov file, which has alpha support, from the obsolete quicktime codec.

Don't know if this is or will be any help for anything, but just I wanted to share a couple bits of what I know from my digging that I haven't seen put out there yet. :)

I'll look into that font generator. I hope that works because doing it the manual way is not ideal. I think they'd work with much more freedom if it wasn't for the .atb0 file. But yeah, I do nameplates and graphics with Adobe After Effects on a mac so quicktime is pretty normal for alpha videos. Audio can also be added, which is what I've done with things like Thunder and Nitro 99-01's plates.

Sometimes the audio glitches, but it works.

@hovathagod32 If I find one that works well I'll share it, the big thing is finding one that can support a custom layout, if we can figure that out, we can take the char sets for the files directly from the fptk information in hxd and plug it in to it, after that, I'm sure it won't take long for someone to figure out the right font size/alignment/padding settings to get them to generate correctly.

Thanks for the info.

@hovathagod32 I've been modding arenas fine so far using the misc01, 04 and initpos however for some arenas the crowd chairs disappear. Sometimes this can be fixed by changing the stadium type, other times it can't. Do you know what crow chairs are linked too? I.e. is it something to do with arena geometry or possibly when I'm injecting different entrance assets? Confused as to why this seems to almost randomly happen. Thanks in advance for any help. 

8 hours ago, ChiefJayStrongbow said:

Thanks for the info.

@hovathagod32 I've been modding arenas fine so far using the misc01, 04 and initpos however for some arenas the crowd chairs disappear. Sometimes this can be fixed by changing the stadium type, other times it can't. Do you know what crow chairs are linked too? I.e. is it something to do with arena geometry or possibly when I'm injecting different entrance assets? Confused as to why this seems to almost randomly happen. Thanks in advance for any help. 

I haven't experienced that before. Chairs and crowd files are located in the stadium pac files. If you are messing with geo files, it's best to not use anything before 2K17... Maybe 2K18 if you can because the geos in the older games don't account for crowd fighting, so you'll warp around through the crowd and off ramps. Maybe that is the issue, but I am not sure.